President 2012

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

President 2012

Post by RickD »

As those of you have been following other political threads know, I'm having a difficult time with my decision on who to vote for in the presidential election. Just for giggles, I took the quiz here, to see who I side the most with. I was a little surprised at the results. Try for yourself to see. Answer as many questions as possible, and don't forget to use the "how important is this to you" bar on the left, to get the most accurate results. Here's the link:
isidewith.com
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: President 2012

Post by RickD »

It's becoming clear to me that when I cast my vote for President, I'm going to have to relax my criteria, because otherwise I would not vote for Pres. Here's my criteria that I can't "practically" go by:
1) the candidate has to have the political views I share.
2) the candidate has to be trustworthy in my view.
3) the candidate has to have a legitimate chance to win.
Trying to be the most practical, and still keeping with a clear conscience, I'm finding one candidate rising to the top of my list. And quite frankly I'm surprised on who it is. I'm still trying to decide though. He's the one who I sided the most with on the quiz on my last post. It was over 90% on the quiz.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I took the test and here are my results

-Mitt Romney 91% in agreement, on foreign policy, and on questions pertaining to social, economic, immigration, healthcare & environmental issues.
-Virgil Goode 65% in agreement, on questions pertaining to social, economic and domestic policy issues.
-Baroque Osama 48% in agreement, on questions pertaining to economic, immigration, science and environmental issues.

My views best line up with these parties:

Republican 93%
Libertarian 33%
Democrats 30%
Green Fruitcake 12%

OK RickyD, how did you do? I suspect you of being a Kloset Kommie.

FL y**== y**== y**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

On the basis of the economy, national debt, importance of a balanced budget, financial understanding, energy acquisition and drive towards our energy independence, nomination of judges, and his current stated views on abortion (and his stated sensibilities on nominating judges) make me believe that Romney is a far better choice on these important issues. Romney is highly unlikely to later alienate his base of those who will (hopefully) get him into office - meaning his choices of judges alone could make a tremendous difference for good. Now, could Romney say one thing and then do another? Certainly! But I have to play the odds, that Romney will stay aligned with the sensibilities of those that elect him. A president can do nothing without his political base - which is why it is very unlikely that Romney would later alienate his own. We just can't wait on a perfect candidate, we must and SHOULD choose amongst the choices God has given us.

Also, I well know what disastrous results we've had with Obama, and we KNOW his "values," intentions, and his utter cluelessness on economic issues. For such reasons, I can't see why any Christian would vote for him - certainly not anyone who has been paying close attention, nor one who understands financial/debt matters. The debt issue alone, if not quickly and comprehensively addressed with a strong plan to aggressively turn it in the opposite direction, may well - and VERY soon - turn out to be a catastrophe of unimaginable proportions. And, over four years, Obama and Co. has had NO plan to address it, nor does he seem to even understand the magnitude of the danger it presents. Four years, no plan, no leadership, and another 4-5 trillion dollars in debt, in just one term. Just think of the further damage he may well do with another term and no possibility of another beyond that one! These aren't just abstract, meaningless issues, but ones that, if not addressed, will make for a very scary future.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I didn't record my results the first time, so I took the test again. Here's my results:
86%
Gary Johnson Libertarian

on economic, foreign policy, domestic policy, healthcare, environmental, immigration, and science issues

84%
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney Republican

on economic, social, foreign policy, domestic policy, and immigration issues

80%
Virgil Goode
Virgil Goode Constitution

on economic, social, healthcare, and immigration issues

13%
Barack Obama
Barack Obama Democrat

no major issues
The first time, it was over 90% for Gary Johnson. I'm not sure where I answered differently this time.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Candidates you side with...

77%
Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson Libertarian

on economic, healthcare, domestic policy, foreign policy, and immigration issues

74%
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney Republican

on healthcare, economic, immigration, and social issues

72%
Jill Stein
Jill Stein Green

on foreign policy, domestic policy, environmental, and science issues

69%
Barack Obama
Barack Obama Democrat

on science, social, and immigration issues

54%
American Voters
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

78%
Jill Stein
Jill Stein Green
on environmental, domestic policy, social, and science issues

77%
Barack Obama
Barack Obama Democrat
on economic, social, immigration, and science issues

71%
Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson Libertarian
on foreign policy, social, and immigration issues

39%
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney Republican
on healthcare issues

I had taken this a while back too, and the results are basically the same as far as I remember.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ok, I've just eliminated one candidate from having any chance to get my vote. At least 3 times a day, I get phone calls from unlisted numbers. When I pick up, I get nobody there. Sometimes they hang up after the answering machine answers. You morons don't have to call 3 times a day EVERYDAY, to remind me to vote. I'm going to vote, but now your candidate won't get my vote for sure. :soap:

-Edward R Murrow

Icthus
Established Member

Post by Icthus »

Here's what I got:

93% Jill Stein

78% Barack Obama

70% Rocky Anderson

27% Mitt Romney

No way am I voting for the Green Party, though. Obama it is, I guess.
“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.” -G.K. Chesterton
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote: You morons don't have to call 3 times a day EVERYDAY, to remind me to vote. I'm going to vote, but now your candidate won't get my vote for sure
OK. I'll stop calling!

FL y=D>
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

Gary Johnson (Libertarian): 98%
on foreign policy, domestic policy, economic, healthcare, science, environmental, immigration, and social issues

Virgil Goode (Constitution): 72%
on foreign policy and economic issues

Mitt Romney (Republican): 56%
on economic and environmental issues

Rocky Anderson (Justice): 46% *
on foreign policy and immigration issues

Jill Stein (Green): 46% *

Barack Obama (Democrat): 10% <-- lol
on immigration issues
--------
Libertarian: 89%
Republican: 71%
Green: 56%
Democrat: 28%

* who the heck are these two, amirite?

I seem to be siding pretty will with Mr. Johnson there. But still, I've seen a bit of evidence of him not being quote as pro-liberty as most people think, but not nearly to the degree of Romney and Obama... but still, something to consider.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stygian wrote:Gary Johnson (Libertarian): 98%
on foreign policy, domestic policy, economic, healthcare, science, environmental, immigration, and social issues

Virgil Goode (Constitution): 72%
on foreign policy and economic issues

Mitt Romney (Republican): 56%
on economic and environmental issues

Rocky Anderson (Justice): 46% *

Jill Stein (Green): 46% *

Barack Obama (Democrat): 10% <-- lol
on immigration issues
--------
Libertarian: 89%
Republican: 71%
Green: 56%
Democrat: 28%

* who the heck are these two, amirite?

I seem to be siding pretty will with Mr. Johnson there. But still, I've seen a bit of evidence of him not being quote as pro-liberty as most people think, but not nearly to the degree of Romney and Obama... but still, something to consider.
Wow Stygian, 98%?!!!! I find that amazing that you would match anybody at 98%.

I wonder what would happen if all voters voted for whom they believed would make the best president? Would this 2 party sham we now have, be done away with? It's too bad people choose to vote for whom they think is the lesser of two evils. Either Dem or Rep. If everyone just voted for whom they agree with...

-Edward R Murrow

Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

I'm wholeheartedly in the mindset of "do what you want without infringing on others." Gary Johnson certainly says that's his belief. However, I'm still a bit iffy about him.

I'm strongly against political parties in general, really. I refrain from calling myself a member of any particular party, since the basic instinct of the voting public is to apply me to everyone else in that party or vice versa. I like people to know nothing about me until I explain, in detail, what I believe ;)
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

93 percent
Gary Johnson Libertarian
on domestic policy, economic, foreign policy, social, immigration, science, and healthcare issues
63%
Jill Stein Green
on foreign policy, environmental, and healthcare issues
53%
Rocky Anderson Justice
on foreign policy, environmental, and healthcare issues
46%
Mitt Romney Republican
on science issues
24%
Barack Obama Democrat
on immigration and environmental issues
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
anonymoustunes
Newbie Member

Post by anonymoustunes »

my full results
http://www.isidewith.com/results/203210220

I've taken this a few times and gary has always been in the 90s the rest have been kinda similar at least in order. Ive never agreed more with any candidate ever. I've been following this guys stuff pretty closely and i like it more and more. just saw him speak yesterday. he has my vote for sure. so do any of the other libertarians on the ballot. we only need 5% popular vote this election so that the libertarians can be treated fairly during the debates and election stuff. more info here:
http://www.dailypaul.com/261065/gary-jo ... m-for-good

Candidates you side with...
99%Gary Johnson Libertarian
on foreign policy, economic, social, environmental, healthcare, immigration, domestic policy, and science issues
65%Virgil Goode Constitution
on domestic policy issues
55%Mitt Romney Republican
on economic, science, and domestic policy issues
12%Barack Obama Democrat
on social issues