Flat Earth Theory

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Flat Earth Theory

Post by B. W. »

I am setting up this thread for anyone wanting to discuss Flat Earth Theory...

This is due to the comments made on the - Please Introduce yourself thread and should be moved here so as not to clutter up an area used to welcome new members!

Disclaimer: Let me state that this site does not support Flat Earth Theory, but we do however welcome other points of views regarding Scientific Theories and open this topic for debate, discussion, and various readers comments…
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Flat Earth Theory

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I have somthing in common with the current president of the flat earth society. ;)

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I have a question for F.E.T.
When we observe other planets in our solar system they are round ( can't be a govt. conspiricy as we can see them with telescopes), why would our planet be different and could you explain the process that formed our planet to be flat?

Dan
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I have somthing in common with the current president of the flat earth society. ;)

Dan
Daniel, are you the president?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I sent you a p.m.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Is this really a topic?
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I think it might be if we ever get some flat eathers, i would be interested to hear from a Christian F.E.T. as i don't see any Biblical support for a flat earth and i would be interested to hear their thoughts on the subject.

Dan
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I think it might be if we ever get some flat eathers, i would be interested to hear from a Christian F.E.T. as i don't see any Biblical support for a flat earth and i would be interested to hear their thoughts on the subject.

Dan
Dan, I don't see any biblical support for pizza and crazy bread either. But, I sure do love me some pizza and crazy bread. And you can't convince me, otherwise.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I see Eric lurking. Cmon Eric, we're all waiting with bated breath, for your info.

-Edward R Murrow

Eric
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Eric »

The Earth is not one of the other planets. The Earth is special and unlike the other bodies in numerous ways.

Look over this for an answer to most of your questions. http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/foru ... pic=1324.0

How do you ignore biblical flat earth references?

Job 38:17 , Job 9:6 , 1 Samuel 2:8 , Deuteronomy 13:7 , Genesis 1:6-8 ,Job 26:7-9. Isaiah 11:12
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Why is this even a topic? Your scaring away new people.

Explain- Plate tectonics (earthquakes), satellites, Magnetic field, why Nobody has ever fallen off the earth, why planes don't fly off the earth, why the heck you delude yourself to think that the world is flat?

Do not be offended but most 1st graders display a better understanding of our solar system......
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Job 38:17 Have the gates of death been shown to you? Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death?

I'm missing the reference to a flat earth.

Job 9:6 He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble.

Still missing flat earth here.

1 Samuel 2:8 He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor. "For the foundations of the earth are the LORD's; upon them he has set the world.

Still no flat earth reference.

Deuteronomy 13:7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),

Land, clearly does not mean "entire earth", here. It means geographical area.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Isaiah 11:12
New Living Translation (©2007)
He will raise a flag among the nations and assemble the exiles of Israel. He will gather the scattered people of Judah from the ends of the earth.
Now here's some biblical evidence for a flat earth. If this verse is read literally, and concretely, in the English translations, a case could be made for a flat earth. I've never actually seen anything except 2d images of the earth. So, I have no actual proof that the earth is spherical.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Eric wrote:The Earth is not one of the other planets. The Earth is special and unlike the other bodies in numerous ways.

Look over this for an answer to most of your questions. http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/foru ... pic=1324.0

How do you ignore biblical flat earth references?

Job 38:17 , Job 9:6 , 1 Samuel 2:8 , Deuteronomy 13:7 , Genesis 1:6-8 ,Job 26:7-9. Isaiah 11:12

I don't see any specific reference to a flat earth.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I think it might be if we ever get some flat eathers, i would be interested to hear from a Christian F.E.T. as i don't see any Biblical support for a flat earth and i would be interested to hear their thoughts on the subject.

Dan
Dan, I don't see any biblical support for pizza and crazy bread either. But, I sure do love me some pizza and crazy bread. And you can't convince me, otherwise.
:mrgreen: