Selling Your Soul?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Kenzel
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Selling Your Soul?

Post by Kenzel »

You know all of those stories about people who "sell their souls" to the Devil? Is it really possible to do that? Could a person change their mind and come to Christ if they sold their soul, or are they trapped?
Katabole
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Selling Your Soul?

Post by Katabole »

Hi Kenzel.

No, I don't believe anyone could sell their soul.

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. (KJV)

It's already preowned :ebiggrin:
There are two types of people in our world: those who believe in Christ and those who will.

If Christianity is a man-made religion, then why is its doctrine vehemently against all of man's desires?

Every one that is of the truth hears my voice. Jesus from John 18:37
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I am not sure about selling the souls but I can say this, I have seen blood magic done and not the way movies go about it. but to the point, most blood magic does require "a pledge of your soul", and I think that is how the phrase got common through media. but in reality they do say this.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Jarpenguin
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Jarpenguin »

Hmmm...

Selling your soul? I don't think that is possible in a literal sense. And really, what does Satan have to offer you that Christ does not?

However, I guess you could "give" your soul to Satan simply by denying Christ and not living by his laws. If that were the case, I guess you could take your soul back by turning to Christianity.
"The problem with quotes found on the internet is you have no way of confirming their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Jarpenguin wrote:Hmmm...

Selling your soul? I don't think that is possible in a literal sense. And really, what does Satan have to offer you that Christ does not?

However, I guess you could "give" your soul to Satan simply by denying Christ and not living by his laws. If that were the case, I guess you could take your soul back by turning to Christianity.
Pelagianism and ... what ... counter-pelagianism? y:-/
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Jarpenguin
Newbie Member

Post by Jarpenguin »

Byblos wrote:

Sorry, I don't know all too much about Pelagianism theory...

Can you explain how it relates to my post?
"The problem with quotes found on the internet is you have no way of confirming their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Jarpenguin wrote:
Byblos wrote:

Sorry, I don't know all too much about Pelagianism theory...

Can you explain how it relates to my post?
One cannot sell what one does not possess. It is God and only God that saves through his unmerited grace and nothing we do to earn it. Pelagianism is the belief that one's actions contribute in full or in part to one's salvation.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

well, i do not know this but people who do not give their lives to God, ultimately give it in the devil's hands, in that he is not the master, that would be God alone. but due to sin he has a claim on their souls. just thinking out loud. :esmile:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Jarpenguin
Newbie Member

Post by Jarpenguin »

Byblos wrote:One cannot sell what one does not possess. It is God and only God that saves through his unmerited grace and nothing we do to earn it. Pelagianism is the belief that one's actions contribute in full or in part to one's salvation.
Good point...
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

Good Point Neo,

Yes, there is such a thing called selling soul, but the phrase must not be taken literally. Some people, who practice the occult do have special ceremonies that represent handing over their souls(literally their lives) into the Devil's hand for fame, money, or whatever reason.
In such ceremonies, the person, after a ritual, lays in a casket, representing the death of his soul. When that person comes back up, it is signifying a new being, one with the Devil's touch. There are many iconic figures in the world, nowadays, participate in such activities.
A great example was 2pac.
2pac had participated in this ceremony, and was a member of the group of free masons. After realizing the price (hell) of his fame, wealth acquired with the Devil's help, he started to lean toward Jesus. To a certain, he would give out clues in his songs, revealing how the free mansonry system worked.
Guess what..??.... soon after, he got assassinated. No one knows who did it, but it was most likely by the free mason organization.
So YES, it is possible to "reclaim"your soul, which in essence means submit your life to Jesus Christ, and recognizing Him as Lord and Savior of your life.
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

Hi Kenzel.

No, I don't believe anyone could sell their soul.

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. (KJV)

It's already preowned
You should carefully consider what you are saying. If all souls were already preowned by God, why are there so many people going to Hell? If it was already preowned, then, I dont possible see God sending people to Hell? Unless you are talking about Calvinism
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.