No God?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

No God?

Post by Gman »

No... Know God!!

How can anyone look at this and say there is no God?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Re: No God?

Post by Gabrielman »

The same way they look can look at the ocean and say there is no water. Complete denial.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
truthman
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by truthman »

I think the Eskimo nebula is even better, but I can't get it to paste in here :(
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. " 1 Corinthians 13:1-2
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:No... Know God!!

How can anyone look at this and say there is no God?
Are the colors really that colorful? Or, were the colors added to the picture?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

RickD wrote:Are the colors really that colorful? Or, were the colors added to the picture?
Most "amazing" space shots are color-enhanced.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

BavarianWheels wrote:
RickD wrote:Are the colors really that colorful? Or, were the colors added to the picture?
Most "amazing" space shots are color-enhanced.
Oh. That's a little disappointing then. :(
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Yes... It's a bit enhanced. Not much however. It's a dead star (supernova) from the constellation Cassiopeia.

Original..

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Gman wrote:Yes... It's a Bit enhanced. Not much however. It's a dead star from the constellation cassiopeia.

Original..
I like the original better.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Those photo's are awesome. Color enhanced or not. Is that taken with the hubble telescope?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:Yes... It's a Bit enhanced. Not much however. It's a dead star from the constellation cassiopeia.

Original..
That is amazing. So beautiful.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

If you ever look at the constellation cassiopeia, this is where you will find it. I grabbed this shot from my Starry Night software..

cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Oooooh. Yeah, there are so many really really awesome Hubble images!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

sinnerbybirth wrote:Those photo's are awesome. Color enhanced or not. Is that taken with the hubble telescope?
Yes..

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

If you like supernova's, these are pretty amazing too. Compliments of NASA...

This one happens to be one of my favorites.. Called M51 whirlpool galaxy, a spiral nebula, over 60,000 light-years across.