Helping a Christian Teen?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
GodGamesGirls
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes

Helping a Christian Teen?

Post by GodGamesGirls »

Hey, so I am 15, attend high school and lets face it, lust is in the air. Whenever you look at girl, your eyes just began to stare at ... well you know. Since I am trying to be a better Christian, anyone have some advice as to how I can prevent this kind of behavior, I mean its an just a reflex nowadays. I fear my own salvation.
openminded
Familiar Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Helping a Christian Teen?

Post by openminded »

Surrounding yourself with friends who don't have sex is important. I remember reading an article somewhere about that.

And by that, I mean the friends you hang out with, go to lunch with, and even go to church with.
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

GodGamesGirls wrote:Hey, so I am 15, attend high school and lets face it, lust is in the air. Whenever you look at girl, your eyes just began to stare at ... well you know. Since I am trying to be a better Christian, anyone have some advice as to how I can prevent this kind of behavior, I mean its an just a reflex nowadays. I fear my own salvation.
I remember when I was your age.. It's like being stuck in 7th gear. It will start to tapper off when you reach your 30's. Best advice is to teach abstinence.. It's like planting seeds, if you sow weeds in your garden, a few seasons later they will start to grow and kill off the good plants.. A lot of it is actually desensitizing sex and creates loneliness that will make you unsocial in your latter years. In other words, don't do it, save your affections for your future wife... The reward will be much greater. Trust me...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

...and try Job's trick:

I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl.

or, as The Message puts it:*

I made a solemn pact with myself never to undress a girl with my eyes.

Whenever you feel your eyes shifting to that particular part of a girl's anatomy you find wonderful, LOOK AWAY !. The more you practice this technique, the more you'll get better at it. Trust me. It's like working a muscle.

FL

*Job 31:1
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +