how do i love god and live for god?(important please answer)

Discussions on ecclesiology such as the nature, constitution and functions of the church.
treeschanna510
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

how do i love god and live for god?(important please answer)

Post by treeschanna510 »

sometimes i feel like its hard to love god because i cant see him ive had my share of blessings but some people have had christ revealed to themm and find it easy to love him but....ive never expierienced any of what theyve had and i dont really know how to live for god or how to have an actual relationship with god come some one tell m e how =/
Zebulon
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: how do i love god and live for god?(important please answer)

Post by Zebulon »

treeschanna510 wrote:sometimes i feel like its hard to love god because i cant see him ive had my share of blessings but some people have had christ revealed to themm and find it easy to love him but....ive never expierienced any of what theyve had and i dont really know how to live for god or how to have an actual relationship with god come some one tell m e how =/
Treeschanna,

I don't know how old (or young) you are but in my case I turned as young as 54 years of age last september and I still sometimes find it hard to love God for the same reasons you are mentionning. Don't forget that Jesus on the cross said to our Father: Father why are you letting me down? or something like that... It is for sure because of his sufferiing in flesh. About Blessings and Christ revealed to me, I never experienced it as a physical matter, because I too live in flesh. But I do have a stronger connexion with my creator (spirituality), when I am alone, quiet, an available. Most of the time it is in the middle of the night or early in the morning, sometimes in dreams, and I have the impression that He is feeding me, somehow. At some point I am carefull because human imagination is strong and is supported by our own experiences, readings, movies, television and so on. I sometimes think that I am one of the 2 witnesses of revelation and sometimes so strong that I had been looking for the second one!!! But this is not all. I was born with 2 birth marks on my feet, fairly rouded and the size of nails that where used during crucifiction times. I even made some research and ended up finding that they are placed exactly where some people had been crucified at the time. So you see one has to be carefull with his imagination :ewink: You have a heart as big as the universe and guts all over the place. And I admire your courage. Hope this helped. By the way I don't mind reading you in a full sentence in one single phrase, blink to Zoegirl.

Zebulon
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Zebulon wrote: Don't forget that Jesus on the cross said to our Father: Father why are you letting me down? or something like that... It is for sure because of his sufferiing in flesh.

Zebulon
Zeb,

I just wanna point out that in crying out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?..." Jesus was actually rejoicing in Psalm 22, a beautiful Psalm which actually glorifies God and indeed ends in the glorification of the LORD. Far from questioning God, Jesus is rejoicing in the Psalm.

God bless
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
plwailer
Newbie Member
Sex: Female

Post by plwailer »

If you want to see God it's as simple as looking up, take a good look around you, the grandeur of His earthly creation, the sky, mountains, storms, rivers and the tiny world within a world that is found in the grass. I see God everywhere, He is always there and always busy with the affairs of our lives and the worlds. It has been my experience that if I want something from Him and it is in His will for me, I simply ask and He answers in magnificent ways, always. If you love your neighbor as yourself you will be loving God and to live for Him you simply ask Him how and He will show you, so pay attention. Ask and He will grant to you this desire of your heart. Have a marvel-filled day!