What kind of sins do you commit most often?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

What kind of sins do you commit most often?

Post by Ark~Magic »

Because of our nature, we are all 攣 more or less. 攣 is to be f***ed up in both the mind and the heart.

The question is though, what kind of sins bring you down most often?

Such as sexual things, or physical things (violence, stealing, etc.)

And would you be kind and daring enough to speak about them here?
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

:lol: why not? i drink everyday to purposefully get drunk. i curse. i am violent and i am sexually promiscuous. what is getting me down now is thoughts about it...i want to sc**w but i know i shouldn't. i want to go give my wife a piece of my mind but i know i shouldn't. the bad part is that i am getting to the point again where i don't really care if i "should" or not...i really don't care.

p.s. i steal. not directly anymore, but i have a "friend" who steals for me. he sells it to me cheap and of course, i buy it. this monitor i got this way. my psp--the games on my psp. my mp3 player and so much other stuff. just can't say no. sometimes i specify what i want and he goes and gets it for me. so then it's even more like it's me.

what are your sins ark~magic?

p.s.s. oh yeah, i hate. i hate with a passion. i hate so much i think i could kill. if i had the chance it wouldn't be a problem.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Personally, I have done bad things in my life as well. Every single person on earth has done at least one bad thing in their life. Jesus excluded :wink:.

For me, it would be:

1.) Shop-lifting (got away once, not the second time :o)
2.) Stealing a couple thousand dollars from my parents by secretly using their credit card on the internet to buy stuff.
3.) Sexual Immorality
4.) Lying
5.) Hatred
6.) Cursing

Stuff I did when I didn't know better, there are probably more things to add, but I can't think of them now. Being a Christian, my life has changed, I still have to hold back numbers 3, 5, and 6 in my head and not perform the action physically, it's tough sometimes. It sucks to have mental problems.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

It sucks to have mental problems.
Yes it does indeed, it's a good thing that we have a loving and understanding Father in heaven.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

everyone here be so scary. :roll:
New Creation
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

:lol: still nothing? everyone here is so quick to point the finger at others (gays, criminals, blacks, etc.), but too scared to admit their own imperfections. the self-righteousness is kind of appalling, sickening even.
New Creation
Ark~Magic
Established Member

re:

Post by Ark~Magic »

For me it's mostly lying (less lately, but online I used to love to lie alot!), sexually immoral things, like pr0n, Mattsturbing (when a guy named Matt does it), queerity, etc., stealing, like I have shoplifted before from a thrift shop but I've been planning to return the items. ;)

And of course, hatred. Although I've calmed down a bit, it wasn't too long ago that my heart served as an Auschwitz camp for people I despised. But I've come closer to God. :)
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

I guess for me it would be Sexual Immorality... Unable to love my Neighbour as much as I should
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

bizzt wrote:I guess for me it would be Sexual Immorality... Unable to love my Neighbour as much as I should
It's really hard to love ones neighbours when they are out their killing and causing so much pain and anguish.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Deborah wrote:
bizzt wrote:I guess for me it would be Sexual Immorality... Unable to love my Neighbour as much as I should
It's really hard to love ones neighbours when they are out their killing and causing so much pain and anguish.
Indeed!
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

I'll throw one in here that most people deal with, and when I finally repented, it revolutionized my life.

Not paying bills, overpurchasing on Credit, or defaulting on a loan or Credit Card.

Most people don't realize that this is a very serious sin against God. It involves coveteousness, lying (signing a promise to pay), and stealing.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

For years I harboured murderous hatred against my sister. I feared holding a knife when she'd get to me like she did. Pure hatred.

I've had, and continue to have against my will, adulterous thoughts- pegging other women's husbands as potentially my own, (though I believe this is an arm of my increasing desire to find the guy God has in mind for me, if He does.) And, again I'll be brave to say it, ( :( ,) I'm back under the influence of masturbating. Such an ugly word. It's harder to say as a female. The freedom I experienced after first confessing on here ended when I was attacked a while later in sleepy weakness, being tormented by desires and just wanting to make it all go away. I see again that they're direct attacks from the Enemy. He uses a lot of tact, and I fall for it. Don't have to faith to send him packing as of yet. :?

I have a very hard time loving others much of the time. I have a cold heart. People that know me think otherwise, but it's all too true, and that makes me feel like a hypocrite- them just thinking otherwise. True, heart-felt compassion comes with increasing difficulty. I was thoroughly surprised I reacted the way I did to the crisis in New Orleans. Normally I'd be intellectually concerned, but not feel anything.

Pride is probably my biggest and most frequent sin, though. It's been rampant in me all my life, even though I only recognized it for what it was a handful of years ago. I've always thought I was the greatest person sinse Jesus! :) Not so much anymore because God's been working hard on humbling me, but it's still all too prevalent and strong in me. I eat up compliments, feel like I need them to live, (part also of being a perfectionist who relies on the opinions of others for self-validation.) It was almost impossible for me to compliment others until just a few years ago. I couldn't do it. It wouldn't come out of me. I still have a very hard time. Even if I can think the compliments, the words oftimes refuse to come out. I craved compliments and could not give them. For most of my life I felt it was justified. Pride is a hideous monster in me.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Oh, and also, (prompted by Sting's song in the background,) exchanged "looks" with a young teacher in high school. Every time passing in the hall, and then a few other times. One time when I had taken my hair down, (it's always up,) I noticed he was watching me. It would have been innocent if the looks had been half as long as they were, or if he was just looking when he was watching me, but it wasn't that way, and we both knew what was going on. It makes me feel funny. Has anyone had anything similar happened to them with a teacher?
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

I have a very hard time loving others much of the time. I have a cold heart. People that know me think otherwise, but it's all too true, and that makes me feel like a hypocrite- them just thinking otherwise.
gee that sounds just like me :oops:
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

:) I kinda like to think most people are that way or worse! :? Mean of me, and it'd be a bad thing of course, but it'd make me feel better about myself! :o

No one's mentioned gluttony. I'll be the first: I'm a glutton. I eat just for fun, or out of boredom, "Something for some interest." I eat after I'm full just for more taste. I'll eat even when I'm not hungry or don't care for the taste. I guess that'd constitue boredom. Is there any help from me except to have someone constantly hovering over me, physically stopping me from eating out of boredom? I lack a great deal of self-control and self-discipline because it was never instilled in me, but even discouraged, (blame my parents! :) ) I've been downing this Puppy Chow by me while on this site tonight just for some more interest. The apples were too boring, but the Puppy Chow got boring pretty fast too. :? Help!