Surviving spiritual mis-match in marriage

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Surviving spiritual mis-match in marriage

Post by Judah »

Since coming across this forum I have seen other Christians referring to books by Lee Strobel and giving them good press. I had not read any of his books myself but on the basis of that recommendation I went looking for them.

Did you know that Lee, together with his wife Leslie, has written a book called "Surving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage"?

The title immediately took my attention as that is my own current situation. The book has just blown me away. Lee and Leslie have described my own experience in a way I had never expected anyone else to possibly know about.

This is an incredibly difficult and very painful situation for any Christian to be in, and I found this book full of insight and encouragement. It offered comfort, realistic hope, practical and sensible suggestions, understanding and an antidote for the isolation, guilt, frustration, resentment, grief, and despair that weighs heavily on Christians suffering in this situation.

I had no idea that there were books on this subject, and that they could offer some worthwhile encouragement. I have since found that there are other books on the same topic besides this one that the Strobels have written, but I would like to recommend this one in particular to anyone who finds his/herself in such a situation or has a friend coping with this difficulty.

I hope you will all be sensitive to Christians coping with this kind of thing. It is easy to judge them without understanding what is happening, and often feeling very unloved, unlovable and exploited, they do need your support and caring more than you know.