NBA fans??

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

NBA fans??

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

This year's playoffs brings out alot of talent and surprises,

With the Mavs sweeping out the Lakers 4-0
With the Heat dominating the Celtics 3-1

Any NBA fans out there? :ebiggrin:
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: NBA fans??

Post by Reactionary »

FearlessLlearsy wrote:This year's playoffs brings out alot of talent and surprises,

I follow the results through the news, though I rarely watch the matches themselves as they are played while it's night over here. I watched the Heat beating the Celtics and I was impressed. However, I'm a football (soccer) fan, above all.

Do you (or anyone else) watch the English Premier League? It's definitely the most dynamic football league in the world. Manchester United won it this year, while Man.City, Liverpool and Tottenham are fighting for the key positions. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in sports.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

Yes, Yes, i do watch le football as well! Good stuff,

Isnt the Premier League final being played between Man U. and Barcelona
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

FearlessLlearsy wrote:Yes, Yes, i do watch le football as well! Good stuff,

Isnt the Premier League final being played between Man U. and Barcelona
That's the final of the Champions League, played by the clubs from all over Europe. National leagues such as the English Premiership, don't have finals because they are played as championships - everyone plays everyone and gathers points - the club with most points wins. Man U. has already earned enough points to become champions of England, now they will play Barcelona for the European trophy.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FearlessLlearsy wrote:This year's playoffs brings out alot of talent and surprises,

I used to be a huge NBA fan. The game hasn't held my interest as much as it used to. Nevertheless, I'm still a Celtics fan. Have been since the early 1980's. This year's Miami Heat team looks like they're finally starting to play well together. They look like the team to beat IMO.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by narnia4 »

Orlando Magic fan here, big NBA fan in general. I could talk almost anybody's ear off about basketball, I get into all the advanced stats and all that as well.

Very good playoffs so far this year (as a Magic fan obviously not happy about Orlando's performance or the Dwight Howard situation), lots of surprises. Never thought LA would get knocked off like that, although I feel a little proud of myself for predicting that the Celtics wouldn't make it after trading away their interior defense and toughness in Kendrick Perkins.

Not a big fan of Lebron, feel a little bad about it but the Heat are probably the favorites now.
Young, Restless, Reformed
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

good stuff. There have been alot of surprises this year- Something to appreciate