Solomon

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Solomon

Post by CeT-To »

Any body think Solomon had a bit of a lust problem..i was reading The book of Kings i was like :shock: how does one have that many wives and concubines...

Later on he starts worshiping other god...i know it was cause he was swayed by his wives but y:-? how do you go from seeing Pre-Christ twice to worshipping other gods? You guys think he is in heaven? because later on The man of God gets killed for not following a simple request...is he in hell? y:-/
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Re: Solomon

Post by sinnerbybirth »

CeT-To wrote:Any body think Solomon had a bit of a lust problem..i was reading The book of Kings i was like :shock: how does one have that many wives and concubines...
Can you imagine the guys honey-do list. y:O2 I've always wondered, how many children did he father.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Solomon's life is a good example on many levels.
In good ways and in bad. The man wrote proverbs, and then look at what happened. Be careful of pride. Anyone who thinks they are beyond falling, is prideful and most likely will.
Continuing in the faith is never losing sight of who you are in Christ, yet never forgetting utterly disgusting rags of your life, and the depths of the pit from which you were rescued.

Whether he is in heaven is not due to the good or bad that he did. No one, and I repeat no one can get into heaven by balancing the scales.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
One of Many
Acquainted Member

Post by One of Many »

I would say, look at his father David. Here was a man who lusted after a married women, committed adultery, sent her husband into battle, and ordered that he be put on the front lines to be killed. Yet he was " a man after Gods own heart ".
I think God has sufficient grace to cover a multitude of sins, if we have the proper heart attitude of humbling ourselves, admitting that we were wrong, and asking forgiveness, and turn away from that behavior (repent).
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. Col 2:8
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

Anyone think that man had a bit of a wealth problem and a fame problem too? All of this just because he preyed for a bit of wisdom? :ebiggrin: Seems that wisdom=/=moral living
One of Many wrote:I would say, look at his father David. Here was a man who lusted after a married women, committed adultery, sent her husband into battle, and ordered that he be put on the front lines to be killed. Yet he was " a man after Gods own heart "...
Don't you think he missed the mark a bit then? Or is David who we should emulate? :wave:
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Kristoffer wrote:Anyone think that man had a bit of a wealth problem and a fame problem too? All of this just because he preyed for a bit of wisdom? :ebiggrin: Seems that wisdom=/=moral living
One of Many wrote:I would say, look at his father David. Here was a man who lusted after a married women, committed adultery, sent her husband into battle, and ordered that he be put on the front lines to be killed. Yet he was " a man after Gods own heart "...
Don't you think he missed the mark a bit then? Or is David who we should emulate? :wave:
In the bible Wisdom pretty much is moral living and having an acute eye for distinguishing right from wrong :P good on you for catching on Kristoffer :D
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

One of Many
Acquainted Member

Post by One of Many »

Kristoffer wrote:
My point was God's grace.
think God has sufficient grace to cover a multitude of sins, if we have the proper heart attitude of humbling ourselves, admitting that we were wrong, and asking forgiveness, and turn away from that behavior (repent).
The aspect of David that we need to emulate is: his penitence! David may have got some things wrong (as we all do) but he was willing to humble himself before God, and turn away from his sin.

As far as where they will spend eternity...Only God knows the answer to that.
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. Col 2:8
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

CeT-To wrote:
In the bible Wisdom pretty much is moral living and having an acute eye for distinguishing right from wrong :P good on you for catching on Kristoffer :D
You do realise that (=/=) is "not equal too"
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Kristoffer wrote:
CeT-To wrote:
My bad, but how does it not?

Different_Name
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Different_Name »

CeT-To wrote:
Kristoffer wrote:
CeT-To wrote:
My bad, but how does it not?
Solomon asked God for wisdom. God gave Solomon wisdom. Then Solomon lived the rest of his life.