Sexually and mentally sick...

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

Sexually and mentally sick...

Post by SUGAAAAA »

I'm using extreme examples here...

Is it possible for a mentally-sexually sick man to enter God's Kingdom?

Pretend a guy, for whatever reasons, is aroused by having sex with animals, or is aroused by sexual torture, or what have you... He has commited such acts throughout his life, but one day he repented, accepted Jesus into his life, and has asked God for forgiveness of his sins. I was reading this list of things that God wont allow in his Kingdom:
sexual immorality
idolatry
adultery
prostitution
homosexual offenses
theft
greed
drunkenness
slander
swindling
impurity
witchcraft
hatred
discord
jealousy
fits of rage
selfish ambition
dissensions
factions and envy
orgies
abomination
lying
cowardice
unbelief
murderer
sorcery

obviously, the acts I describe fall under 'sexual immorality'. The man doesn't commit the acts anymore, however, he is still aroused by the thoughts of the acts (even though he doesnt want to be). I dont remember where, but there was a verse in The Bible that said; not only can't you commit such acts, but you can't desire to commit them either.

God knows whats in your heart, so aren't the man's "desires" by those acts, sort of, in his heart?? does that mean God won't allow the man into Heaven, since he is still, unintentionally, aroused by such acts? and won't that mean he will always be condemned to hell, no matter what he does??

stuff like that is what I'm wondering...

any thoughts?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

The wording makes it look like those who ARE committing the sins listed won't enter heaven...which is what you'd expect of a person who does not repent and turn to Christ.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

well, sorry, I guess.

but what about this sadomasochistic man??!!
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

SUGAAAAA wrote:well, sorry, I guess.

but what about this sadomasochistic man??!!
Too many terms in one word...

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

So you're saying the man is eternally damned and should lose all hope??
Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Fortigurn »

There's a difference between temptation and sin. Temptation is not sin. You might feel the impulse, the urge, but if you war against it then clearly you are resisting.

Yes, if you indulge the thought - even in your mind, rather than repudiating it, it's a sin. But the impulse itself is not a sin.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

SUGAAAAA wrote:So you're saying the man is eternally damned and should lose all hope??
No, I'm saying I don't know what that word means

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

This kind of thinking would have heaven empty.

Jesus said if we confess our sins God is faithfula nd just to forgive them. IF the person you talk about repented and confessed to God, than God put them as far away as the east is from the west, they have been buried in the deepest ocean, and God will remember them no more.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

ahhh, thank you very much... now this sexually tormented man can live in peace...
SillyPutty
Acquainted Member

Post by SillyPutty »

I often struggle with this "commiting murder" in the heart thing too. And the lusting after another being the same as adultery. But I really like Fortigurns response

"There's a difference between temptation and sin. Temptation is not sin. You might feel the impulse, the urge, but if you war against it then clearly you are resisting.

Yes, if you indulge the thought - even in your mind, rather than repudiating it, it's a sin. But the impulse itself is not a sin."

Just think, before you were saved there was no arguement in the mind as to wether these things are wrong or not. The very fact that you are questioning and taking responsibility for your thought life pleases God, He tells us to take every thought captive into obedience-He doesn't say don't have these thoughts.Renewing the mind is a process ,sometimes a very long process but it can be done with His help!
Metacrock
Familiar Member

Post by Metacrock »

SillyPutty wrote:I often struggle with this "commiting murder" in the heart thing too. And the lusting after another being the same as adultery. But I really like Fortigurns response

"There's a difference between temptation and sin. Temptation is not sin. You might feel the impulse, the urge, but if you war against it then clearly you are resisting.

Yes, if you indulge the thought - even in your mind, rather than repudiating it, it's a sin. But the impulse itself is not a sin."

Just think, before you were saved there was no arguement in the mind as to wether these things are wrong or not. The very fact that you are questioning and taking responsibility for your thought life pleases God, He tells us to take every thought captive into obedience-He doesn't say don't have these thoughts.Renewing the mind is a process ,sometimes a very long process but it can be done with His help!

In the example the guy repented and turned to Christ. So he is a new creation in Christ and no longer guilty. If he doesnt' do it again God wont hold it against him. God also gives us the power to change our lives.
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:No, I'm saying I don't know what that word means
A sadomasochist gets off on either torturing another man or being tortured. Or both.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

1 Corinthians 6

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

Metacrock wrote:In the example the guy repented and turned to Christ. So he is a new creation in Christ and no longer guilty. If he doesnt' do it again God wont hold it against him. God also gives us the power to change our lives.
Even repenters are weak. There is still a chance he will do it again.

Then again, God's forgiveness for a truly sorrowful sinner is unlimited, so...
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Let no one think himself holier than anyone else, for the only way to be made holy is to put on Christ's righteousness, and once put on it is on completely. There are no varying degrees of holiness in God's view of man.

And let no one think that they are above another because the other is tempted by what you are not. If each of us could know what was hidden in our hearts but just not brought into the light of even our awareness, we would all be utterly mortified.

And let anyone who feels shame by a "strange" temptation or indulgence of temptation know that they are not alone- many things lie hidden in man's heart but are never acknowledged.

And let everyone be aware, (why am I talking in this manner?) that demons put thoughts into people's heads, and the person who is the victim of them is not responsible in any way for their existence. And let all Christians remember that they have been given complete victory- even a two thousand year old victory- over all demons great and small. And also over our fallen nature, which is a part of the sinful world Christ won His victory over. With faith we may put on our victory and experience the freedom that has been ours for two thousand years. Once in Christ, we are separated from all that is out of Him, if we only have the faith to count it true despite our doubts. The seed is all you need if you refuse to drop it.