Sex in heaven?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Sex in heaven?

Post by Nessa »

Thought this article was quite thought provoking....
http://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/sex-in-heaven

Think the reference to what CS Lewis has previously said hits the nail on the head.

I hadn't thought about whether or not we would still have sexual organs tho.

What do you guys think?
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Sex in heaven?

Post by IceMobster »

Well, considering you are resurrected fully, so not just either your soul(as most I encountered think) or your body, you would have all the organs.

I don't think there would be a need for having sex. I mean, taking into account the original sin, possible children born in heaven wouldn't be able to be there so, yeah...
Unless it's a sex only out of pleasure, but I don't really see angels as condom sellers. Doesn't really fit the picture, huh? :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Sex in heaven?

Post by crochet1949 »

Well -- the purpose of sex is for pleasure between husband and wife and to create children between the husband and wife. Isn't there a parable or something in the New Testament -- the woman's husband died leaving her with no children - so one by one each of her husband's brothers marry her in order to have a son and then they all die and are in heaven. Jesus is asked -- in heaven - who is the woman married to? Didn't Jesus tell them that in heaven there are no husbands/ wives -- no marriage as there is here on earth?
I haven't read the article by Lewis yet.