What do you say to this?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
TimM1104
Recognized Member
Christian: No

What do you say to this?

Post by TimM1104 »

It is 11:57 at night, and i was about to goto bed, and i imed my one friend to joke around bout i wanted to goto bed 2 hours ago.. Well she told me she needed to talk, and asked if i minded, so of course i always stay up for religious or important talks.. well.. it ended up she was in a Jet Ski accident, and 1 of her friends died, 1 is in the Hospital, and 1 is in ICU... all from that Accident... WHAT DO I SAY? What do people say in situations like this? i have been in this kind of situation before, i jus tnever know what to say!
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

sometimes it is more important to listen than to say anthing.
Just make sure she knows your listening.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
XenonII
Established Member

Re: What do you say to this?

Post by XenonII »

TimM1104 wrote:It is 11:57 at night, and i was about to goto bed, and i imed my one friend to joke around bout i wanted to goto bed 2 hours ago.. Well she told me she needed to talk, and asked if i minded, so of course i always stay up for religious or important talks.. well.. it ended up she was in a Jet Ski accident, and 1 of her friends died, 1 is in the Hospital, and 1 is in ICU... all from that Accident... WHAT DO I SAY? What do people say in situations like this? i have been in this kind of situation before, i jus tnever know what to say!
Hmmm...How about this one (I heard this a lot when I was growing up), God works in mysterious ways. :lol:
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

God works in mysterious ways, but usually not with the cost of someone elses life.. :-\, keep your prayers on the girl in the hospital, her family, and all of the girl who died's family and friends to have strength and find comfort in him, please...
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Deborah wrote:sometimes it is more important to listen than to say anthing.
Where do you get such wisdom?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
She is a Woman :wink:
TimM1104
Recognized Member

Post by TimM1104 »

Ya, i ended up listening to her, tell her i was going to be praying for everyone involved, and otld her to call me if she ever needs someone tot alk to or anyone to talk to or whatnot...
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
I agree this is the best thing to do.

When people talk about their problems and issues, it is often best just to remain silent and listen. Such people usually aren't looking for someone to give them advice in such situations, they just need to know they have someone to share with them and understand. If we did begin to talk in such situations, usually anything we say would sound as though we don't really understand or that we're trivialising the issue.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)