Rick and evolution thread

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Rick and evolution thread

Post by neo-x »

Mods, why is this being allowed? This thread Evolution - Resource thread is locked right now because it happens to be on evolution resources and only a few those come from sites which are opposed to creationism but those sites also happen to have the data. Some may ridicule creationism on their sites, I know that, but none of the matter posted here are insults, most are direct articles from science journals. Rick has taken a strong dislike to the idea from the beginning but regardless of his motives, I ask for the thread to be reopened as it is not in any contradiction to any of the board rules here.
Neo, it's starting to look more like you have an agenda here, other than just trying to help people understand evolution better. I will not allow you as a very well respected member of this board, to take advantage and use that to promote an anti-creationist agenda. Don't test my patience and leniency please.
This is paranoia. Would you be kind enough to show me what type of agenda and conspiracy do I have here? and may be tell me what type of agenda are you promoting?

In other words you will use your power to your advantage to stop my posts, but wouldn't let me post as a "well respected member" if I don't agree with your assessments? This is unacceptable.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Rick and evolution thread

Post by RickD »

Neo wrote:
This is paranoia. Would you be kind enough to show me what type of agenda and conspiracy do I have here? and may be tell me what type of agenda are you promoting?
Neo, I never mentioned any conspiracy. And I said it's STARTING to look more like you have an agenda here.

When you post things like "evolution is a fact", and "look at evidence instead of your favorite pastor", then it's starting to look like you feel your duty is to educate us ignorant creationist folk. It's one thing to present evolution, whatever version of it you want, as your belief or opinion. It's another to claim all you believe about evolution is a fact, and that those that disagree with you don't look at evidence, instead we listen to our favorite pastor. I know it's difficult for you to comprehend, but there are people who understand evolution, and still disagree with some of what you're saying.
Neo wrote:
In other words you will use your power to your advantage to stop my posts, but wouldn't let me post as a "well respected member" if I don't agree with your assessments? This is unacceptable.
If you're going to quote me, please quote me correctly. I said you are a VERY well respected member. And I mean it. That's why I can't understand why you're going all "Ken Ham dogmatic" on us.

And no, I'm not trying to stop your posts. I'm just making sure they are posts explaining what evolution is.

And FYI, my only agenda as a moderator, is to do what I believe is in the best interest of the board.

So, I'll look at your links later, and if there's nothing there, other than the couple of things I've already seen that aren't presenting evolutionary ideas without other crap added in, then I'll unlock the thread.

Please just present your beliefs as beliefs, and let others decide if they agree. Saying, "evolution is a fact", and assuming that those who disagree with you don't look at the evidence, is not acceptable.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Just because I am not a mod, doesn't mean I don't care about the board or its interests.

I don't know why you keep comparing ken ham to me. That guy is deranged, rick.

Further if you hold creation to be true cant I have my pick? I don't see why you have a problem with what I perceive to be true. If evolution as you say, didn't happen then you have nothing to worry about. If evolution is not a fact, how is that hurting you rick? Why would you have any problems with what I think? That is the part I can't understand.

There is nothing in that thread which is against the board's interest, it is against creationism but I don't think there is any official policy on that, i mean to ban discourse which tries to prove otherwise.

If i have offended you personally then by all means you have my sincere apologies and I mean that; but I don't make any apology for the content I posted.

As for the agenda thing, i have no idea what that means or why you use that word.

For a board that has the word science in it, it is awfully restrictive at the moment to actually quote science.

As for the 'crap' you have looked at some of the links, i can't control how people say things outside of myself. The articles i listed don't aim to bash for the sake of it, all the articles give points and studies and research.

On that note some of you guys bash evolution, should that be held against you then?

Its a Christian board, not a creation only board, if Christians like me who reject creationism, can't speak their mind then its a problem.

Rick, this goes without saying that I have always respected you. And this day's events have left me feeling very awkward. How shall we salvage the situation?

You know what? I had a change of heart, go ahead and delete all the posts you found insulting... There, you have it. I say this because I have just realized that as much as I am in the evolution side of things and want people to know more about it especially Christians like me, I would not want to offend you or leave our benign acquaintance with a sour taste. I don't want to be like that. You have been a dear brother, You have always been nice to me, so there, I wouldn't even mind if you delete the thread now, should you so require. That is as much honest as I can be. And with that peace to you. Consider this complain of mine closed, I withdraw it. No explanation needed further, do as you see fit, I will trust your judgment, Rick. y>:D<
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

May I join in y>:D< ?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Neo wrote:
Just because I am not a mod, doesn't mean I don't care about the board or its interests
I never said you didn't.
I don't know why you keep comparing ken ham to me. That guy is deranged, rick.
There's nothing wrong with being a little deranged, Neo. :twisted:
I told you why I compared you to Ken Ham. Ken Ham says OECs take science over scripture. You said creationists take our favorite pastor's words over evidence. Ken Ham asserts YEC is true, dogmatically. You asserted evolution is true, dogmatically.
Further if you hold creation to be true cant I have my pick?
Absolutely.
I don't see why you have a problem with what I perceive to be true.
I don't, if you put it that way. Key word is perceive.
If evolution as you say, didn't happen then you have nothing to worry about. If evolution is not a fact, how is that hurting you rick?
Whether or not some, or all of evolution as you understand evolution happened, it doesn't affect my faith one bit. Unless of course you are agreeing with evolutionists that say life formed without God. If that were true, then it would affect my faith greatly.
Why would you have any problems with what I think? That is the part I can't understand.
Other than just disagreement with some of what you think, I have no problem with what you think. The problem is with the way you are saying it, Neo.
There is nothing in that thread which is against the board's interest, it is against creationism but I don't think there is any official policy on that, i mean to ban discourse which tries to prove otherwise.
Telling me "If anything view evidence not your favorite pastor." is not against this boards purpose?
If i have offended you personally then by all means you have my sincere apologies and I mean that; but I don't make any apology for the content I posted.
Neo, you have not offended me personally. Well, I guess saying I don't look at evidence, could be taken as a personal insult, so apology accepted. y>:D<
As for the agenda thing, i have no idea what that means or why you use that word.
I explained to you why I said that here:
And I said it's STARTING to look more like you have an agenda here.

When you post things like "evolution is a fact", and "look at evidence instead of your favorite pastor", then it's starting to look like you feel your duty is to educate us ignorant creationist folk. It's one thing to present evolution, whatever version of it you want, as your belief or opinion. It's another to claim all you believe about evolution is a fact, and that those that disagree with you don't look at evidence, instead we listen to our favorite pastor. I know it's difficult for you to comprehend, but there are people who understand evolution, and still disagree with some of what you're saying.
For a board that has the word science in it, it is awfully restrictive at the moment to actually quote science.
You're coming across as saying creationists views of science aren't really science.
As for the 'crap' you have looked at some of the links, i can't control how people say things outside of myself. The articles i listed don't aim to bash for the sake of it, all the articles give points and studies and research.
But you can be more discerning with what you post in a strictly educational/reference thread. If it were a thread which encouraged discussion in the thread, then it may be different.
On that note some of you guys bash evolution, should that be held against you then?
If I started a thread which I wanted to just explain what creationism is, for others to understand, and the links I posted bashed evolutionists, then yes, It would be fair to hold that against me.
Its a Christian board, not a creation only board, if Christians like me who reject creationism, can't speak their mind then its a problem.
I agree. If after my answers to your statements here, you still think I'm trying to stop you from speaking your mind, then either you aren't listening to me, or I'm doing a terrible job of communicating. I'm not trying to stop you from posting your beliefs.
Rick, this goes without saying that I have always respected you. And this day's events have left me feeling very awkward. How shall we salvage the situation?
Hopefully this reply is helping.
You know what? I had a change of heart, go ahead and delete all the posts you found insulting... There, you have it. I say this because I have just realized that as much as I am in the evolution side of things and want people to know more about it especially Christians like me, I would not want to offend you or leave our benign acquaintance with a sour taste. I don't want to be like that. You have been a dear brother, You have always been nice to me, so there, I wouldn't even mind if you delete the thread now, should you so require. That is as much honest as I can be. And with that peace to you. Consider this complain of mine closed, I withdraw it. No explanation needed further, do as you see fit, I will trust your judgment, Rick. y>:D<
Thank you for the kind words Neo. They mean a lot. If I find anything in your links that I have a problem with, I'll simply point it out. Unless it's something extremely offensive, there's no reason for me to delete the link.

And I apologize if I gave you the impression that I want to stop you from posting your beliefs. As long as I've been a moderator here, I've been very lenient on what I allow to be posted. I really do not like to take away anyone's freedom to post his opinion.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:May I join in y>:D< ?
No, go back in the kitchen! This is no place for women! :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

Of course you may join our soiree. :D

We'll make an exception to the "No Women and Children Rule" for you Hana. :wave:

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Women and children rule? What?

I go to kitchen and cook you something :stirthepot:

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
FlawedIntellect
Established Member

Post by FlawedIntellect »

1over137 wrote:Women and children rule? What?

Uh-oh. Rick, you're in serious trouble now. You're in some serious hot water. :lol:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FlawedIntellect wrote:
1over137 wrote:Women and children rule? What?

Uh-oh. Rick, you're in serious trouble now. You're in some serious hot water. :lol:
:lol:

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I am cooking him something. Not cooking him :pound: So he is not in hot water in the pot :pound:

#foreverinmyheart
FlawedIntellect
Established Member

Post by FlawedIntellect »

1over137 wrote:I am cooking him something. Not cooking him :pound: So he is not in hot water in the pot :pound:
I know you're not cooking him. :) 'Twas making a joke.

Though, my joke could also be interpreted to mean that what you were cooking for him was something he would rather not want to have in his system. :lol:
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

surely am joking too :)

#foreverinmyheart