I need help. (female problems.)

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Dallas
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I need help. (female problems.)

Post by Dallas »

Canuckster1127 wrote:I wrote this poem about 10 years ago. I offered to dedicate it to my wife as an expression of my love for her, but she wouldn't let me.

The Joy of Farting

We act as if it’s truly rare
To just lean back, and expel air

And then we ostracize the schmuck
Who dares to step upon a duck

We roll our eyes in shocked dismay
Whenever someone’s butt may bray

When truth be told, we all may pass
A little surreptitious gas

For debutant or an old geezer
Have all ripped a royal cheeser

We drop the rose and scurry on
And snicker when the frown is drawn

Yet who among us can declare
They’ve never passed some rancid air?

That house of glass still surely stands
For one whose derriere is bland

So put aside this false bravado
And stock yourself on avocado!

Eat broccoli and cauliflower
Beans and cabbage by the hour!

Drink your beer and carbonation
Vent your bowels throughout the nation!

Don’t hold it in and bear the pain!
Let methane fly and damn the shame!

Shout it strong and shout it loud!
I can FART and I am PROUD!

But if you feel there’s too much gas
Remember that this too will “pass”
I don't see why she wouldn't allow you to dedicate that song to her. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

Any news, lover boy? y:-"
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Reactionary wrote:Any news, lover boy? y:-"
Uhm.... I'm getting mad at this whole situation. So much going on with family life, then this just makes it worse :(. Nonetheless, I think she knows I like her, so she keeps avoiding me. Oh well...

Ugh.... :(

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

Dallas wrote:Don't know if this fits here, but oh well :P
I've had a crush on a female for some time now. It's a different type of crush. It's more of a emotional/mental attraction, compared to the physical/sexual attraction. I've talked to my Youth pastor and a Friend of hers about it, and they told me just to talk to her. I'm afraid to though :( . She just got out of a horrible breakup, which made me mad on how her ex handled it. Nonetheless, I just need some tips to be more or less appropriate for the situation. And before you ask why i'm attracted to her, i'm going to tell you. "It's something I just can't explain. It is just something about her that i find so appealing." I think a reason why i'm feeling this way is because it might be an answered prayer, and that she kinda meets the requirements I see in a female. Follower of Christ, intelligent,etc... :P . Lord Willing it fits in Gods will.

Tips/Help?
Im not seeing any problem quite frankly. What is wrong with connecting with Someone whom you get along good with and that theres a connection with ? I havent read this entire thread and its too long to do so. But if THIS is your dilemna as youve described it, id be looking upon it as a blessing rather than negative.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
jestes
Familiar Member

Post by jestes »

Dallas wrote:
Reactionary wrote:Any news, lover boy? y:-"
Uhm.... I'm getting mad at this whole situation. So much going on with family life, then this just makes it worse :(. Nonetheless, I think she knows I like her, so she keeps avoiding me. Oh well...

Ugh.... :(
Dallas,

I think you would probably feel a whole lot better if you took a step back and quit "trying". It's tough to see someone you like all the time and not have those feelings get stronger and stronger. Before long, you begin to fall in love with the idea of that person, rather than with the actual person. To help fix that, try getting your mind off of it. I'd try talking to some other girls, even if you just want to make friends. The absolute best romances happen when both people feel the exact same way, and there is someone out there who will feel that way. Maybe it's this girl, maybe it's someone else, but that doesn't matter! God knows a thing or two about good relationships, and I'm sure he has something pretty special in mind for you. Who better to be your matchmaker than the one who invented the thing? Just remember, if God wants the two of you together, it WILL happen. If it doesn't happen, then all this means is that your life wouldn't be as good with her as you think it might be.
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

After a long time or prayer and help. I have came to the conclusion that this wasn't God's will. So thank you everyone for all your help. I can take things from this and learn.

Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

What if God's will is to give you freedom to navigate these waters and there's no perfect norm that you have to hit that is God's perfect will in this?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

She said to someone she didn't like me, and that I was annoying her. Yet, she never opened up, so i'm done with it. She is no different from anyone else. Judge first, learn later. It makes me mad. Nonetheless!, i thank God for this experience, and ill continue life.

Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Dallas wrote:She said to someone she didn't like me, and that I was annoying her. Yet, she never opened up, so i'm done with it.
If I were you, I would approach her and ask about whether that was true. If yes, I would say, "If you're finding me annoying, then I think it would have been honest from you to admit that, and politely tell me that you're not comfortable with me."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dallas wrote:She is no different from anyone else.
That's what I warned you about on 23 February:
Reactionary wrote:You start idolizing her, that's why you fear that you may not be good enough for her. Ignore that. Keep in mind that she's a human being like anyone else, and that you have qualities to impress.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dallas wrote:Judge first, learn later. It makes me mad. Nonetheless!, i thank God for this experience, and ill continue life.
Reactionary wrote:Finally, it's unlikely that you'll meet the woman of your life at the age of 17. Even if you start a relationship, you may break up in the future as problems arise. If things start as rosy, they won't necessarily continue in that manner. So my advice is - give it a try, if it works out - perfect, if it doesn't - you've learned a lesson in your life, and next time it will be easier.
And again, on 24 February:
Reactionary wrote:Maybe you'll stop liking her when you find out more about her, or if some other problems arise. I'm just telling you not to idealize at this point.
So next time, you'll be smarter, and hopefully more confident and assertive. Jestes gave you some good advice:
jestes wrote:A: Be a leader
B: Be honest
C: Be levelheaded
D: Be confident
Good luck, Western colleague. 8)
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Reactionary wrote:
Dallas wrote:She said to someone she didn't like me, and that I was annoying her. Yet, she never opened up, so i'm done with it.
If I were you, I would approach her and ask about whether that was true. If yes, I would say, "If you're finding me annoying, then I think it would have been honest from you to admit that, and politely tell me that you're not comfortable with me."
Dallas wrote:She is no different from anyone else.
Reactionary wrote:You start idolizing her, that's why you fear that you may not be good enough for her. Ignore that. Keep in mind that she's a human being like anyone else, and that you have qualities to impress.
Dallas wrote:Judge first, learn later. It makes me mad. Nonetheless!, i thank God for this experience, and ill continue life.
Reactionary wrote:Finally, it's unlikely that you'll meet the woman of your life at the age of 17. Even if you start a relationship, you may break up in the future as problems arise. If things start as rosy, they won't necessarily continue in that manner. So my advice is - give it a try, if it works out - perfect, if it doesn't - you've learned a lesson in your life, and next time it will be easier.
And again, on 24 February:
Reactionary wrote:Maybe you'll stop liking her when you find out more about her, or if some other problems arise. I'm just telling you not to idealize at this point.
So next time, you'll be smarter, and hopefully more confident and assertive. Jestes gave you some good advice:
jestes wrote:A: Be a leader
B: Be honest
C: Be levelheaded
D: Be confident
Good luck, Western colleague. 8)
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH :P

StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Psh, Dallas. Back off! Reactionary is mine! No no just kidding. But seriously. Mine. y:p2

On a serious note, I'm sorry it didn't go as planned, but there's probably someone else out there for you who will appreciate your thoughtfulness and care. Allow yourself to feel disappointed and just move on from it, but take great care over potentially building feelings of resentment and anger. Even the littlest rejections in life can overwhelm us if we don't release them :) Best of luck!
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:Psh, Dallas. Back off! Reactionary is mine! No no just kidding. But seriously. Mine. y:p2
:cloud9:
StMonicaGuideMe wrote:On a serious note, I'm sorry it didn't go as planned, but there's probably someone else out there for you who will appreciate your thoughtfulness and care. Allow yourself to feel disappointed and just move on from it, but take great care over potentially building feelings of resentment and anger. Even the littlest rejections in life can overwhelm us if we don't release them :) Best of luck!
I believe in him, you know. He has potential. He just needs to build on his self-confidence and assertiveness. But he's still 17, there's a lot of character building yet ahead of him.

--Reactionary
jestes
Familiar Member

Post by jestes »

Dallas,

Let's be honest, having a crush that isn't reciprocated sucks... I think I wrote about it earlier, but I've been there. Most people have, whether they admit it or not. I used to wonder why God would let me feel that kind of pain. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Then something clicked: God was giving me an idea of what it's like for him when an unbeliever rejects him time and time again. If you and I can feel like this, imagine what it's like for him...

Just take this experience and use it to make yourself stronger. Feeling rejection can allow you to appreciate relationships far more deeply than you otherwise could. Just wait until you have this kind of crush all over again, and the girl feels the exact same way as you do. It's hard to beat that feeling. God knows who she is. Just be patient. He'll let you in on his plans soon enough. :D
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Reactionary wrote: I believe in him, you know. He has potential. He just needs to build on his self-confidence and assertiveness. But he's still 17, there's a lot of character building yet ahead of him.
Oh thank you :). I'm flattered.

Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

jestes wrote:Dallas,

Let's be honest, having a crush that isn't reciprocated sucks... I think I wrote about it earlier, but I've been there. Most people have, whether they admit it or not. I used to wonder why God would let me feel that kind of pain. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Then something clicked: God was giving me an idea of what it's like for him when an unbeliever rejects him time and time again. If you and I can feel like this, imagine what it's like for him...

Just take this experience and use it to make yourself stronger. Feeling rejection can allow you to appreciate relationships far more deeply than you otherwise could. Just wait until you have this kind of crush all over again, and the girl feels the exact same way as you do. It's hard to beat that feeling. God knows who she is. Just be patient. He'll let you in on his plans soon enough. :D
I take every relationship seriously. The problem is, I haven't been in a relationship :(. Unlike most people, I don't date to date. I date to marry, which I believe is a big problem nowadays with our generation.