Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Amalric
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Amalric »

Thank you RickD and DannyM for the welcome.
Romans 1:3-4 "concerning His Son, who was became of the seed of David according to the flesh, who was appointed the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by the resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,"
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

inlovewiththe44 wrote:Hey everyone :)

I'm Rachel. Currently a college student. I've been lurking on godandscience.org and the discussion boards for about 2 months now. It started when I began to have doubts with my faith. Reading through everything has definitely helped me in my walk with Christ, so I have a good portion of you to thank for that :) Hopefully I'll be able to add to the discussion every now and then.

Nice to 'meet' everyone haha.
Welcome, Rachel. The articles, and the people here, have helped strengthen my faith, as well. Be sure to check out the home site. There's a ton of great articles there. :)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by inlovewiththe44 »

RickD wrote:

I'm Rachel. Currently a college student. I've been lurking on godandscience.org and the discussion boards for about 2 months now. It started when I began to have doubts with my faith. Reading through everything has definitely helped me in my walk with Christ, so I have a good portion of you to thank for that :) Hopefully I'll be able to add to the discussion every now and then.

Welcome, Rachel. The articles, and the people here, have helped strengthen my faith, as well. Be sure to check out the home site. There's a ton of great articles there. :)
I've been doing a lot of that as well. Thanks for the welcome!
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Hi Rachel!

Welcome to the jungle :wave:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Welcome Rachel :ebiggrin:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

Hello everybody i have been looking into this site for about a week or so and have really enjoyed reading the topics and decided to join the forums to chat with other believers. I have been a believer for quite some time but i never truly made the step to have an intimate relationship with God. that changed a little over a year ago when certain things transpired in my life. i basically had enough half stepping with God and through my wife whom God blessed me with i have been drawing closer to God and he's really been helping me increase my knowledge in his word; in fact, i read often and love learning the messages in the what i call our instruction manual to life. Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the board, Zionist. :wave:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Zionist wrote:Hello everybody i have been looking into this site for about a week or so and have really enjoyed reading the topics and decided to join the forums to chat with other believers. I have been a believer for quite some time but i never truly made the step to have an intimate relationship with God. that changed a little over a year ago when certain things transpired in my life. i basically had enough half stepping with God and through my wife whom God blessed me with i have been drawing closer to God and he's really been helping me increase my knowledge in his word; in fact, i read often and love learning the messages in the what i call our instruction manual to life. Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Hello, Zionist. Welcome to the forum :wave:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

thanks Rick and Danny. i appreciate the welcome.
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Hi Zionist, judging by your name you'll get along with Gman perfectly. :ebiggrin:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

RickD wrote:Amalric wrote:
Hello everyone. I hope to get to know the more vocal of you over the next few weeks.
Danny, this means you. :lol:

Welcome to the board, Amalric. :ebiggrin:
Welcome Amalric. I've noticed in your posts that you display a fair amount of scholasitc familiarity with different forms of Biblical Criticism.

Would you be willing to share a little bit about yourself and you background so that others understand a little better where you're coming from?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Welcome everyone! :D
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:Welcome everyone! :D
Thank You, StMonica! Welcome, to you too!!!

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

:wave:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

RickD wrote:
StMonicaGuideMe wrote:Welcome everyone! :D
Thank You, StMonica! Welcome, to you too!!!
:pound: :pound: :pound:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary