Will Creationists Admit They Are Wrong and Apologise?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Will Creationists Admit They Are Wrong and Apologise?

Post by Philip »

So, your interpretation of this, is that the Noahic flood killed all animals on the entire face of the planet?
I don't have a certain answer to this. But I believe that it is POSSIBLE that the flood was only regional in scope, and that it merely covered the then-known geographic stretch of mankind at and up to that time, but not necessarily the entire earth. If this is true, then species of animals not in the flood zone MIGHT have survived. However, the text makes that highly uncertain: "And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt, for ALL flesh had corrupted their way on the earth. And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of ALL flesh,..."

At the very least, the extent of God's judgment appears to have been universal to ALL men, as the all-inclusives and the geographic reach of mankind, up to that time, was limited. But as to whether it globally included all other species, I can't say for sure. But, for the record, I believe in old-earth creationism (13.73 billion years old universe, about 4.5 billion years old earth).
Widge
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Widge »

neo-x wrote:
Anyway we are off topic. Oh and you have just proved that you cannot read the Bible both literally and purposively as you have told us the purpose of what Jesus did. Thanks
I'd give you a chance to back up your claim, widge. what does this have to do with my reading the Bible... :guns: :nunchaku: :duel:
You say that Jesus did not cancel the law yet you say we should not stone people? The law is under a new covenant under Jesus
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Widge on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:40 pm

neo-x wrote:
Anyway we are off topic. Oh and you have just proved that you cannot read the Bible both literally and purposively as you have told us the purpose of what Jesus did. Thanks

I'd give you a chance to back up your claim, widge. what does this have to do with my reading the Bible...

You say that Jesus did not cancel the law yet you say we should not stone people? The law is under a new covenant under Jesus
Widge, can't you read????? He didn't cancel it, he fulfilled it; so now, I don't have to stone you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Bertram
Acquainted Member

Post by Bertram »

neo-x wrote:
Widge on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:40 pm

neo-x wrote:

I'd give you a chance to back up your claim, widge. what does this have to do with my reading the Bible...

Widge, can't you read????? He didn't cancel it, he fulfilled it; so now, I don't have to stone you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesus fulfilled the law thereby making much of the Old Testament law now irrelevant that is true.
Calum
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Calum »

I honestly do not think Genesis in any way contradicts evolution. I'm sort of stuck between the progressive creationist viewpoint and the theistic evolutionist viewpoint, because scripture seems to support both, but I don't know enough of the science behind it yet to draw a valid conclusion.
"But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you; And the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you. "Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you; And let the fish of the sea declare to you.(--Job 12)
(Psalms 111:4, Romans 1:20, Psalms 19:1-4, Psalms 97:6)