My ASVAB

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

My ASVAB

Post by Murray »

Got an 86/99 on my ASVAB exam :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: 4rd highest score in the school district and means that I can literally do any job in the military I want :D

(25/99 is passing)
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: My ASVAB

Post by RickD »

Murray wrote:Got an 86/99 on my ASVAB exam :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: 4rd highest score in the school district and means that I can literally do any job in the military I want :D

(25/99 is passing)
Congratulations, Murray!!!! Good job!!! :dancing:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Thats awesome dude :clap: :clap: :clap:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Echoside
Valued Member

Post by Echoside »

Murray wrote:Got an 86/99 on my ASVAB exam :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: 4rd highest score in the school district and means that I can literally do any job in the military I want :D

(25/99 is passing)

Guess i have to be the one to say it :esad:

86/99 is your score yes, but that is mainly for the english/math sections. You are also scored on different topics like electrical and mechanical. You need to find those scores as well as some jobs in the military require a high score in these areas in addition to your main score.

For example, i got a 97/99 when i went in for my ASVAB but only an 88? or something on the mechanical section. I think there was one job that excluded me from picking.

I'm not sure if you took the ASVAB at your school? Maybe they didn't include those sections, but it's something you need to consider and often more vital than the "score" they give you.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

My overall score was an 86, my percentile for mechanical was a 9 :esad:

MY English was a 99 percentile though
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

but yea, I had like 8 or something different tests if that's what you wondering about. But you do get an overall score, I assume you get the same score sheet as I did, it's in the lower left hand corner under the rest of the sections. It should say overall score down there
Echoside
Valued Member

Post by Echoside »

Murray wrote:but yea, I had like 8 or something different tests if that's what you wondering about. But you do get an overall score, I assume you get the same score sheet as I did, it's in the lower left hand corner under the rest of the sections. It should say overall score down there
I have no idea what the sheet looks like this was over a year ago, I just know my job for example requires a 70+ on the electrical score in addition to the overall, it's something you need to keep in mind when trying to select an AFSC.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

what branch are you joining?

My MOS is either assistant chaplain, cav scout, combat diver, or military intelligence. And apparently (according to my recruiter) I meet the requirements for all 4
Echoside
Valued Member

Post by Echoside »

Murray wrote:what branch are you joining?

My MOS is either assistant chaplain, cav scout, combat diver, or military intelligence. And apparently (according to my recruiter) I meet the requirements for all 4
lol murray I've been in the air force for about a year now, I'm just giving some advice about the ASVAB :ewink:
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Ok, well maybe different branches have different rules regarding the asvab. Considering I got a 9 on the mechanical part, I suppose they would let me not be a mechanic.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Got an 86/99 on my ASVAB exam 4rd highest score in the school district and means that I can literally do any job in the military I want

(25/99 is passing)
4rd highest?
Is that better than 3st? :pound:
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

(25/99 is passing)
Congrats Murray.. I almost took that test back in the 80's. I wanted to be a Seal. My Dad was also a Vet from the 1st armored division..

God bless America. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
MissEm
Acquainted Member
Sex: Female

Post by MissEm »

Congrats! :)
Im Fat
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Im Fat »

good job :esmile:

Im happy that you are so enthused about fighting for country but have you ever stopped to think what you are fihting for? I personally could never serve a country that does so much evil in my eyes