The wind made the waters recede?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Telstra Robs
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The wind made the waters recede?

Post by Telstra Robs »

According to Gen 8:1, God sent a wind to blow over the land and the flood waters receded.

From a local flood theory perspective, what would the mechanisms be for this to work? Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: The wind made the waters recede?

Post by B. W. »

Telstra Robs wrote:According to Gen 8:1, God sent a wind to blow over the land and the flood waters receded.

From a local flood theory perspective, what would the mechanisms be for this to work? Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.
If Noah would have landed in Southeastern section of Wyoming around Cheyenne, USA - that would make perfect sense!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by kmr »

I can't remember from whom, but someone on this forum introduced me to the idea of the flood being partially attributed to the gap at the Straight of Hormuz breaking. This being the case, water would rush out and cover land for miles and miles above the former land level, and a strong wind, I suppose, would allow it to recede faster. y:-?
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Telstra Robs wrote:According to Gen 8:1, God sent a wind to blow over the land and the flood waters receded.

Thankyou.

It doesn't say that the wind actually removed the water, God made a wind over the land and then the waters receded.
Maybe there is a link between the two, maybe not.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

The word and concept of wind in the Hebrew language and mindset is closely tied with Spirit. Many look at the reference in Gen 8:1 and see a tie to Gen 1:2 as an indicator of the creative power of God at work during a time of establishment and change.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Telstra Robs
Established Member

Post by Telstra Robs »

Thanks everyone :)

God bless
dayage
Valued Member

Post by dayage »

The word in question (skakak) means to be reduced. It is often used for the reduceing of a kings anger. I know Dr. Ross suggests that God was using the wind as a means to help reduce the water through evaporation.