Questions I have...

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Phoenix
Familiar Member

Questions I have...

Post by Phoenix »

-First of all I'm debating a young earth creationist about whether or not there was animal death before the fall. I gave the info posted here

http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/death.html

She is not convinced, in fact she asked me the following that I could use some help on.

"How do we know what Adam named each animal?"

-She states that the carnivorous names given to the carnivores is what modern man calls them. That before the fall we don't know what Adam named them.

"Why would a Holy God create physical death and pain?"

"Everything was perfect so there was no physical death or pain."

Thanks
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

You would likely be interested in reading over the discussion at http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... .php?t=459.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Kurieuo wrote:You would likely be interested in reading over the discussion at http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... .php?t=459.

Kurieuo.
G'Day K... You never responded to Strix in that Thread!
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I really didn't see a particular need to. His first post seemed premature since he only read the first post in the thread (his own admission). And I didn't see any major challenge to the mainstream of what I wrote in his latter post either, although he obviously disagrees with my position. I felt my previous posts presented a strong case which wasn't really dealt with by Strix, and so I was quite happy to let him have the last words in sharing his opinion.

Kurieuo.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Kurieuo wrote:I really didn't see a particular need to. His first post seemed premature since he only read the first post in the thread (his own admission). And I didn't see any major challenge to the mainstream of what I wrote in his latter post either, although he obviously disagrees with my position. I felt my previous posts presented a strong case which wasn't really dealt with by Strix, and so I was quite happy to let him have the last words in sharing his opinion.

Kurieuo.
K... The Discussion was going so well though. I thought you would have kept going... :cry: ... None the less it was a great Discussion and for me I throughly Enjoyed it!!!
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

If there is something further you'd want me to tackle in that thread that I perhaps left open, feel free to ask (in that thread) and I'll respond further. I'm always happy to respond if people want to read what I say ;)

Kurieuo.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Kurieuo wrote:If there is something further you'd want me to tackle in that thread that I perhaps left open, feel free to ask (in that thread) and I'll respond further. I'm always happy to respond if people want to read what I say ;)

Kurieuo.
:)
Hey actually I was waiting for Felgar to reply to your last post. Actually I kind of agree with you both and don't really have a Clue whether you or Felgar are correct?