Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Tone
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Tone »

Hello and thanks for the welcome.

Let me just give a short hopefuly concise answer RE: Muhammad. I didnt really say they were all on equal footing, i just said i believe in all three and that they are all relative, which shouldnt really be construed as all being equal. Yea we can debate the finer points of that in another thread. I believe Muhammad was a prophet indeed, although i dont believe he was as divine as Jesus. Neither Muhammad nor Jesus is equal to God, although many folks have made Jesus and Muhammad de facto Gods.

btw, there are just as many peaceful and violent sayings in the Bible as there are in the Koran
“Everywhere you look in science, the harder it becomes to understand the universe without God.”
Robert Herrmann
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Tone wrote:Hello and thanks for the welcome.

Let me just give a short hopefuly concise answer RE: Muhammad. I didnt really say they were all on equal footing, i just said i believe in all three and that they are all relative, which shouldnt really be construed as all being equal. Yea we can debate the finer points of that in another thread. I believe Muhammad was a prophet indeed, although i dont believe he was as divine as Jesus. Neither Muhammad nor Jesus is equal to God, although many folks have made Jesus and Muhammad de facto Gods.

btw, there are just as many peaceful and violent sayings in the Bible as there are in the Koran
Welcome.. Are you from the Baha'i faith? I would say that the teachings of Muhammad and Christ are completely different....

Would you like to start a thread on this? We would be happy to answer...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Tone
Newbie Member

Post by Tone »

Im not from the Baha'i faith, and i probably need to make my statement more clear, when i say they are all relative, i mean in the grand scheme of things as it Relates to having one God, the one God, the same God. Not necessarily relative to "religon(s)" or teachings. What im saying is that i dont discount the fact that God used Jesus and Muhammed as his messengers.
“Everywhere you look in science, the harder it becomes to understand the universe without God.”
Robert Herrmann
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Tone wrote:Im not from the Baha'i faith, and i probably need to make my statement more clear, when i say they are all relative, i mean in the grand scheme of things as it Relates to having one God, the one God, the same God. Not necessarily relative to "religon(s)" or teachings. What im saying is that i dont discount the fact that God used Jesus and Muhammed as his messengers.
I can assure you that Muhammed is not a teacher of God... Could you please open another thread on this so that we can debate this?

Thank you..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Ethos
Newbie Member

Post by Ethos »

Greetings my friends;

I'm pleased to finally find a Christian forum where they at least ask prospective members whether they are professing Christians or not. I have found that many so-called Christian forums are saturated with nonbelievers and accusers of the brethren. I realize that asking for one to submit their personal identification with Christianity will not completely prevent those who only want to cause trouble from making their presence also known. Nevertheless, it will at least hold membership to account and hopefully prevent useless arguing where such is the only purpose for many nonbelievers participation.

Thanks for accepting my registration, I'm sure I will enjoy the fellowship with other persons of faith that appear to be present in a majority here. While it is the resposibility of the faithful to witness to the lost, it is a welcome time when people of like mindedness can share the joy of faith in Christ Jesus. I will no doubt find the antagnonist present here also, but if honest debate can be of common interest between myself and those of skeptical persuasion, I should have no problem. On the otherhand, if skeptisism turns to antagonism, and antagonism turns to attack, I will ask the administrator's for assistance in dealing with it.

Thanks again and may God bless

.........................Ethos
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Ethos wrote:Greetings my friends;

I'm pleased to finally find a Christian forum where they at least ask prospective members whether they are professing Christians or not. I have found that many so-called Christian forums are saturated with nonbelievers and accusers of the brethren. I realize that asking for one to submit their personal identification with Christianity will not completely prevent those who only want to cause trouble from making their presence also known. Nevertheless, it will at least hold membership to account and hopefully prevent useless arguing where such is the only purpose for many nonbelievers participation.

Thanks for accepting my registration, I'm sure I will enjoy the fellowship with other persons of faith that appear to be present in a majority here. While it is the resposibility of the faithful to witness to the lost, it is a welcome time when people of like mindedness can share the joy of faith in Christ Jesus. I will no doubt find the antagnonist present here also, but if honest debate can be of common interest between myself and those of skeptical persuasion, I should have no problem. On the otherhand, if skeptisism turns to antagonism, and antagonism turns to attack, I will ask the administrator's for assistance in dealing with it.

Sounds like you've found the right place. Welcome.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Ethos
Newbie Member

Post by Ethos »

Byblos wrote:
Ethos wrote:Greetings my friends;

Sounds like you've found the right place. Welcome.
Thanks for the warm welcome, it is much appreciated!
................Ethos
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Hi everyone,

I've came here by way of the Atheist Toolbox and especially in light Ethos' post above I will do my utmost to be courteous to all. If it helps at all I am not an atheist, I'm not quite sure what I am but I'm enjoying try to find out.

I'm 26, from Scotland, own too many animals, have a deep love for tea and I'm married with a five year old daughter.

:wave:
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome!! Hope you enjoy the discussions and find much to help you!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Proinsias wrote: own too many animals, have a deep love for tea
:lol: Well please tell us about your animals, and what tea is best. Anyway, welcome to the board! I hope we can be of service.

Ethos, a welcome to you, too.
:wave:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I like Earl Grey, just my .02
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I have two cats. One rather portly and bearing a striking resemblance to Garfield called Jake, the other is a tiny little black and white girl called Cleo. I have a part time house rabbit and six guinea pigs.

The tea of the moment is fresh, green Japanese shincha. It's only available for a few weeks each year and goes off quite quickly after opening. In other news this year's Chinese greens and Darjeeling teas are just being made available so it's excitement all round really.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

I just heard last night this whole list of things that green tea is good for, I mean health-wise. If all that is true, I've got to start drinking it! It said it's good for your body to drink it before bed, and that if you add lemon to it, the effects are greatly enhanced. :)

I used to have guinea pigs (a loooooong time ago), and now I have a rabbit. It's medium sized and stays outside - it looks just like a wild rabbit. We also have a chihuahua. I like the rabbit more than the chihuahau.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Josh
Acquainted Member

Post by Josh »

Hello all, i just wanted to introduce myself my name is josh. I have been lurking on this site for a while now and finally joined. It has been a good go to and just general place to find interesting information. I am christian, i found christ very young and have only strengthened that relationship over the past two years, all beginning with a debate. John lennox and Richard dawkins close to where i live. It was an eye opener, honestly i NEVER knew there was scientific evidence for god, nor was I aware intelligent people refuted evolution, since then i have debated numerous times against many atheists in different sites. Once again, thanks for the information!
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

WElcom Josh!

Glad you hav found good information here!