How do I unsubscribe?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
LittleShepherd
Established Member
Christian: No

How do I unsubscribe?

Post by LittleShepherd »

I feel so weird. This is the first time I've ever had to ask this question on a forum. First, I already checked the FAQs and didn't see anything addressing this, so I'll ask here.

How do I unsubscribe from a topic? None of the links at top seem to take me to a list of my subscribed threads. There is one in particular that I'd really like to stop getting email announcements for, but I can't do it because I can't find the area to modify my subscriptions.

Someone please help.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

LS, look for the small underlined blue print underneath the "new topic" button below the last post.

It looks something like this:

new topic space post reply space Forum Index -> General Chit-chat
Page 1 of 1
Stop watching this topic

Click on the Stop watching this topic words and it should change to Watch this topic for replies instead.

It can be a bit confusing unless you realize that if it shows Stop watching this topic then that means you are already watching and want to stop doing so, rather than the other way around... or at least it confuses me sometimes. :wink:
LittleShepherd
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by LittleShepherd »

Yay! I still don't get why there's no place to check your subscribed threads, but it's nice to know that I can get rid of the stupidest of threads. Thanks!

*goes to do just that*
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

In your Profile (click on "Profile" up above under the main header banner) you will find a list of preferences you can make decisions upon. The third one in the list is:
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.
You can elect there to have emails sent to you or not.
However, I found this did not clear every thread necessarily, and I had to make the change on the individual thread in some cases.