Humans on display at London Zoo

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
ochotseat

Re: Humans on display at London Zoo

Post by ochotseat »

Thinker wrote: Yes, but there still is a line (law) drawn that prevents either person to show their genitalia.
That's what I said, so what's your point? :lol:
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Believer »

Thinker wrote:
ochotseat wrote:Foul people with loose morals do that, not most proper God-fearing individuals. They actually draw a line during Mardi Gras. It's legal to show your cleavage, but it's illegal to show your penis or vagina.
Yes, but there still is a line (law) drawn that prevents either person to show their genitalia.
ochotseat wrote:That's what I said, so what's your point? :lol:
My point is that "They", the law, states you can and cannot do certain things. Without law, people will do whatever they want whenever they want. I guess it just comes to to morals now.
roysr
Familiar Member

Post by roysr »

ochotseat wrote: Foul people with loose morals do that, not most proper God-fearing individuals. They actually draw a line during Mardi Gras. It's legal to show your cleavage, but it's illegal to show your penis or vagina.
Don't forget that many of the people who behave like that at a "Mardi Gras" type event are under the influence of alcohol and or drugs. I am sure many of them feel shame or guilt the next day etc.. when they remember what they did, or in some cases, after a friend tells them. People rarely behave like that without some sort of drug being involved in it.

And in the cases where people behave like that sober, I believe there is still guilt involved, especially if it is their first time behaving like that. It is just that some people have desensitized themselves to the behavior and wouldn't feel the same amount of guilt your average person would. They also usually have motivation in the form of cash (like Thinker pointed out) to help them overcome the guilt/shame.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Thinker wrote:It DOESN'T take mathematical, biological, or any other scientific research but the Bible to show that either evolution is false as we know it, or it is true, but done by a divine hand that formed it. I see it there. A real logical thinker can see this, apparently darwinian evolutionists don't. :lol:
This logic only works if you take the Bible as truth. Open up your mind, some people do not accept this truth and so logically does not reach the same conclusion. So who are you then calling illogical? Realize this first, and perhaps you will have a better chance of converting the unbeliever.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

[quote="Thinker]Without law, people will do whatever they want whenever they want. I guess it just comes to to morals now.[/quote]

Are you so certain that it is the laws which came first or was it morality?
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

This logic only works if you take the Bible as truth. Open up your mind, some people do not accept this truth and so logically does not reach the same conclusion. So who are you then calling illogical? Realize this first, and perhaps you will have a better chance of converting the unbeliever.
What do you believe in as your source for truth?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

August wrote:
What do you believe in as your source for truth?
No matter what the source is it is true that love binds us all. We cannot lose sight on the important matters. People who argue over specificallity are like lawyers and legislators bickering over what the meaning of "is" is.
We shouldn't judge people for anything, let alone their beleifs. Just do your best to do the right thing. We are only here but for a moment, and you will be judged by one who has the right to judge.
August
Old School

Post by August »

No matter what the source is
No source then.
it is true that love binds us all.
How do you know that?
Just do your best to do the right thing
What is the "right thing", and how do you know what it is?
We are only here but for a moment, and you will be judged by one who has the right to judge.
How do you know that?
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

You also have the problem of being self-aware with the human animals...
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

It doesn't really matter how I know.

I can only say that I feel that I should not add to the suffering of the world.

Look into your own heart and perhaps you will see what is right and what is wrong?
August
Old School

Post by August »

Look into your own heart and perhaps you will see what is right and what is wrong?
Don't you think this is a problem though? Did the Nazis look into their own hearts and see nothing wrong? Without an objective source of right and wrong, there can be much pain and suffering.

BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

August wrote:
Don't you think this is a problem though? Did the Nazis look into their own hearts and see nothing wrong? Without an objective source of right and wrong, there can be much pain and suffering.
Will arguing about ID over evolution prevent a new Nazi regime?
August
Old School

Post by August »

Creating a red herring when you don't want to answer the question? And it could conceiveably have prevented the first holocaust, since Nazi dogma was based on survival of the fittest, i.e. natural selection.

BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

August wrote:
Creating a red herring when you don't want to answer the question? And it could conceiveably have prevented the first holocaust, since Nazi dogma was based on survival of the fittest, i.e. natural selection.
Yes, but Christian beleifs were behind the Spanish Inquisition.
The point being that differing beliefs can cause conflict.

Some times we need to fight, sometimes not.
August
Old School

Post by August »

Yes, but Christian beleifs were behind the Spanish Inquisition.
How does that relate to either ID or evolution, which you brought up, since neither was around at that time?

We can also debate the meaning of Christian :)