Questions about the Christ's marriage to the church

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Questions about the Christ's marriage to the church

Post by cubeus19 »

Hey everyone. this is a area of scripture that really fascinates me. And in many ways it confuses me and I don't really know much about it. What I'm trying to figure out mainly is, is it a literal or a spiritual marriage that will take place in the afterlife? Also, how will each individual believer take part in this marriage?

And specifically, if you are a male like I am, how will you specifically participate in this marriage and how should I react or respond to this notion? Now if all this is very much literal and if I was a female, I would really enjoy the idea of being physically intimate with the Son of God, but sadly, as a red blooded male, not so much. Now don't get me wrong, I do have a love for Christ, but it's not necessarily a physical or dare I say sexual love. I'm certainly not into dudes and I'm pretty sure the same Christ who said on the mountain that homosexuals shall have no part in the kingdom of God pretty much agrees and approves of me.

But overall again I just want to know if it's literal or not so literal and which ever one it is, does anyone have any details as to what it will consist of, what kind of activities are involved, how should I react to it as a male, what will be my exact participation within it as a male and just any other details that you may know about it please feel free to share. Thank you all for your time.
Last edited by cubeus19 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubeus19
Established Member

Re: Questions about the Christ's marriage to the church

Post by cubeus19 »

I must have stumped you guys.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

It is symbolic, not literal.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

1over137 wrote:It is symbolic, not literal.
There's nothing symbolic about it. I think what you meant is spiritual vs physical.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
cubeus19
Established Member

Post by cubeus19 »

Yeah my bad, that's what I meant. Spiritual. Now then, with that in mind, how much of it is spiritual rather than physical?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Byblos wrote:
1over137 wrote:It is symbolic, not literal.
There's nothing symbolic about it. I think what you meant is spiritual vs physical.
I meant that too. Thanks.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart