Micheal Moore's Documentaries

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Micheal Moore's Documentaries

Post by kateliz »

Tonight I've seen for the first time Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" and half of "Farenheit 9/11".

In "Bowling for Columbine" he didn't really answer the question of why there are so many "more" murders or deaths by guns in America than in other countries. I put "more" in quotes because he didn't give out percentages, only numbers, and so it was misrepresented. That made me mad and has me question how accurate or distorted his other "facts" are. I myself do not have any suggestion for an answer, but would like to see if I could find one.

"Farenheit 9/11" has done a real number on me so far. I really liked Bush (George W. Bush,) but now I think I view him as woefully inadequate for his job and as another spineless ninny who's conscience he doesn't care to keep too clean. Very selfish too. I've given him every benefit of the doubt, but can't shake what I've seen in that film. Apparently he's been thoroughly tied up in Saudi oil all of his life and has taken too much advantage of being George H. Bush's son, almost by his own admission years ago. I don't think I like him anymore. I tell you, I'd have never thought I'd be thinking like this before!

Oh, and from those films I've come to respect Michael Moore for his calm, reasoning attitude and quest for truth. I was too judgmental before; I assumed he was the opposite of that!

What do you guys think on him and his films?
August
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysi ... it-911.htm

http://www.eppc.org/publications/pubID. ... detail.asp

http://bowlingfortruth.com/

Hi Kateliz,

Micheal Moore is a masterful filmmaker, but also a masterful liar. I encourage you to follow the links above and read what for example the Ethics and Public Policy Centre has to say about F911. Don't let his lies and distortions mislead you, he was the guest of honor at the Democratic National Convention, so politics play a huge role in his films.

Hope it helps.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
PEACE
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by PEACE »

are you trying to say that most things he says are not true and not based on some fact?

Peace
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i don't think i like him anymore...
cool. i've never liked him.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
August
Old School

Post by August »

are you trying to say that most things he says are not true and not based on some fact?
Yes, he is a bald-faced liar who takes things out of context. Believe what you will, but his movies are fabrications.
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Thank you very much August. I am very eager to read those sites but will do so after I have finished the movie. I would still vote Bush over a typical democrat any day though! You could classify me as Rebuplican pretty easily, but I'm actually an independent. I believe that those two main parties in America prevent much needed progress just by their existence.
PEACE
Acquainted Member

Post by PEACE »

when you all realise like micheal moore does that it doesn't matter if you vote republican and democratic-
because at the end of the day they are controlled by the same people.
August
Old School

Post by August »

when you all realise like micheal moore does that it doesn't matter if you vote republican and democratic-
because at the end of the day they are controlled by the same people.
Want to show some evidence? Moore is a hypocrite who has taken in a lot of people with his lies. If he realized that "they are controlled by the same", why was he a keynote speaker at the Democratic National Convention?

Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i don't trust voting anymore either.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
PEACE
Acquainted Member

Post by PEACE »

why does it really matter if he was a 'keynote speaker at the democratic national convention' or not.
that tells you what really?
evidence tricky but I don't hate on him at all.
He's making issues aware 'even' if his points/facts/ etc. are abit off course.
NO?
LONG LIVE MICHEAL MOORE.
August
Old School

Post by August »

why does it really matter if he was a 'keynote speaker at the democratic national convention' or not.
that tells you what really?
evidence tricky but I don't hate on him at all.
He's making issues aware 'even' if his points/facts/ etc. are abit off course.
NO?
LONG LIVE MICHEAL MOORE.
Typical Micheal Moore supporter, they never let the facts get in the way of a good story, especially if it promotes their shared hatred of Christians and conservatism.

If you want to support liars and hypocrites, it's your choice, but it only serves to make you look like one too.

PEACE
Acquainted Member

Post by PEACE »

SHARED HATRED OF CHRISTIANS AND CONSERVATISM
Pardon?

I have no hatred towards Christians- i live with 3 of them- have done all my life.
My name PEACE-
Opposite of HATE.

I think you've made a massive judgement on me and proberly others just from my defence of Micheal moore.

Why are you so against him then?
DO YOU SUPPORT BUSH AND THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT?

Peace
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

August wrote:Yes, he is a bald-faced liar who takes things out of context. Believe what you will, but his movies are fabrications.
Imagine what a pathetic point his Canadian-door-opening sequence would have been like if he hadn't edited out the people who had locked doors or came at him with a weapon. :)
August
Old School

Post by August »

SHARED HATRED OF CHRISTIANS AND CONSERVATISM
Pardon?

I have no hatred towards Christians- i live with 3 of them- have done all my life.
My name PEACE-
Opposite of HATE.

I think you've made a massive judgement on me and proberly others just from my defence of Micheal moore.
So defending lies and someone who consistently speaks out against Christians and conservatives is peaceful and tolerant? Living with someone does not mean you don't like what they stand for.

What do you mean by "massive judgement"? You admit Moores stories cannot be proven, but still you defend him. I did not pass judgement on anyone, but if you associate with liars and hypocrites, what does ot make you look like?
Why are you so against him then?
Because he takes advantage of people by spreading lies, he claims to be for the common man but lives the high life, his values are substantially anti-Christian.
DO YOU SUPPORT BUSH AND THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT?
Not with everything they do, but in general, yes.

AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Oh, and from those films I've come to respect Michael Moore for his calm, reasoning attitude and quest for truth. I was too judgmental before; I assumed he was the opposite of that!

What do you guys think on him and his films?
Calmness doesn't mean he's correct. Euclid (I think it's Euclid, or some other mathemetician I'm getting confused with) I believe ran naked through the streets yelling "EUREKA!" after he figured ou how to determine if the king's crown was pure gold or not....not calm, but he was right. Also, he's not in search for truth, he's telling everyone what he believes and backs it up with facts that he misinterprets.

More is doesn't make documentaries, he makes movies-sometimes based on some fact, but mainly just made up story telling :D
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous