last question

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

last question

Post by Prodigal Son »

why won't the new earth have oceans? i like oceans.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
LittleShepherd
Established Member

Post by LittleShepherd »

There will be something better in their place. I like oceans, too.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Why is it a cube? ;)

Kurieuo.

PS. I'm not mocking anyone's comments here! (some people are touchy, so I thought I'd stress that)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

What about the sea of glass? Sorry if that's not what Revelation called it, but if you've heard of it you'd probably know what I'm referring to. That's something I've never been sure of.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

kateliz wrote:What about the sea of glass? Sorry if that's not what Revelation called it, but if you've heard of it you'd probably know what I'm referring to. That's something I've never been sure of.
Yes I have heard of the Sea of Glass... That is Different but here is some Info on it...
15:2 a
The sea of glass

"And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints." (Rev. 15:2, 3)

What a magnificent scene of victory! Do you remember the historical situation that the term, "song of Moses," might have drawn meaning from?
"And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea. (Continue reading in Exodus 14 ex1428-30).
"Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea." Continue reading, ex1502-.

Earlier in the story, Egypt had experienced ten plagues. Still Pharaoh rebelled against the plan of God and went in pursuit of the children of Israel. He, with his army drowned in the Red sea resulting in a final victory for the Lord who was protecting His people. In parallel here the seven last plagues will not change the hearts of the wicked who will finally be destroyed. You will find a chart comparing the two songs of Moses. ex15chart.
http://www.bibleexplained.com/revelatio ... %20of%20gl

There are of Course Different Takes on it but quite interesting on the differences!!
The "sea of glass" is specifically spoken of twice in the Holy Scriptures, both times in the Book of Revelation, both times referring to the area around The Throne of God, as an analogy for the absolute purity of God. That "sea" is later evident as the source of the "living waters," God's Holy Spirit, that will flow from the New Jerusalem.
http://www.keyway.ca/htm2004/20040720.htm

Revelations 15:2 and 15:3 are quite Interesting!!! If you read the Exodus out of Egypt the Song Of Moses was a Victory Song!!!

Here is a Good Commentary

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/ ... ml[quote]2. (2) A multitude on the sea of glass

a. The sea of glass is mingled with fire; perhaps this is either a reminder of the "fires" of judgment, or of red color (with it an allusion to the Red Sea and the deliverance from bondage?)

i. Images from the Exodus abound in this chapter; we see plagues, a red sea, Moses, the tabernacle, and the Shekinah cloud of glory

b. Who are these people? They are those who are victorious over the beast through their faithfulness unto death; they are the tribulation martyrs, described in Revelation 7:9-17

i. They are not those who survive the tribulation; as much as we can discern any sort of chronology from Revelation, we are still very much in the tribulation - the bowl judgments still are waiting
ii. Therefore, even though they are killed by the beast, they have the victory over the beast - they are not losers. The early church consistently described the day of martyrdom as "a day of victory"

c. This multitude is standing on the sea of glass; on (epi) can mean on, over or beside; if the sea of glass is a physical representation of the Word of God (connecting to the idea of the tabernacle's laver and the washing of water by the word [Ephesians 5:26]), perhaps we could say that these saints are "standing on the Word"
d. They also have harps of God; the only people we saw with harps before were the twenty-four elders (Revelation 5:8); these tribulation martyrs are given the blessing of helping to lead the worship music in heaven

3. (3-4) Their song of praise

a. Only one song is sung, but there is reference made to two titles (the song of Moses and the song of the Lamb); thus, the two titles refer to a single song. Here is a perfect union between law and love; between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant
b. This song, deeply rooted in the Old Testament, gives praise to: God's works (3b); God's ways (3c); God's worthiness (4a); and God's worship (4b)

c. Their focus is purely on God; not even on their own costly and glorious victory

[/quote]
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Thank you ever so much Bug Zapper!
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »