Do mormon's go to heaven too?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Tanyan
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Are Mormons going to Heaven To ?

Post by Tanyan »

Sorry for some reason that link is not working, just type in the address for F.A.I.R. Peace.
CountryBoy
Established Member

Post by CountryBoy »

Tanyan,

Don't worry about your link not working, no offense, but no one goes to your links anymore.

If you won't have the courtesy or take the time to find the answer on your web-site and copy and post it, then most of us (I certainly am) are sick of trying to dig through the verbage and find out what you say you are posting.

Tanyan, what if, everytime you mentioned one of your mormon beliefs I did this.....

Please see the below link, it show's why mormonism is aberrant in God's eyes.

http://www.bible.com

If you think that is being a BIFF Christian (wimpy, whatever), then you said it also about yourself, because that's about all you've offered us up so far.

So Tanyan, I'm signing off from this mormon discussion, at least where you are concerned. If a mormon who isn't ashamed of what he believes, or at least is in touch with what he believes comes on and wants to discuss it, I'll be back. I just don't think your 25 years in joe smiths service has taught you much about your faith in him. But I think that's pretty typical of mormonism, so don't let it offend you, you're very normal for a mormon.

Does anyone know (aside from a website that Tanyan may post) how many levels there are to climb up the mormon level to reach god-dome? I wonder how far up that ladder Tanyan is in his 25 years? Wonder if Tantan did his 2 years (or whatever) mission trip? If not, can he still progress towards heaaven? Did Donny and Marie (and the clan) get out of the mission thing by paying extra to get up the ladder? There are many questions about that mormon thing.

In Christ's service.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

CountryBoy wrote:Utah's Dark Reality
If Mormonism is so transforming, shouldn't that be reflected in the CDC statistics?
(Note: Utah is 70% Mormon)
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) the leading cause of death in America is heart disease, with suicide ranking eleventh. [1] Compare that with what the Utah Department of Health says. They report the leading cause of death for males between the ages of 15-44 as suicide. The Utah External Injury Data System says that from 1992 to 1999 there were 7,713 suicides alone. Eleven of those were between the ages of 0-9 years of age. [2] The rate of suicide in Utah for females between the ages of 15-44 is four times the national average. With this being said, the CDC has been “unable to explain the regional variation of suicide”. About 20 percent of successful suicides have occurred in the 13-21 year old age bracket. The Utah Department of Health has declared it an “epidemic”. For the past four decades now, Utah has ranked in the top ten for numbers of suicides in the nation. [3] What is equally disturbing is that the other nine states are located in the intermountain west and Alaska. [4]

Just think about this for a moment, you've got more than a handful of little people who have witnessed such horrific events in their short lives and have learned this is the only way out…

Between 1996-8 the Office of Vital Records and Statistics reported that suicide accounts for 27 percent of deaths in intentional and unintentional deaths in Utah. There were 3,399 deaths in this category. That means there were more than 917 suicides in that two to three year time frame.
Country, you should provide a link, so Tanyann won't think you concocted this information. :wink:
Beep - beep - beep - beep - beep
system overload
It had to be said. :)
Satan is like a roaring lion seeing who he may devour...and he's devoured about 12 million mormons. They need our prayers for sure.
About 11 million and yes they do. It may be understandable why people wanted to kill Joseph Smith, since he was trying to lead people down to eternal damnation.
Last edited by ochotseat on Sat May 14, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ochotseat

Re: Are Mormons going to Heaven To ?

Post by ochotseat »

Tanyan wrote:SIGH !, More Polemical Dialectic.
All you do is post general links, dodge direct questions, and slander anyone who criticizes your faith. Your cult has done a good job of training you.
Does anyone know (aside from a website that Tanyan may post) how many levels there are to climb up the mormon level to reach god-dome? I wonder how far up that ladder Tanyan is in his 25 years? Wonder if Tantan did his 2 years (or whatever) mission trip? If not, can he still progress towards heaaven? Did Donny and Marie (and the clan) get out of the mission thing by paying extra to get up the ladder? There are many questions about that mormon thing.
Read my information on Mormonism. The LDS church doesn't allow non-Mormons to enter its temples without a special permit nor does it even disclose its financial records to anyone. Why? Because that's what cults do.
Tanyan,
If you won't have the courtesy or take the time to find the answer on your web-site and copy and post it, then most of us (I certainly am) are sick of trying to dig through the verbage and find out what you say you are posting.
He hasn't tried to refute anything or answer anything directly, because he knows his hands are theologically tied back. According to him, Mormonism is the same as Christianity, but it is NOT. He's just upset that most Christians don't buy into Mormonism, Joseph Smith was proven a shady character, Mormon holy books have been changed thousands of times and disproved by science, and Mormons are headed to hell if they continue to denigrate Christ.
Last edited by ochotseat on Sun May 15, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twoedgedsword
Familiar Member

The Truth

Post by twoedgedsword »

Hello to my fellow brothers in Christ.

I just wanted to clear some things up for you guys so maybe you will understand what the real problem with Tanyan is.
I used to be a mormon. My parents are still mormon and so is a lot of my family on my mother's side.
I remember being taught that mormons are the only ones going to Heaven and anyone other than mormons were going to Hell plain and simple, I remember growing thinking I would go to Hell because I couldn't be perfect like the God of the mormons expected me to be, I didn't think God would ever accept me so I became a jack mormon (still a member just not attending)
people would talk to me about the Jesus and God of the Bible but I was so brain washed still about the mormon church being the only true church.
Some years later, I was invited to a revival meeting (non moron) and decided to go for amusement reasons. I ended up having my eyes radically opened while I was there. Jesus opened my eyes to who he really is and how much he loves me. It changed everything about me. The key though is that it was Christ who changed my outlook on mormonism not anything anyone had to say about it.
Tanyan can't see the truth because he has been blinded by the religion of mormonism. He can't feel that darkness that you and I can feel when you're surrounded by mormons.
Pray that the scales fall from his eyes that he may see the truth as the scales fell from Paul's eyes so that he could see truth, and as God ripped the scales from my eyes that I too saw the truth and was saved.
CountryBoy
Established Member

Post by CountryBoy »

Ahaa,

Thanks Two.
twoedgedsword
Familiar Member

Post by twoedgedsword »

I hope that was helpful. My parents can't see the truth and that's frustrating to me because it seems as plain as the nose on their face. I see the same conversations here that I have with them. They can't seem to give me a straight answer as to why they believe what they believe either. Whenever I confront them on an issue, alot of time I just get "I don't know" or "that's not interpreted right"
Blind no more, two
CountryBoy
Established Member

Post by CountryBoy »

Being an insider (or ex-insider) really gives you an insight into how to minister to that group.
twoedgedsword
Familiar Member

Post by twoedgedsword »

yes and no.

do you know what im talking about when i mentioned the heavy or dark cloud feeling you get when surrounded by a mormon community.

the sword.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I just came across a website of a ministry dedicated to Mormons—Living Hope Ministries. The have some trailers of films they have or will be releasing. One in particular that caught my attention was http://www.lhvm.org/ctbf/bband.htm, which was to do with Herbert Armstrong. Recommend people visiting the site.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
ochotseat

Re: The Truth

Post by ochotseat »

twoedgedsword wrote:Hello to my fellow brothers in Christ.

I just wanted to clear some things up for you guys so maybe you will understand what the real problem with Tanyan is.
I used to be a mormon. My parents are still mormon and so is a lot of my family on my mother's side.
I remember being taught that mormons are the only ones going to Heaven and anyone other than mormons were going to Hell plain and simple, I remember growing thinking I would go to Hell because I couldn't be perfect like the God of the mormons expected me to be, I didn't think God would ever accept me so I became a jack mormon (still a member just not attending)
people would talk to me about the Jesus and God of the Bible but I was so brain washed still about the mormon church being the only true church.
Some years later, I was invited to a revival meeting (non moron) and decided to go for amusement reasons. I ended up having my eyes radically opened while I was there. Jesus opened my eyes to who he really is and how much he loves me. It changed everything about me. The key though is that it was Christ who changed my outlook on mormonism not anything anyone had to say about it.
Tanyan can't see the truth because he has been blinded by the religion of mormonism. He can't feel that darkness that you and I can feel when you're surrounded by mormons.
Pray that the scales fall from his eyes that he may see the truth as the scales fell from Paul's eyes so that he could see truth, and as God ripped the scales from my eyes that I too saw the truth and was saved.
Hopefully, my posted evidence will save their souls.
Are you a Protestant, Catholic, or Orthodox now? The LDS church does a fantastic job of indoctrinating and maintaining a strong grip on its followers, so they will not discover true Christianity. :o
CountryBoy
Established Member

Post by CountryBoy »

do you know what im talking about when i mentioned the heavy or dark cloud feeling you get when surrounded by a mormon community.
No I don't, can you explain that?

Thanks
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

twoedgedsword wrote:do you know what im talking about when i mentioned the heavy or dark cloud feeling you get when surrounded by a mormon community.
Yeah I know what you mean - except it can be with any group and not just mormon's. Most people nowadays are just neutral, sort of like they're sprititually empty. But there are a few people in the service of Satan and you can feel the 'darkness', while at a good chuch you can certainly feel the light. I can only feel it when it's extremely strong, and I think the more mature in our faith the easier we feel those spiritually influences. I actually believe it could be related to spiritual warfare, but I don't know for sure. Actually the comic store where I went to University was like that - you just felt 'heavy' as soon as you walked in.

Anyways, knowing what you know about the two faiths, can they not be reconciled? I mean, faith in Jesus is the means by which we are saved, and they claim to have that. Beyond that, does it reaaaaallly matter? Clearly they could be severing their walk with God which is a shame and hurts their lives, but so long as they accept God's grace at least their souls are saved. What is your take on that from the perspective of understanding both faiths?
twoedgedsword
Familiar Member

Post by twoedgedsword »

hello again.

I am a born again christian. and I believe in the bible and the trinity and that I am saved by GRACE!!!! hallalieua.

I am not sure about genuine mormons who have truly been misled,
but I feel very strongly about the others who say "i don't know" when ever you ask them a ? about their faith and what they believe.
most mormons put a real strong emphasis on Joe smith and other characters from the book of mormon more so than Jesus Christ
they see Jesus as less than God
I don't have time right now to talk about it but will pick up our conversation tomorrow.
its good talking to you and im glad to hear that you knew what i was talking about.

the sword.