Steps to THE Pool of Siloam not seen in 2,000 years, until now!

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Steps to THE Pool of Siloam not seen in 2,000 years, until now!

Post by Philip »

The Bible records HISTORY - as many ancient sites it mentions can be found to this very day!

Incredible, The Pool of Siloam, below Israel's Temple Mount and rediscovered quite by accident (a sewer line had ruptured), has very recently had ancient steps from Jesus' day uncovered. This is the famous pool and site of Jesus' healing of the blind man, in John 8, where Jews bathed in the pool to ritually purify themselves before continuing upon the steps leading upward to the (second) Temple of Israel, in the first century.

See the video showing it - as well that describes further plans by Israel's archaeologists in uncovering the steps all the way up to the Temple site.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6VL4GLbE2w

The Bible passage about Jesus' healing a blind man at the Pool of Siloam

John 8: 9 As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or fhis parents, that he was born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” 6 Having said these things, he spit on the ground and made mud with the saliva. Then he anointed the man’s eyes with the mud 7 and said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which means Sent). So he went and washed and came back seeing.