The hardest part about being a Christian

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The hardest part about being a Christian

Post by Philip »

“The hardest part about being a Christian is...”

One can fill in the statement above with a whole bunch of things – but the short answer, and ultimately, God’s answer to our worries, fears, trials, and things we can’t currently understand is, to have FAITH – and let God do HIS part in things we have no clue about or ability to change - but that HE doe have! Nonetheless, while we know we should trust God, yet we still typically wanna know a lot of stuff first, right?

We say:
“Lord, show me the way.”  “Lord, how can I know?” “God, can’t you see what is happening to me?” “How can this or that be?” "What am I supposed to do?!!!" “Unless I see this or that evidence, I can’t believe!” And so we complain that “trust and obey” is often way too difficult, seems irrational - almost superstitious!

It’s easy to trust God when everything seems fantastic and it’s all “blue skies and rainbows." But it’s when things get tough that we find our faith tested.

Here’s an excellent post about having faith, despite our many questions and doubts: https://joemckeever.com/wp/hardest-part-christian-life/