Calling Flat Earthers! Live from International Space Station

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Calling Flat Earthers! Live from International Space Station

Post by Philip »

Flat Earthers, hide your eyes! :D

Pretty cool, here's a (mostly) live feed of from the International Space Station as it moves over the earth in low-earth orbit (at an altitude of about 270 miles, at a speed of about 17,154 miles per hour, along with sunrises, sunsets, position coordinates, locations below noted, and two views - straight down and an angled camera showing the curvature of the earth. And set to very relaxing music! At night you will see light from cities and sometimes lightening storms.

Note: You will occasionally see a loss of signal whenever the space station is over the earth's night side (or when it is sometimes being used for various operational purposes) - but soon to resume. When offline due to one of the previously mentioned reasons, archived footage is broadcast - again, with the live feed soon resuming. You'll know if the feed is offline / showing archived footage as it will be indicated in the top / right portion of the picture. But if currently offline, the live feed will pick up again (and no, the interruption isn't because alien craft flew by :lol:).

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U9A06vrYXc
Armyman
Recognized Member

Re: Calling Flat Earthers! Live from International Space Station

Post by Armyman »

Seriously why does this movement exist? It's as silly as the inverted earth idea.
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Calling Flat Earthers! Live from International Space Station

Post by Fliegender »

Armyman wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:02 pm Seriously why does this movement exist? It's as silly as the inverted earth idea.
Excuse me but the inverted earth does exist. I’ve been to the Southern Hemisphere...
9849C37A-B0FD-4112-973A-3AFB7DAD21C0.jpeg
9849C37A-B0FD-4112-973A-3AFB7DAD21C0.jpeg (31.46 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
I had trouble not falling off the earth.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill