Profound C.S. Lewis' Quotes

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Profound C.S. Lewis' Quotes

Post by Philip »

“If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.”
― C.S. Lewis

I came across this - a wonderful collection of some really wise insights and wisdom from the great Christian author and thinker C.S. Lewis!

https://www.kevinhalloran.net/best-c-s-lewis-quotes/
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Profound C.S. Lewis' Quotes

Post by 1over137 »

“If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.”
― C.S. Lewis
Great quote.
I myself am not believer because I want to get to heaven or what. I do not believe because I get something or what, I believe because I was searching for truth. Even if truth would not be 'tasty' I would not close my eyes and subconsciously refuse the truth.
Truth is truth and there is only one truth.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Profound C.S. Lewis' Quotes

Post by 1over137 »

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.”
― C.S. Lewis
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart