Are you going to get Vaccinated? Why, why not?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Are you going to get Vaccinated? Why, why not?

Post by Nessa »

New Zealand has now been on nationwide lockdown for about two weeks after a resurgence of the virus.

They are rolling out the vaccine at high rates including drive through options. Some people are waiting in their cars for several hours to get their shot. But the government are running out.

First NZ vaccine death has just been in the news.

In NZ you can get vacinated if you are 12 - 15 and over 30.

I haven't had it.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Are you going to get Vaccinated? Why, why not?

Post by DBowling »

Nessa wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:52 pm New Zealand has now been on nationwide lockdown for about two weeks after a resurgence of the virus.

They are rolling out the vaccine at high rates including drive through options. Some people are waiting in their cars for several hours to get their shot. But the government are running out.

I haven't had it.
I am fully vaccinated (2 Pfizer shots) and so is my family.
I chose to get vaccinated because the vaccines have been demonstrated to be safe, effective and most importantly to me... they save human lives.

There is a LOT of misinformation on the internet and in some media outlets about the covid vaccines. And Christians are not immune to misinformation.

Here is a quick data point that should put some things in perspective.
In the US around 50% of the population is vaccinated.
The Delta variant is currently sweeping through the US, and in some parts of the country hospitals are being overrun and deaths are increasing rapidly.

Guess what...
The increased hospitalizations and deaths are NOT from vaccinated people dying from vaccine reactions.
The increased hospitalizations and deaths ARE from unvaccinated people who are contracting the Delta variant at an alarming rate.

With millions of people across the world vaccinated, covid is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated, whether through choice or unavailability.

The most important single piece of advice I can give you is...
Talk to your doctor.
Your doctor should know your personal medical situation, and the truth about the safety and effectiveness of the covid vaccines.
If you trust your doctor regarding your health in general, you should trust your doctor's recommendations regarding the covid vaccine.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
I chose to get vaccinated because the vaccines have been demonstrated to be safe, effective and most importantly to me... they save human lives.
I see you’re still oblivious to reality.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:52 pm New Zealand has now been on nationwide lockdown for about two weeks after a resurgence of the virus.

I haven't had it.
Nessa,

As I said before, each person has to weigh his/her own personal situation. If you’re a healthy woman in your 40’s with no comorbidities, the chances are extremely remote that you’ll have serious complications if you get Covid. That’s a fact. Remember, there is absolutely no long term safety data on these vaccines.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:24 am
DBowling wrote:
I see you’re still oblivious to reality.
Oh... for heaven's sake!!
Haven't you learned anything from Delta in Florida???

Can we at least agree on my recommendation?
Talk to your doctor.
Your doctor should know your personal medical situation, and the truth about the safety and effectiveness of the covid vaccines.
If you trust your doctor regarding your health in general, you should trust your doctor's recommendations regarding the covid vaccine.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:

Let’s see, as far as the vaccine being effective…

We were told that we need to get the vaccine to protect grandma, who is unable to get the vaccine.
The reality as we know now, is that was misinformation. People who have gotten the vaccine can and do spread the virus to others. So, the vaccine is not effective in that sense.

Next, we were told that the vaccine prevents people from being sick once they’re fully vaccinated.
The reality as we know now, is that was misinformation. People who are fully vaccinated are getting severely sick, and even dying from Covid.
DBowling wrote:

Talk to your doctor.
I’d say I don’t necessarily disagree with your statement, other than the part about it being the “most important single piece of advice”.

I think with this issue, as with everything else, we need to do our own research.

One other crucial point I need to make, is that the vaccines were made to fight against the original Covid strain, and not the variants. If my theory is right, we are going to see more and more vaccinated getting sick from Delta. Just like we are going to see people who have natural immunity from the original Covid strand, getting sick from the variants.

It’ll turn into a perpetual push for “booster” shots.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:17 am
DBowling wrote:

Let’s see, as far as the vaccine being effective…
...yadda... yadda...
Been there done that...
We've already discussed that at length... our discussions are out there for anyone to browse and draw their own conclusions about who is telling the truth.
No need to poison the boards again

Let's focus on what we can agree on...
DBowling wrote:

Talk to your doctor.
I’d say I don’t necessarily disagree with your statement, other than the part about it being the “most important single piece of advice”.
Well... that's pretty darn close to agreement.
So, I'll look at the silver lining.
I think with this issue, as with everything else, we need to do our own research.
And a very important part of that research involves consulting our personal doctor who can answer our questions and wade through what we hear on the internet or media outlets and tell us the truth.

If anyone is confused about what is really true... don't trust me... don't trust Rick and Stu...
Trust someone you're already trusting with your health... your personal doctor.

If more people would listen to their doctors about the covid vaccine, there would be a whole lot less dead people... in the US... and yes... in Florida too.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
If more people would listen to their doctors about the covid vaccine, there would be a whole lot less dead people... in the US... and yes... in Florida too.
Even if the doctors didn’t recommend the vaccine? Because I know of plenty of doctors that won’t recommend the Covid vaccine to many of their patients.

I still maintain that it’s not about the vaccinations when seeing who gets severely ill or dies from Covid. It’s overwhelmingly about the health of the individual. In my hospital, the person who brings out the people who have died, told me that almost every person that has died with Covid, was extremely overweight. If we want people to stop dying with Covid, we as a nation, need to become healthier. Obese diabetics are prime candidates for severe illness when contracting Covid.
Been there done that...
We've already discussed that at length... our discussions are out there for anyone to browse and draw their own conclusions about who is telling the truth.
It’s not poisoning the boards to tell the truth that you don’t want to acknowledge. You vaccine pushers don’t want to see anything that goes against your narrative. As long as you keep posting misinformation, I’ll keep showing why you’re posts are inaccurate.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:34 am
DBowling wrote:
It’s not poisoning the boards to tell the truth that you don’t want to acknowledge.
But it is poisoning the boards when Christians personally attack, and lie about other Christians who are telling the truth on a Christian board.

That kind of behavior between Christians dishonors the name of Christ and damages the credibility of a board whose purpose is to promote truth about God and Science.

And that is where this discussion has gone in the past.
And I share the blame.

I really don't want to go there again.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:04 pm
RickD wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:34 am
DBowling wrote:
It’s not poisoning the boards to tell the truth that you don’t want to acknowledge.
But it is poisoning the boards when Christians personally attack, and lie about other Christians who are telling the truth on a Christian board.

That kind of behavior between Christians dishonors the name of Christ and damages the credibility of a board whose purpose is to promote truth about God and Science.

Where specifically did I lie and personally attack you in this thread?

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:10 pm
DBowling wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:04 pm But it is poisoning the boards when Christians personally attack, and lie about other Christians who are telling the truth on a Christian board.

Where specifically did I lie and personally attack you in this thread?
"And that is where this discussion has gone in the past"

Don't wanna go there again.
(Like I said, those discussions are open for anyone to browse and make their own determination about who is spreading "misinformation")

For the benefit of Nessa (and anyone else following this thread), I am content to focus on where we can agree.
(I edited out the part you didn't like)
DBowling wrote:

Talk to your doctor.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
And that is where this discussion has gone in the past"

Don't wanna go there again.
(Like I said, those discussions are open for anyone to browse and make their own determination about who is spreading "misinformation")
Ok, you are free to not respond, if you believe it may get to the point of personal insults, and lies. But as I said before, when you continue to say that the mRNA Covid vaccines are safe and effective, I’m not going to ignore your misinformation. I’ve already posted facts that show those vaccines are not safe and effective.
DBowling wrote:
For the benefit of Nessa (and anyone else following this thread), I am content to focus on where we can agree.
(I edited out the part you didn't like)

Talk to your doctor.
I agree that people should do their own research, and that would include talking to their doctor.

I can only say that one should trust his doctor if the doctor bases his opinions on facts and science.

I had my son's pediatrician get mad at me when I told him that I didn’t want him to give my (at the time) 12 year old son an HPV vaccination. In that instance, I determined that I no longer trusted that doctor. So, one's personal doctor can be a good source of information, but as with anything else, we are our own best advocate for our health.

If I had a dollar everytime a “professional” health care person used the self defeating argument that people who have recovered from Covid, or any other virus, should get Vaccinated, I’d have retired by now.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa,

Getting back to your question…

If you, or anyone, has decided absolutely to get the Covid vaccine, I'd recommend looking into a non mRNA vaccine. A vaccine with the technology that has been around long term.

Since flu vaccines have been around for many years, we know pretty well their dangers and long term safety. I’ve gotten flu shots in the past, and in the right situation, I’d have no problem getting them again. But these mRNA vaccines(Moderna and Pfizer) have already shown to be harmful in the short term. And that’s without even knowing long term effects.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: Where specifically did I lie and personally attack you in this thread?
Guys: We're simply not going to go here again, attacking each other personally over a stupid argument about Covid - and redundantly so! If you need to delve into who caused whatever supposed personal attacks, please take it up in private. I'm not going to try to figure out who is right or wrong, as I will start deleting posts that I can almost guarantee will unnecessarily crank up trouble. There is a TON of opinions on this matter, all over web - so, go FISH and decide for yourselves.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:15 pm Nessa,

Getting back to your question…

If you, or anyone, has decided absolutely to get the Covid vaccine, I'd recommend looking into a non mRNA vaccine. A vaccine with the technology that has been around long term.

Since flu vaccines have been around for many years, we know pretty well their dangers and long term safety. I’ve gotten flu shots in the past, and in the right situation, I’d have no problem getting them again. But these mRNA vaccines(Moderna and Pfizer) have already shown to be harmful in the short term. And that’s without even knowing long term effects.
In NZ we are using Pfizer only but have provisional approval for the astra one. As I say we are running out and are not due for another shipment til end of October.
The government might end up getting another vaccine if they can't get more Pfizer in time.

Just about all cases right now are in Auckland and a handful in Wellington. (Over 700 cases at the mo)

Hubby is against the vaccine and I am more on the fence but not for it per se. I would be getting it out of fear, which is not a good motivation.

My spiritual mentor/friend is 75 and her hubby had booked her in and then she lost her peace and feels not to do it. Good on her for doing what she feels God says for her.

I am more on the fence because of vulnerable people like my mum who might not survive the virus.