God and Science

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: God and Science

Post by Philip »

Louries: There are so many complex things in this world from the beginning of the universe. Wouldn't you think that there is a superior entity/creator of all of this? Science explains all of gods reasons for creating every single thing in the universe.
Louries, welcome to the forum! And you are correct, the complex designs and interactive functionalities of so many things and systems point to our designer God. So, while I see you believe in God, you apparently are not a Christian? Can you please explain why that is? :)
GBAppss
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by GBAppss »

Not sure what your point is? The scientific METHOD is not fickle - it is consistent. But do the findings of scientific research and understandings, over time, can definitely reveal that theories once held to not be validated by subsequent data? Of course. And there ARE limits to what science is capable of showing us - because it's tools are unable to examine beyond the physical / observable. y:-/
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

GBAppss: Not sure what your point is? The scientific METHOD is not fickle - it is consistent. But do the findings of scientific research and understandings, over time, can definitely reveal that theories once held to not be validated by subsequent data? Of course. And there ARE limits to what science is capable of showing us - because it's tools are unable to examine beyond the physical / observable. y:-/
GBAppss,welcome to the forum. Let me rephrase what I wrote - as it IS unclear.

Better: The scientific METHOD is not fickle - it is consistent. But cannot the findings of scientific research and understandings, over time, definitely reveal that theories once held, to not be validated by subsequent data? Of course. But there ARE limits to what science is capable of showing us - because its tools are unable to examine beyond the physical / observable.

And what I mean by the above is, even though God created the universe and it's mind-blowing precision of processes and functionalities, the physical is ALL science is capable of discerning and examining. So, while the universe's massive complexities, intricate designs, and functionalities reveal that there HAD to be an Intelligence behind the universe, Science can only examine what was created / the physical, and not the METAphysical / attributes of God. Science cannot prove or disprove ANYTHING in the spiritual realm / beyond the physical. But scientific discoveries CAN point to astounding statistical improbabilities so mind-blowing that it takes immense faith to believe the universe has no Intelligence behind it.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

GBAppss is probably a spammer. There was a website link in his user profile under the website section.
GBAppss has earned the Warning.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Glad that, behind the scenes, Hana, our GodandScience "Wizard of Oz" is on top of all things technical and spammy! :D
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I am. Doing today some backup and pruning. :wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hello, Ariana11 and welcome to the forum! Share a bit about yourself, if you like. :)

Welcome!
Clarar
Newbie Member

Post by Clarar »

Hi everyone
I think...
The concept of "God" varies greatly among different cultures, religions, and philosophical traditions.
Science is a systematic and organized approach to understanding the natural world through observation, experimentation, and evidence-based reasoning
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Clarar wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:33 am Hi everyone
I think...
The concept of "God" varies greatly among different cultures, religions, and philosophical traditions.
Science is a systematic and organized approach to understanding the natural world through observation, experimentation, and evidence-based reasoning
Hello, Clarar, and welcome to Godandscience.org!

Yes, you are correct, in that various cultures have differing religions and philosophical beliefs. And science is a process that observes the physical - but it can't measure beyond that. But science can and does indeed reveal to us many things about the Trinitarian God of Christianity. And belief in THAT God does not conflict with science, and in fact, science, properly understood, points to the necessity of His existence! Also, an informed understanding of Christianity shows it not to be a religion, as ALL religions are very different and have one great commonality: These many religions, instead, ALL seek to please their god or gods to gain their whatever versions of heaven or a pleasant afterlife by doing good stuff / having good moral behavior / ritualistic behaviors to earn their deities' favor. But NO one can earn the Christian God's favor through their many good efforts. As He requires but one thing: Faith and belief in the ONE God of the Bible and His Son Jesus (also fully God but also having taken on the form of a man), belief in His death and Resurrection from the dead, AND (the key component) committing oneself heart and mind to following Him as their Lord. Mere belief in Jesus without having this mind / hear commitment to Him does not meet God's requirement.

Again, welcome - ask questions, etc!
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

Clarar wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:33 am Hi everyone
I think...
Hmmm...you sound like someone who has made science into a god. You’ve obviously never heard of bunk science: Piltdown Man, Lamarckism, vaccines-cause-autism to name just a few.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
moriswayne
Newbie Member

Post by moriswayne »

SilasCole wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:23 am I think many who uphold science forget first that science is extremely fickle and in constant flux. seriously, a published article written five years ago may be 'dated' information now,Instagram Plusten years maybe on the general track, 20 years, it's backwards or embarrassing 50 or more, the information is laughable or absurd. Look at a science book from the renaissance and compare the information with what we have today.

Second, the notion of science is purely objective field is a recent development, probably less than 400 yrs in practice, which is very short time in terms of world history. Even in 1687 Harvard university was still teaching Aristotle's work in physics, Ptolemy in astronomy, and Galen in medicine and likely continued well into the 1770s when fluency in Greek and Latin were the mark of an educated person.
Simple answer is that Whole universe is created by GOD 8)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

moriswayne wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:59 pm
Simple answer is that Whole universe is created by GOD 8)
Ding, ding - I think we have a winner!

Hello, Moris - welcome to the GodandScience forum!
priyaleon12
Newbie Member

Post by priyaleon12 »

God and science, often viewed as disparate realms, coexist beautifully. Science unravels the mysteries of creation, showcasing the brilliance of God's design. The pursuit of knowledge, whether through faith or reason, enriches our understanding of existence, fostering harmony between spirituality and scientific inquiry.