Kenny,Kenny wrote: ↑Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:29 amC'mon Rick you makin' this too easy! Okay here goes....RickD wrote: ↑Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:11 amWorldwide, you say?Kenny wrote: ↑Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:35 amI said PEOPLE not Americans. The vast majority of people would wide do not identify as Christian.RickD wrote: ↑Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:59 amThat's patently false.Kenny asserted without proof:
One thing every religion has in common is that they are each rejected by the vast majority of people.
Depending on the poll, around 66 to 80 percent of Americans, identify as Christians.
Do you even think when you post, or do you just blurt out any bs that comes to mind?
Do you actually read what I say or do you just blurt out what ever bs that comes to mind? (LOL)
Ok. According to this link, people identifying with Christianity, make up approximately 33% of the world's population. And those identifying with Islam, make up approximately 24% of the world's population. So, when we add up only those two religions, that makes up approximately 57% of the world's population. And like I said, that doesn't include other religions.
With that said, your statement is still patently false. Every religion is not rejected by the vast majority of people. I just showed you where the two most popular religions worldwide, are in fact ACCEPTED by the majority of people.
So I ask again, do you even think when you post?
Notice I said each religion (not theism) is rejected by the majority. So according to your figures, Christianity (the largest religion in the world) makes up 33% of the world's population. That means it is rejected by 67% of the world's population. 67>33 thus my argument stands.
The majority of the world's population believes in a creator God. So, while your point about each religion on its own, being rejected by the majority of people, still stands, your point is meaningless, when it comes to the discussion at hand, which is theism, a belief in a creator God. So, you may think your sneaky little answer is cute, but it didn't really address the point that Nils was making.