I'll keep you in suspense?!?!?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

I'll keep you in suspense?!?!?

Post by edwardmurphy »

Wow.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: I'll keep you in suspense?!?!?

Post by Kurieuo »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I kind of expect all hell to break loose no matter who gets in.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

You're probably not wrong. To some extent it will depend on the margins. If Clinton wins in a massive landslide - which is starting to seem like a possibility - then the Republicans will have to tread lightly. They'd have to respect the mandate of the voters, at least until the midterms. If it's close then we're looking at business as usual. A Trump win would be a huge mess regardless of the margins. He's petty and vindictive and he's already feuding with everybody but Jeff Sessions.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

edwardmurphy wrote:You're probably not wrong. To some extent it will depend on the margins. If Clinton wins in a massive landslide - which is starting to seem like a possibility - then the Republicans will have to tread lightly. They'd have to respect the mandate of the voters, at least until the midterms. If it's close then we're looking at business as usual. A Trump win would be a huge mess regardless of the margins. He's petty and vindictive and he's already feuding with everybody but Jeff Sessions.
Perhaps we can agree on something.

I expect if Trump gets in, Obama will make things hell in the last couple of months. Military order may even come in. Civil war could break out, Trump could very be assassinated to prevent his "draining the swap", anything is possible really. The amount of corruption that appears rife, very powerful people will want to keep under wraps.

If Clinton gets in, seen how many people attend his rallies around the country? Some even call out revolution and the like. Pence had to put one person in their place recently. Many people who attend such are ready to rise up, are fed up with the established order between Republicans and Democrats. Military will be needed and all hell will really break loose. Trump would likely condone such actions i.e., that's what I read into the "I'll keep you in suspense."

I wouldn't feel good putting a probability value on either case, but I don't see the results of this election as pretty.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

edwardmurphy wrote:You're probably not wrong. To some extent it will depend on the margins. If Clinton wins in a massive landslide - which is starting to seem like a possibility - then the Republicans will have to tread lightly.
Open question, what polls do you go by? I do not listen to media driven polls.

Media would have you think Clinton is winning by a landslide, you could be disappointed. I've come to pay attention to: http://cesrusc.org/election/ as well as what Rasmussen reports. Such have both neck and neck nationally.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

Kurieuo wrote: Open question, what polls do you go by? I do not listen to media driven polls.
I don't go by a single poll. RCP (Real Clear Politics) uses an average of polls concept which has proven to be pretty accurate.

Here is a link to the RCP General Election poll.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -5952.html

Since the US actually chooses it's President by the Electoral College, a more relevant RCP link for me is their Electoral Map, where you can see polling averages for each individual state. You can also see which candidates are leading in which states, and which states are 'tossups'. It also shows how close each candidate is to the 270 electoral votes that they need to become President.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... e_map.html
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Thanks DB.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Kurieuo wrote:Perhaps we can agree on something.

I like rugby. I played flanker and wing in college and on a men's side for a few years after. Maybe we can agree that rugby is a great game and flanker is a great position...?

I'm not with you on your predictions, though.
Kurieuo wrote:I expect if Trump gets in, Obama will make things hell in the last couple of months. Military order may even come in. Civil war could break out, Trump could very be assassinated to prevent his "draining the swap", anything is possible really. The amount of corruption that appears rife, very powerful people will want to keep under wraps.
None of those things will happen.

Clinton will concede, Trump will take office, and life will go on. The very powerful people know what many seem unaware of - the Presidency is a powerful position, but that power is limited by Congress and the Supreme Court. If Trump tries to rock the boat too hard he'll find that all of his initiatives get bogged down in Congress and go nowhere. And that's assuming that Trump even means anything that he says (he doesn't) or has any notion of how to accomplish it (he doesn't). He'll be an angry, divisive, ineffective, one term President, assuming he doesn't get himself impeached. He'll make us all look stupid from time to time, but I doubt he'll destroy the country.
Kurieuo wrote:If Clinton gets in, seen how many people attend his rallies around the country? Some even call out revolution and the like. Pence had to put one person in their place recently. Many people who attend such are ready to rise up, are fed up with the established order between Republicans and Democrats. Military will be needed and all hell will really break loose. Trump would likely condone such actions i.e., that's what I read into the "I'll keep you in suspense."
Nope.

A handful of self-styled militias will spout off about revolution, and maybe a few Cliven Bundy types will occupy a post office or something. The FBI and the ATF will sort them out, the pundits will call them crazy extremists, and then it will all get buried by an avalanche of cat videos, NFL highlights, and Kardashian sex scandals. People with heat, food, and cable may ***** a lot, but they don't rebel. There's an outside chance that some crazy guy might take a shot at Clinton, but I doubt it. Nobody ever took a shot at Obama, despite some pretty hated, racially charged, violent rhetoric.

Politically, the Republican Party will probably split into new conservative and populist parties. That would be interesting. It might even be good for the conservative movement, since right now they're painted into a corner by their need to race bait for the base while simultaneously courting support from Latino voters. If they lose 20 million angry white guys to Trump they'll be free to try something different.

Also, I also get polling info from RealClearPolitics, same as DB.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Really? After Bush/Gore inwhich liberals contested the election and never really considered Bush the President? That is just one example liberals have a history of contesting elections.If anybody contests this election it will be Hillary if Trump wins claiming Russia hacked our system and helped Trump win.Hillary should be asked if she will accept the results not just Trump.This is another example of liberals accusing somebody of what they themselves do - contest elections.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
AreEl
Recognized Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Considering a move to North Parricide in Jacob's Bosom.

Post by AreEl »

edwardmurphy wrote:[Trump will] make us all look stupid from time to time...
No need to use the future tense, eduardo.
Doing nothing is hard. You never know when you are finished.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

AreEl wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:[Trump will] make us all look stupid from time to time...
No need to use the future tense, eduardo.
Remember,

Canada is the shadow of the U. S. Where we go, Canada will soon follow.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

The President is controlled by Congress but the President does have alot more power than people realize. Like being the President allows you to control immigration.I agree it will be tough for Trump to get his agenda through if the Republican Party opposes him.

But one thing Trump needs to do right off the bat is replace people in the government appointed by liberals,neo-con Republicans,etc alot of times these people get to keep their jobs like Bush allowed most to keep their jobs,Obama has replaced many and these need to be replaced.

When Trump is President he is still going to be reaching out to the people who voted for him,especially if Congress opposes him once in office. He will ask these people be voted out of office if they oppose him.He will say we need to elect people who truly want to make America great again,etc and not keep doing things the same way.Also more government corruption will come out.

You are fooling yourself if you can't see real change coming for the better for America and the American people.We should expect to see Islamic terrorist attacks because of Obama allowing in so many un-vetted Islamic refugees from Syria,etc until we get control of it. Trump brought it up last night in the debate when he said Thanks a lot Hillary.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

ACB, Trump is going to lose.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

edwardmurphy wrote:ACB, Trump is going to lose.
I think you're going to be dissapointed.We'll see.You believe the polls,which I don't. Did you know that Obama's polling people polled the Brexit vote in Europe and they were off by 10 points and the whole time they said remain was winning?And the media were all saying remain is going to win,just like our biased media is now. Brexit won though.I would not trust the polls right now anyway because if they are truly concerned with accurate polls then they should get more accurate the closer we get a week or two from the election.Also the polls you trust are based on 2012 turn out results and there is no reason to think Hillary will get as many votes as Obama did.You won't know until election night.

Katabole
Valued Member

Post by Katabole »

RickD wrote:Remember,

Canada is the shadow of the U. S. Where we go, Canada will soon follow.
Actually, if Clinton is elected, the US will follow Canada. We were doing OK until last Fall.

Last Fall, 37% of the Canadian electorate gave the Liberals (the Canadian equivalent of the Democrats in the US), a majority in the House of Commons for the next four years.

Since then, the Liberals who during the election said they would increase our national debt by ten billion, instead increased it by thirty billion for no apparent reason.

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, forbid anyone to run in his party if they were pro life.

They changed the words of our national anthem to make it gender neutral so it would not offend anyone.

They decriminalized oral sex with animals.

Our Prime Minister became the first to march in a gay pride parade.

The federal government just gave the United Nations hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer dollars in order to gain a seat of influence.

They have given tens of millions of dollars to countries in Africa to combat global warming and not hunger.

They just recently voted to impose a carbon tax on the entire Canadian population not for the benefit of the environment, but to line the pockets of Liberal donors and Liberal businesses.

In fact, the PM has already broken 52 of his election promises.

Now, in our most populated province Ontario, the openly gay Premier Kathleen Wynne, (the Canadian equivalent of Hillary Clinton), plans on redefining the family by changing the words mother and father to "birth parents" to gender neutral titles, so it would not offend anyone from the LGBTQ community. And that should be national law soon, not just one province.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... tral-terms

You better expect America to follow Canada if Clinton is elected, especially with huge tax increases including the following Clinton proposed taxes:

http://www.atr.org/list-hillary-tax-hikes

1/ Trillion dollar tax hike – Hillary’s tax hike proposals will raise taxes on the American people by over $1,000,000,000,000 over the next ten years, based on her campaign’s own numbers.

2/ Payroll Tax Hike – Hillary said she would not veto a payroll tax increase on all Americans should such a bill reach her desk. She said she would set her middle class tax pledge aside. This took place Jan. 12 in Iowa, and it’s on video:

Moderator: “Democrats have introduced a plan that Senator Sanders supports that you’ve come out against because it is funded by a payroll tax. If that were to reach your desk as President, would you veto it in order to make good on your tax pledge?”

Hillary Clinton: “No. No.”

3/ Soda Tax Hike – Hillary endorsed a steep new soda pop tax in Philadelphia. This will cost soda purchasers an extra $2.16 per 12-pack. Bernie Sanders called out Hillary’s violation of her middle class tax pledge:

"Frankly, I am very surprised that Secretary Clinton would support this regressive tax after pledging not to raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000. This proposal clearly violates her pledge," he said.

Sanders also said: “The mechanism here is fairly regressive. And that is, it will be increasing taxes on low-income and working people.”

4/ 25% National Gun Tax – Hillary endorsed a new national 25% retail sales tax on guns. “I am all for that,” she told the Senate in 1993. On June 5, 2016 she was asked about her gun tax endorsement by George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s This Week. She acknowledged her gun tax endorsement and did not disavow it, saying she wanted the gun tax money to pay for Hillarycare.

5/ Doubling of federal excise tax on guns -- Hillary also endorsed a doubling of the existing federal excise tax on guns.

6/ 65% Death Tax – Hillary is now pushing a 65% Death Tax. And her own finances are arranged to shield herself from death taxes.

7/ Capital Gains Tax Hike – Hillary has proposed the most complex and Byzantine capital gains tax regime in American history, with ten different rates. She raises the top capital gains tax rate from 23.8% to 43.4%.

8/ No Corporate Income Tax Rate Relief for Anyone – Hillary offers no income tax rate reduction for any business. The USA has the highest corporate income tax in the world, which kills jobs and makes us less competitive. Even Bill Clinton understands the need to cut the corporate rate.

9/ No Personal Income Tax Rate Relief for Anyone – Hillary offers no income tax rate reduction for any American.

10/ Carbon Tax – Hillary’s campaign has opened the door to a carbon tax if she wins the White House. Democrat Senate Leader Chuck Schumer is also fantasizing about a carbon tax under Hillary, and a carbon tax is part of the official 2016 Democrat party platform.

But hey, for your news sources, just watch a so-called atheist like Bill Maher on 'Real Time' (I really think Maher is just an anti-Christian, antagonistic bigot and a dishonest atheist). He will tell you that if you vote for Trump then you're a F&*#@&^ idiot because in Bill's little world where he defines what is right and wrong on national television in the Maher Gospel, Trump is an immoral person and he is not.

It is so moronically ironic, it's laughable.

Ahh, the Liberal Mind. The place where logic, reason and morality go to die.

I hope you have better luck in the good ol' USA.
There are two types of people in our world: those who believe in Christ and those who will.

If Christianity is a man-made religion, then why is its doctrine vehemently against all of man's desires?

Every one that is of the truth hears my voice. Jesus from John 18:37