Lucid Dreaming

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Lucid Dreaming

Post by IceMobster »

Did you ever have a lucid dream? For those who don't know, lucid dream is, simply, a dream in which you realize you are dreaming which allows you to control the dream as you see fit.
Do any of you experience this on a regular basis?

Now, even though it is similar to astral projection, it is not the same, so keep that in mind.

And yeah, does any of you believe this is Satan's work? Because, I have encountered such Christians... who claim you can't worship 2 gods at the same time implying you are worshiping Satan while lucid dreaming.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Lucid Dreaming

Post by Kurieuo »

What the, worshiping Satan? Gawd I wish I knew at the time.

I've had several. From memory, they normally become lucid when someones chasing me, or while/after falling. I'll take control, and it becomes all weird and strange. The story just falls a part. And eventually I wake myself up often due to boredom. No real surprises happen, everything kind of stops in a way once I take control.

Sometimes, after hitting the ground after falling (and dying) I'm now in someone elses body observing, or hovering around realising, "oh it's just a dream." Wonder if that's what I"ll think after dying now. I'll be like, "oh, it's just another lucid dream." Before I realising, "oh dang, can't wake myself up from this one." :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

IceMobster wrote:Did you ever have a lucid dream? For those who don't know, lucid dream is, simply, a dream in which you realize you are dreaming which allows you to control the dream as you see fit.
Do any of you experience this on a regular basis?kinda. I dream and know im dreaming, can klinda guide it, explore it.

Now, even though it is similar to astral projection, it is not the same, so keep that in mind.lucid dreaming is kinda just awareness, astral projection, more new age

And yeah, does any of you believe this is Satan's work? why would it be?Because, I have encountered such Christians... who claim you can't worship 2 gods at the same time implying you are worshiping Satan while lucid dreaming.or just using your brain.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Kurieuo wrote:What the, worshiping Satan? Gawd I wish I knew at the time.

I've had several. From memory, they normally become lucid when someones chasing me, or while/after falling. I'll take control, and it becomes all weird and strange. The story just falls a part. And eventually I wake myself up often due to boredom. No real surprises happen, everything kind of stops in a way once I take control.

Sometimes, after hitting the ground after falling (and dying) I'm now in someone elses body observing, or hovering around realising, "oh it's just a dream." Wonder if that's what I"ll think after dying now. I'll be like, "oh, it's just another lucid dream." Before I realising, "oh dang, can't wake myself up from this one." :P
I fly in mine.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

It's fun when Satan gives... err.. we have the power to fly around.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I remember one time I was in a dream and I felt scared to death...
I yelled out 'God, help me! Save me! Get me out of here!' and immediately I felt this rushing feeling and then woke up.

The rushing feeling was exactly like the feeling I have experienced after being given general anesthetic...Your body being rushed to somewhere else. Everything around you is flying past you kinda thing.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

What about sleep paralysis? I've read the two (lucid dreams and sleep paralysis) go hand in hand (i.e. sleep paralysis occurs before or, usually, after the dream took place).
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Just looked up 'sleep paralysis' to ensure I understand it:
  • "Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes."
I think I've had it? When I try to wake myself up, I feel like I'm consciously awake and I'm trying to get up but my body won't lift. Like I'm still captured by the dream state. But, I keep trying and eventually I wake up with a deep breath and involuntary action like sitting up, legs kicked or arm flinging out. Sound like something like it?

Other times, I've tried waking myself up after realising I'm in a dream. And I wake up, go do my routine and then things start going a bit wierd... and then well, I really wake up and it's like, "oh, do I really have to go through the routine again." Sometimes I'm thankful I woke up, because I was running late -- but now I'm really awake everything is back on time. :P

Or how about when you're sleeping and really busting to go toilet. You go toilet. And then a few seconds after you're busting again and running to try find a toilet. And you go again. And then you're busting again. And it's like what the?! And then you wake up, and you're busting and finally find the relief you were looking for in your sleep (provided you didn't wet the bed right? ;)).
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

My dreams have been terrifying me lately. It's sad. Sleep was one of the only things I looked forward to. :sleep:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

IceMobster wrote:What about sleep paralysis? I've read the two (lucid dreams and sleep paralysis) go hand in hand (i.e. sleep paralysis occurs before or, usually, after the dream took place).
If by sleep paralysis, you mean waking up, and being paralyzed, it's happened to me at least 3 times. The first time it happened, it scared the crap out of me. I laid there for what seemed like 5 minutes, not being able to move, at all. Then it finally went away.

The next time it happened, I woke up, couldn't move, and said, "oh, this again". And then just went back to sleep.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Are you like awake, awake Rick? Like eyes open?
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Kurieuo wrote:Are you like awake, awake Rick? Like eyes open?
Yeah, you can move your eyes and watch around. Nothing else, though. And yeah you are awake awake, not dream awake or anything else.
Kurieuo wrote:Just looked up 'sleep paralysis' to ensure I understand it:
  • "Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes."
I think I've had it? When I try to wake myself up, I feel like I'm consciously awake and I'm trying to get up but my body won't lift. Like I'm still captured by the dream state. But, I keep trying and eventually I wake up with a deep breath and involuntary action like sitting up, legs kicked or arm flinging out. Sound like something like it?
Yeah, this is probably it but what do you mean when you try to wake yourself up?
Kurieuo wrote: Other times, I've tried waking myself up after realising I'm in a dream. And I wake up, go do my routine and then things start going a bit wierd... and then well, I really wake up and it's like, "oh, do I really have to go through the routine again." Sometimes I'm thankful I woke up, because I was running late -- but now I'm really awake everything is back on time. :P
Ohhhhhh, I know this! I've had it as well. I got pretty mindfked when that happened.
Kurieuo wrote: Or how about when you're sleeping and really busting to go toilet. You go toilet. And then a few seconds after you're busting again and running to try find a toilet. And you go again. And then you're busting again. And it's like what the?! And then you wake up, and you're busting and finally find the relief you were looking for in your sleep (provided you didn't wet the bed right? ;)).
Woah, this is an extreme case of the one above, lol. Do you have this often?

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Are you like awake, awake Rick? Like eyes open?
Yes. Just like IceMobster said. Awake, and aware. But can only move my eyes.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Hortator wrote:My dreams have been terrifying me lately. It's sad. Sleep was one of the only things I looked forward to. :sleep:
Why so? How so? Describe some. :twisted:

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

IceMobster wrote:
Hortator wrote:My dreams have been terrifying me lately. It's sad. Sleep was one of the only things I looked forward to. :sleep:
Why so? How so? Describe some. :twisted:
Some chap sliced off my pointer-finger, and I didn't even react. But I was pretty nervous when I was in trouble with the law 2 nights ago, but they're all real hazy. For most I don't remember what happened, but I remembered how I felt.