Mars Has Women - er, I mean, Water!

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Mars Has Women - er, I mean, Water!

Post by Philip »

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/09/ ... -confirms/

OK, all of the "evolution is inevitable where there's water and there have also been a few basic conditions" believers will go crazy at this announcement. The pressure to fund ever more Mars expeditions will skyrocket. So there's water elsewhere - big whoopdie doo! You'd have thought they'd found the "missing link."

But beware:

And what if there are Islamic Martians who see us as invaders? :lol:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Mars Has Women - er, I mean, Water!

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/09/ ... -confirms/

OK, all of the "evolution is inevitable where there's water and there have also been a few basic conditions" believers will go crazy at this announcement. The pressure to fund ever more Mars expeditions will skyrocket. So there's water elsewhere - big whoopdie doo! You'd have thought they'd found the "missing link."

But beware:

And what if there are Islamic Martians who see us as invaders? :lol:
You think the expiditions to Mars will speed up because they've found water? What about if they find evidence of exctinct life on Mars? There is a Gap theorist that has written a book about it. His theory is that there was actually life on other planets and not just earth when Lucifer's flood happened and the whole Universe was flooded with water and it killed off the life on all planets not just the earth and he believes that NASA will discover evidence of dead life on Mars if they have'nt already and when they do it will fuel a great deception about how there is evidence of life on Mars and suddenly the shift will change as science searches for life on other planets but also theories will increase about how life originated here on earth and it will fuel a great deception in these last days and he wonders how YEC's and Christians in general will answer this kind of discovery. This is a very interesting theory and if true? Would just be more evidence the GapTheory is true and that in Lucifer's flood the Universe was flooded so much so the earth was out of and in the water 2nd Peter 3:5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of,that by the word of God the HEAVENS(Kosmos)were of old,and the earth STANDING OUT OF THE WATER and IN THE WATER:"
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ACB wrote:
You think the expiditions to Mars will speed up because they've found water? What about if they find evidence of exctinct life on Mars? There is a Gap theorist that has written a book about it. His theory is that there was actually life on other planets and not just earth when Lucifer's flood happened and the whole Universe was flooded with water and it killed off the life on all planets not just the earth and he believes that NASA will discover evidence of dead life on Mars if they have'nt already and when they do it will fuel a great deception about how there is evidence of life on Mars and suddenly the shift will change as science searches for life on other planets...
Oh, so that's what's meant by a universal flood. :shock:

Philip,
When I heard this on the news this morning, the newscaster was actually giddy. He was so excited about how this is an enormous scientific discovery. And how if there's water there, that means Mars can sustain life!

Maybe we all should sell all we own, and start a "Christian Community" there. :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
MBPrata
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by MBPrata »

Finding water doesn't necessarily imply life, we all know. Still, the Earth suddenly seems less special. I mean, I realize there is water (tons of it, apparently) in other Earth-like planets, but when it's your own "neighbor" rubbing water in our face...sigh! Sometimes I wonder if God is just giving us fake clues towards abiogenesis just to test us to the limit...
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Well, it might be safer on Mars, I NOW have it on good authority that there are NO women there! :D

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

All this stuff about finding water on Mars and Christians getting worried about it - I don't really understand. I would be surprised if you didn't find water on another planet in our solar system because our solar system is unique. I would be surprised if you didn't find simple life forms on other planets in this solar system for the same reasons. The issue here is finding advanced life forms and that is where the multitude of other factors come in. You need more than water for that. Much much more. And there has only been one other planet in the universe that has been discovered that meets those hundred of factors. Earth.

http://www.reasons.org/audio/evidence-f ... ws-on-mars
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

The bible actually tells us water is in outerspace.This water on Mars thing is not really nothing new.You can look at pictures of Mars and tell it atleast use to have water on it,and this was known even before this discovery that Mars use to have oceans of water,even before this discovery.However if they ever find life or even evidence of dead life don't under-estimate how it would change science and the scientific theories that would follow,because it would effect science and I think lead science the wrong way.I personally do not believe there is life on other planets and the bible does not seem to give an answer,however it is possible other planets use to have life on them before God made the earth a habitable place to create man.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:The bible actually tells us water is in outerspace.This water on Mars thing is not really nothing new.You can look at pictures of Mars and tell it atleast use to have water on it,and this was known even before this discovery that Mars use to have oceans of water,even before this discovery.However if they ever find life or even evidence of dead life don't under-estimate how it would change science and the scientific theories that would follow,because it would effect science and I think lead science the wrong way.I personally do not believe there is life on other planets and the bible does not seem to give an answer,however it is possible other planets use to have life on them before God made the earth a habitable place to create man.
The bible tells us water is in outer space?

Where does the bible say that?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:The bible actually tells us water is in outerspace.This water on Mars thing is not really nothing new.You can look at pictures of Mars and tell it atleast use to have water on it,and this was known even before this discovery that Mars use to have oceans of water,even before this discovery.However if they ever find life or even evidence of dead life don't under-estimate how it would change science and the scientific theories that would follow,because it would effect science and I think lead science the wrong way.I personally do not believe there is life on other planets and the bible does not seem to give an answer,however it is possible other planets use to have life on them before God made the earth a habitable place to create man.

Genesis 1:7. If you accept the GT and a universal flood of the universe -Lucifer's flood - that we believe 2nd Peter 3:5-6 refers to? That wiped out the former world then this is where God cleaned up the mess of the universal flood of the Universe and he probably removed water off of Mars too seeing that Mars used to have Oceans of water on it.God was making the earth a habitable place to create man.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:

Genesis 1:7. If you accept the GT and a universal flood of the universe -Lucifer's flood - that we believe 2nd Peter 3:5-6 refers to? That wiped out the former world then this is where God cleaned up the mess of the universal flood of the Universe and he probably removed water off of Mars too seeing that Mars used to have Oceans of water on it.God was making the earth a habitable place to create man.
Anyone that reads Genesis 1, can see it's quite a jump to think verse 7 is talking about water in outer space. Verse 7 is talking about separating the water in the earth's atmosphere. Separating what's in the sky, and on the surface of the land.

The bible makes no mention of God flooding the universe with water.

This is what we refer to when we say there's no biblical basis for believing in the Gap Theory.

If there's water on other planets, it's not because of some literally universal flood.

And to say there's water in outer space, and the bible says so, is not scripturally sound. Nor scientifically sound. Water in outer space? You do realize that in "outer space", there's no atmosphere conducive to the existence of water, don't you. Water on a planet is one thing. But water in outer space?

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yep, there's a gap in that boy's theory! :pound:
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:

Anyone that reads Genesis 1, can see it's quite a jump to think verse 7 is talking about water in outer space. Verse 7 is talking about separating the water in the earth's atmosphere. Separating what's in the sky, and on the surface of the land.

This is what we refer to when we say there's no biblical basis for believing in the Gap Theory.

If there's water on other planets, it's not because of some literally universal flood.

And to say there's water in outer space, and the bible says so, is not scripturally sound. Nor scientifically sound. Water in outer space? You do realize that in "outer space", there's no atmosphere conducive to the existence of water, don't you. Water on a planet is one thing. But water in outer space?
Not to be pedantic or anything - but technically water in outer space would be a comet.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Silvertusk wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:

Not to be pedantic or anything - but technically water in outer space would be a comet.
That's not water. That's frozen water. The whole topic is about liquid, flowing water.

-Edward R Murrow

JurassicTerrorist
Familiar Member

Post by JurassicTerrorist »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:

An universal flood? How does that make sense? Was the universe filled up with water, or was it only the planets? Wouldn't the majority of the water freeze then? I mean i know God can do anything, but wouldn't all that floating water in the universe freeze by the cold temperatures? :swhat: