God, from concept to existence

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Yrreg
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: God, from concept to existence

Post by Yrreg »

Yrreg wrote:Here is my concept of God, the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Since the universe exists and it has a beginning and everything we we know to exist has a beginning, then it follows that God as the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning exists.

What are your comments to my take on God, from concept to existence?

Everyone, please just concentrate first on the concept of God, namely, as the creator and operator of the universe and everything with a beginning.

When we have worked out a concurred on concept of God, then we will go to the next paragraph, namely:
Since the universe exists and it has a beginning and everything we we know to exist has a beginning, then it follows that God as the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning exists.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Yrreg wrote:
Yrreg wrote:Here is my concept of God, the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

What are your comments to my take on God, from concept to existence?

Everyone, please just concentrate first on the concept of God, namely, as the creator and operator of the universe and everything with a beginning.

When we have worked out a concurred on concept of God, then we will go to the next paragraph, namely:
I don't think you'll get everyone to agree on God.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Yrreg
Familiar Member

Post by Yrreg »

You see, we have got to work together to come to a mutually agreed on concept of God, for the sake of having the same God to prove or disprove the existence of.

As I am the author of this thread, "God, from concept to existence," may I propose that we all work on my information on the concept of God, namely, "in concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning."

So, what do you find unacceptable with my information on the concept of God?

We will work out what you find unacceptable so as to come to a mutually concurred on concept of God, in order that we have the same object in mind to prove its existence or non-existence.

Otherwise I submit that anyone can see that we will be (without a mutually concurred on concept of God) talking each one in his own direction, to prove or disprove the existence of God according to his own concept which is different from everyone's else.

You will ask me, is there already a mutually concurred on concept of God?

Yes, there is already one, namely, in the ancient texts of the Christian faith:

"In the beginning God made heaven and earth," -- Genesis 1:1

"I believe in God the Father almighty creator of heaven and earth." -- Apostles' Creed verse 1

My proposed information on the concept of God, namely, as the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning, is founded on those two quotations.

Please talk from your own thinking on facts and logic, no need to bring in writers unless these writers are also posting in this thread, in which case I will invite them to speak for themselves.

If you have adopted the ideas of writers, then just present their ideas and tell folks that you read them and they are not from yourselves, no need to present their identities.

And since you adopt their ideas, then I will take you to be into other people/s ideas as your own, and interact with you on the ideas as you put them forth, and I will not bother with the writers from whom you adopted the ideas.

So, best you do your own thinking on facts and logic, no need to depend on other people's ideas.

Suppose you don't have your own ideas? founded on your own thinking from facts and logic?

Then it is up to your intellectual discretion to decide whether you are going to present other people's ideas, or just read and react to ideas from posters here who have their very own ideas, founded on facts and logic.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I agree with your concept of God.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Yrreg
Familiar Member

Post by Yrreg »

Storyteller wrote:I agree with your concept of God.

I am glad that you concur with me on the concept of God, namely, the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

So, I will go directly now to the proof of God existing in concept as above stated.

But first let us all consider whether you can accept the idea of causality and also that the universe has a beginning, because though generally my proof is founded on facts and logic, still specifically in particular it is based on the idea of causality and also that the universe has a beginning.

As we move forward we or I might have to invite us all to work also on additional ideas, the acceptance of which by us all will enable us to arrive at certainty on the existence of God or non-existence of God.

So I will scan your posts to search for your concept of God and also your attitude toward the idea of causality and also that the universe has a beginning.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Yrreg wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I agree with your concept of God.

I am glad that you concur with me on the concept of God, namely, the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

So, I will go directly now to the proof of God existing in concept as above stated.

But first let us all consider whether you can accept the idea of causality and also that the universe has a beginning, because though generally my proof is founded on facts and logic, still specifically in particular it is based on the idea of causality and also that the universe has a beginning.

As we move forward we or I might have to invite us all to work also on additional ideas, the acceptance of which by us all will enable us to arrive at certainty on the existence of God or non-existence of God.

So I will scan your posts to search for your concept of God and also your attitude toward the idea of causality and also that the universe has a beginning.
Still with you!

Agree with causality, the universe had a begining and I think God created it with the Big Bang.
Yrreg
Familiar Member

Post by Yrreg »

Don't you have any difficulty with causation?

I really want to learn from atheists, obviously you are not one.

Atheists from my contacts with them, they deny the existence of causation.

Let me bring up one example on how they reason to the non-existence of causation.

On second thought, I had better wait for atheists to reply to my thoughts here on causation with me saying that they don't accept the idea of causation.

What about you, do you have any experience with atheists insisting that there is no causation?
Yrreg
Familiar Member

Post by Yrreg »

Unless some atheists come forward, you and I will look like we are singing in the same choir.

I just read earlier in The Thinking Atheist forum a brief thread against God existing from the universe as evidence.

Forgive me, atheists here, they look like singing in the same choir.

It is authored by an atheist who reproduced the argument of a Christian in another forum on God existing from the existence of the universe, and they all show quite convincingly it seems that there is no causation at all, if I get them correctly.

See, http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum ... and-Theism.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

If you want atheists you want to talk with Audie or Kenny. Good luck with that one! :shock: :lol:
(I love you guys!)

I haven`t really had to argue the existence of God much, at least not on the forum, as I am fairly new to all this but I`m curious as to how you will develop your argument.

When you say causation, what exactly do you mean? God being the cause? There is a thread on here covering that somewhere, will see if I can find it.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:If you want atheists you want to talk with Audie or Kenny. Good luck with that one! :shock: :lol:
(I love you guys!)

I haven`t really had to argue the existence of God much, at least not on the forum, as I am fairly new to all this but I`m curious as to how you will develop your argument.

When you say causation, what exactly do you mean? God being the cause? There is a thread on here covering that somewhere, will see if I can find it.
Actually,

By definition, Audie is agnostic. FYI. :D

Although for dramatic effect, sometimes she tries to claim an atheistic belief.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:If you want atheists you want to talk with Audie or Kenny. Good luck with that one! :shock: :lol:
(I love you guys!)

Actually,

By definition, Audie is agnostic. FYI. :D

Although for dramatic effect, sometimes she tries to claim an atheistic belief.
Audie is agnostic? :shock:
(Well, I still love her!)
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

opps!
Last edited by Kenny on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

Yrreg wrote:Don't you have any difficulty with causation?

I really want to learn from atheists, obviously you are not one.

Atheists from my contacts with them, they deny the existence of causation.

Let me bring up one example on how they reason to the non-existence of causation.

On second thought, I had better wait for atheists to reply to my thoughts here on causation with me saying that they don't accept the idea of causation.

What about you, do you have any experience with atheists insisting that there is no causation?
Exactly what do you mean by "causation"? Is it about causing something to happen?

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Yrreg
Familiar Member

Post by Yrreg »

Please do not go astray, oh atheists and also theists.

I say that atheists now have the information of the concept of one God, namely, God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

And the proof is from facts and logic, in particular on the idea of causality and on the universe having a beginning.

So, everyone in particular atheists, do not go astray, give you productive objections to the concept of God above, and also productive objections to the idea of causality and also that the universe has a beginning, I am referring to the universe where atheists and theists live in and are parts of -- so do not muddle up with issue with multiverse whatever.

Dear readers, have you been taking notice, that as usual folks here do not keep to the topic, but they love to uselessly loiter in diversionary gimmicks.

So, in particular addressing atheists, present your objections to the concept of God above, and the idea of causality, and also that the universe has a beginning.

Here is my concise proof of the existence of God as per concept above stated:

The universe has a beginning, so it needs a cause to bring it to existence; that cause is in concept the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

The universe has a beginning, so it needs a cause to bring it to existence; that cause is in concept the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.
Ok, well, from my perspective it reads something more like this...

The universe has a beginning so it needs a creator to bring it into existence, and He has a cause for everything, most notably, everyone, that has a lot to do with love, right from the beginning..
Dear readers, have you been taking notice, that as usual folks here do not keep to the topic, but they love to uselessly loiter in diversionary gimmicks.
Your new here, huh ? :yes: :ssorry:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine