Issues at work

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Issues at work

Post by melanie »

Great attitude Rick,
On to bigger and better things I'm sure!
Keeping you in my prayers :)
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Rick, I know how you must hurt - perhaps, also with a strong sense of relief. That's the way I felt after getting laid off, after 13 years with my previous company. It felt like a divorce and betrayal of long-time loyalty. Having a job is virtually part of a guy's DNA. And long-time co-worker relationships gone, all that. But, tough though it's been for you, God never burns a bridge without a direction He wants you to seek. You have a purpose SOMEWHERE and God knows precisely where it is that best serves Him AND your interests. Prayerfully consider ALL possibilities - including some that may not seem obvious - things that might not be intuitive but that you are intrigued by the idea of. MAYBE, even start your own business, doing something you'd enjoy. This is a great opportunity to re-invent yourself. And every time you have fear or anxiety, just remember the One Who has this thing for you! You will be in my prayers, and have been, over your job situation.

Blessings,
Philip
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:Great attitude Rick,
On to bigger and better things I'm sure!
Keeping you in my prayers :)
Thanks Melanie. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Rick, I know how you must hurt - perhaps, also with a strong sense of relief. That's the way I felt after getting laid off, after 13 years with my previous company. It felt like a divorce and betrayal of long-time loyalty. Having a job is virtually part of a guy's DNA. And long-time co-worker relationships gone, all that. But, tough though it's been for you, God never burns a bridge without a direction He wants you to seek. You have a purpose SOMEWHERE and God knows precisely where it is that best serves Him AND your interests. Prayerfully consider ALL possibilities - including some that may not seem obvious - things that might not be intuitive but that you are intrigued by the idea of. MAYBE, even start your own business, doing something you'd enjoy. This is a great opportunity to re-invent yourself. And every time you have fear or anxiety, just remember the One Who has this thing for you! You will be in my prayers, and have been, over your job situation.

Blessings,
Philip
Thanks Philip. I'm just praying that I will see where God wants me to be. And hopefully He'll open the door He wants me to go through, and close the rest.

I really don't know what I'm going to do, but I'm trying to be open to anything.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:Rick, I know how you must hurt - perhaps, also with a strong sense of relief. That's the way I felt after getting laid off, after 13 years with my previous company. It felt like a divorce and betrayal of long-time loyalty. Having a job is virtually part of a guy's DNA. And long-time co-worker relationships gone, all that. But, tough though it's been for you, God never burns a bridge without a direction He wants you to seek. You have a purpose SOMEWHERE and God knows precisely where it is that best serves Him AND your interests. Prayerfully consider ALL possibilities - including some that may not seem obvious - things that might not be intuitive but that you are intrigued by the idea of. MAYBE, even start your own business, doing something you'd enjoy. This is a great opportunity to re-invent yourself. And every time you have fear or anxiety, just remember the One Who has this thing for you! You will be in my prayers, and have been, over your job situation.

Blessings,
Philip
Thanks Philip. I'm just praying that I will see where God wants me to be. And hopefully He'll open the door He wants me to go through, and close the rest.

I really don't know what I'm going to do, but I'm trying to be open to anything.
Time to move to Australia hey? ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:

Blessings,
Philip

Time to move to Australia hey? ;)
K,

If I felt that was where The Lord was leading me, I would. Of course I'd need to stay at your house for a couple of years until I settled in. :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

K, If I felt that was where The Lord was leading me, I would. Of course I'd need to stay at your house for a couple of years until I settled in. :mrgreen
Before heading down to K's pad, make sure he keeps the fridge stocked with your favorite Australian beer. Oh, and that he doesn't wake you before the crack of noon! :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I just wanted to share some good news regarding answered prayers.

Not with my job, but my wife has been stressed for a while a her job. She just got offered a great job with less stress, and even a little better pay.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:I just wanted to share some good news regarding answered prayers.

Not with my job, but my wife has been stressed for a while a her job. She just got offered a great job with less stress, and even a little better pay.
That's great.

And what about my question on whether you see you learned something for future.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:
RickD wrote:I just wanted to share some good news regarding answered prayers.

That's great.

And what about my question on whether you see you learned something for future.
Ah yes, your question.

As far as my feelings in general, I guess in some ways my beliefs just got stronger regarding not getting out, what I put in. What I mean is that by the way I did my job every day, I truly cared about my job. All the bad things the company did, didn't affect how I did my job. Because ultimately, I didn't feel like I worked for the company. I worked for the men and women in our military. And after almost 5 years of working there, I was basically hung out to dry.

I got nothing to show for my hard work and dedication to the job.

Other than that, I'm not really sure if I learned anything else. And only time will tell if my managers give me a bad reference for a new job.

And I learned that I hate being in between jobs. :pound:

Hana,

do you have anything specific that you are getting at with your question?

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Not specific.
But to give you an idea what I meant.

Well, in my job, I interact with people and also based on this interaction things are revealed about me and for me.
I still need to grow in being humble, wise, patient, friendly, not being in stress and not telling crazy things if there are not people around who enjoy such sense of humor. :)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick, great news of your wife - couldn't have come at a better time!

Company decision makers are often so removed from the people their decisions to layoff or fire impact. Typically, they just know what some underling has told them, whether true or not. So decisions are made by dispassionate bean counters who take little account of long-term loyalty. When I got laid off, after 14 years, the president of my company, whom I had long worked close with, never even had the decency to come Say goodbye. His dad, the CEO and company owner, at least called me on the phone to say it was a mere economic decision after the economy crashed, and to wish me good luck. But this was basically crap, as he was an extremely wealthy man who could have easily kept me on. But hard-nosed business people often refuse to think appreciatively of the people who helped get them to where they are. They don't want to miss a penny of their bottom line $$$. Instead, they callously make decisions like the people they let go aren't human beings with families and bills. That's what they've convinced themselves is using "good business sense." Sadder thing is my Former CEO is a Christian. At least I got a small severance package.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:Not specific.
But to give you an idea what I meant.

Well, in my job, I interact with people and also based on this interaction things are revealed about me and for me.
I still need to grow in being humble, wise, patient, friendly, not being in stress and not telling crazy things if there are not people around who enjoy such sense of humor. :)
Oh sure.

I think I need to mature in all those things you listed too. Every day of my life.

But one thing I'm sure of, is that everybody I've worked with enjoys my sense of humor. :lol:

All kidding aside, I've had many people that I worked with, tell me that sometimes my sense of humor brightened up their day.

One thing I forgot to mention, that I learned, is that I've been told I'm a natural leader. I've had multiple people tell me that. While it may be true, leadership at a job many times is not worth the pay or the stress. :lol:

It seems I'd rather be the ordinary worker who doesn't need the added stress of a leadership role, without commensurate pay.

Maybe someday I will find a leadership position that pays enough to make up for the headaches.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Rick, great news of your wife - couldn't have come at a better time!

Company decision makers are often so removed from the people their decisions to layoff or fire impact. Typically, they just know what some underling has told them, whether true or not. So decisions are made by dispassionate bean counters who take little account of long-term loyalty. When I got laid off, after 14 years, the president of my company, whom I had long worked close with, never even had the decency to come Say goodbye. His dad, the CEO and company owner, at least called me on the phone to say it was a mere economic decision after the economy crashed, and to wish me good luck. But this was basically crap, as he was an extremely wealthy man who could have easily kept me on. But hard-nosed business people often refuse to think appreciatively of the people who helped get them to where they are. They don't want to miss a penny of their bottom line $$$. Instead, they callously make decisions like the people they let go aren't human beings with families and bills. That's what they've convinced themselves is using "good business sense." Sadder thing is my Former CEO is a Christian. At least I got a small severance package.
Yes Philip, perfect timing. God works in His ways. I just need to be patient(that's difficult for me sometimes), and realize God has a plan for me. But I hope He gets His plan going NOW! :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yes Philip, perfect timing. God works in His ways. I just need to be patient(that's difficult for me sometimes), and realize God has a plan for me. But I hope He gets His plan going NOW! :lol:
I think, in the U.S., people have long been conditioned to believing if they just get the right education or training, and if they work hard, that they will likely have a gradual economic rise of prosperity. But, suddenly, we see that is no longer a certainty. We're seeing conditions people haven't experienced in many, many decades. It really calls us to have faith in God instead of our own "genius" or supposedly astute moves (a good thing) and that God has not abandoned us. When situations impacting our well being seem so threatening, it truly is a spiritual gut check. I sometimes think about Moses or Joseph, the tremendous despair they undoubtedly went through. I can guarantee they were much like us, wondering why, why, WHY???!!! Often, I'm not so sure we will ever have the answers to such questions, but we surely have to have faith in God's purposes for allowing our trials. He knows best; his love and provision will never fail us. The challenge is for us to keep looking up instead of being laser-focused on our difficult situations. Easier said than done, I know. Pray for that ability, to stay focused on Him instead of the circumstances you fear. He is way more than enough!