Speaking in Tongues

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Speaking in Tongues

Post by Lonewolf »

I hear you old man., i once attended a Pentecostal Assemblies of God service, and it gave me goosebumps., it was scary., everyone was going at it, each with their own made up tongue., nothing like Paul recommended for the congregation in regards to speaking in tongues.
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Lonewolf wrote:I hear you old man., i once attended a Pentecostal Assemblies of God service, and it gave me goosebumps., it was scary., everyone was going at it, each with their own made up tongue., nothing like Paul recommended for the congregation in regards to speaking in tongues.
Alkaradzalam! Hesbeerod labletett vehel zelut? Kak zaboït na guorota-el!

PARATYJUOL!

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Read 1st Corinthians Chapter 12 and chapter 14. Remember "Let God be true and every man a liar". About speaking in tongues first off there are diverse kinds of tongues but unless what is spoke in tongues is interpreted nobody understands what was just said,even if a person is praying in tongues,if a person has the gift of praying in tongues then when he/she does it they should stop and ask God to reveal to them the interpretation,so they can understand what they just said so they need both the gift of tongues and the gift of interpreting tongues so that they can understand what they just said,without the gift of interpretation they do not know what they just said in tongues.Also usually what is interpreted is an important revelation. This is why it bothers me when I hear a preacher on TV,etc speaking in tongues without interpreting it so that people can understand what was just said in tongues.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Read 1st Corinthians Chapter 12 and chapter 14. Remember "Let God be true and every man a liar". About speaking in tongues first off there are diverse kinds of tongues but unless what is spoke in tongues is interpreted nobody understands what was just said,even if a person is praying in tongues,if a person has the gift of praying in tongues then when he/she does it they should stop and ask God to reveal to them the interpretation,so they can understand what they just said so they need both the gift of tongues and the gift of interpreting tongues so that they can understand what they just said,without the gift of interpretation they do not know what they just said in tongues.Also usually what is interpreted is an important revelation. This is why it bothers me when I hear a preacher on TV,etc speaking in tongues without interpreting it so that people can understand what was just said in tongues.
LOL @ preacher on TV ~> thee typical money making amerikan individual trying to get his in this land of the free., free from true God on tv, but best believe is all about the all-amerikan dream ~> money making
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!