I go to Cornerstone

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

I go to Cornerstone

Post by YoungApolegist »

I live in San Antonio, TX, and I go to Cornerstone church. This church is most famous for its pastor, John Hagee, who is the author of the book " Four Blood Moons." I hope that people don't disrespect me for going to Cornerstone. I like Matthew's sermons, but not John's. Please don't think any less of me than you already do. I just wanted to get this off my chest before people criticize me on my choice of a church.
" I think it is not only out of God's wisdom but also out of his love that he leaves in mystery what he leaves in mystery. If I had more knowledge I could be heartbroken. Thus we live in hope.
And then, maybe, when standing at the Heaven's gate, I will throw myself into his arms and weep everything out. With him, we can handle that." - 1over137
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: I go to Cornerstone

Post by B. W. »

YoungApolegist wrote:I live in San Antonio, TX, and I go to Cornerstone church. This church is most famous for its pastor, John Hagee, who is the author of the book " Four Blood Moons." I hope that people don't disrespect me for going to Cornerstone. I like Matthew's sermons, but not John's. Please don't think any less of me than you already do. I just wanted to get this off my chest before people criticize me on my choice of a church.
I also hope no one disrespects you for going to Cornerstone. Keep going and growing in the Faith of Christ!!!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

YoungApolegist wrote:I live in San Antonio, TX, and I go to Cornerstone church. This church is most famous for its pastor, John Hagee, who is the author of the book " Four Blood Moons." I hope that people don't disrespect me for going to Cornerstone. I like Matthew's sermons, but not John's. Please don't think any less of me than you already do. I just wanted to get this off my chest before people criticize me on my choice of a church.
I don't have a problem with John Hagee and have read his four blood moon book. He his a little dramatic but does not preach a false gospel as far as I know.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

You need to stop apologizing for being yourself, YA.

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Hey there YoungApolegist
We haven't met :wave:
Try to not worry what others think of you, I know sometimes it's hard. We live in a world where we are criticised continuously sometimes with merit but mostly not. Often it's a no win situation, we are told we're too quiet, too loud, too honest, not truthful enough, too harsh, too lenient, too selfish, or we let others walk all over us. No matter who we are there will be plenty of people trying to drag us down. We all want to be loved by family and respected and liked by our friends and peers but we cannot control what others think or say, but we can control how we respond to it, how we project it upon ourselves.
You have a sincerity and vulnerability that some may see as a weakness but it's your strength. You speak from the heart, that takes courage. Never apologise for who you are, and never apologise for your spiritual walk with Our Father. That is yours and yours alone, no-one has the right to say where you should praise The Almighty, for he is working in you in only a way he knows. That is where he wants you now, that may or may not change down the track. The church isn't between the bricks that man lays but within your spirit and heart. I am completely non-denominational, a Lady may walk out of a Baptist church having learnt from the Pastor to be more patient, a man out of a Presbyterian church feeling blessed and renewed by praising Jesus's name, even a Catholic can walk out having sung hymns in true worship to God and be looked favourably upon by Our Father.
Do not worry if people look down on you, think little of you, for they don't really know you. You are Gods child, so loved and very cherished. This world only knows that which is of the world, and judges us accordingly but in our love and acceptance of Jesus as our saviour we strive and try and live for the spirit. Your Father gives you strength in his name, he surrounds us in his love to walk in confidence, no matter what the world has to say HE says we are special, unique, loved and worthy.
When people look down on you and criticise you, it is their weakness and your strength in The Almighty that keeps your head held high.
God bless :)
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

YA, I think people inside cornerstone are saved people, so relax, you seem to be looking for respect from others, which is normal but you don't need approvals bro. God places us for learning and there will come a time you may have to be somewhere else. I gave me church 12 good years at the end of which they kicked me out because I disagreed with them theologically. I don't go to church anymore but I do go to "church" people out there, who don't even have bibles and preach and teach to them, that is more important for me now than to pass a Sunday morning in a church building.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

melanie wrote:Hey there YoungApolegist
We haven't met :wave:
Try to not worry what others think of you, I know sometimes it's hard. We live in a world where we are criticised continuously sometimes with merit but mostly not. Often it's a no win situation, we are told we're too quiet, too loud, too honest, not truthful enough, too harsh, too lenient, too selfish, or we let others walk all over us. No matter who we are there will be plenty of people trying to drag us down. We all want to be loved by family and respected and liked by our friends and peers but we cannot control what others think or say, but we can control how we respond to it, how we project it upon ourselves.
You have a sincerity and vulnerability that some may see as a weakness but it's your strength. You speak from the heart, that takes courage. Never apologise for who you are, and never apologise for your spiritual walk with Our Father. That is yours and yours alone, no-one has the right to say where you should praise The Almighty, for he is working in you in only a way he knows. That is where he wants you now, that may or may not change down the track. The church isn't between the bricks that man lays but within your spirit and heart. I am completely non-denominational, a Lady may walk out of a Baptist church having learnt from the Pastor to be more patient, a man out of a Presbyterian church feeling blessed and renewed by praising Jesus's name, even a Catholic can walk out having sung hymns in true worship to God and be looked favourably upon by Our Father.
Do not worry if people look down on you, think little of you, for they don't really know you. You are Gods child, so loved and very cherished. This world only knows that which is of the world, and judges us accordingly but in our love and acceptance of Jesus as our saviour we strive and try and live for the spirit. Your Father gives you strength in his name, he surrounds us in his love to walk in confidence, no matter what the world has to say HE says we are special, unique, loved and worthy.
When people look down on you and criticise you, it is their weakness and your strength in The Almighty that keeps your head held high.
God bless :)
well said :clap:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

neo-x wrote:YA, I think people inside cornerstone are saved people, so relax, you seem to be looking for respect from others, which is normal but you don't need approvals bro. God places us for learning and there will come a time you may have to be somewhere else. I gave me church 12 good years at the end of which they kicked me out because I disagreed with them theologically. I don't go to church anymore but I do go to "church" people out there, who don't even have bibles and preach and teach to them, that is more important for me now than to pass a Sunday morning in a church building.
And why am I so concerned about getting into church? y:-/
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1over137 wrote:
neo-x wrote:YA, I think people inside cornerstone are saved people, so relax, you seem to be looking for respect from others, which is normal but you don't need approvals bro. God places us for learning and there will come a time you may have to be somewhere else. I gave me church 12 good years at the end of which they kicked me out because I disagreed with them theologically. I don't go to church anymore but I do go to "church" people out there, who don't even have bibles and preach and teach to them, that is more important for me now than to pass a Sunday morning in a church building.
Well, with so many Christians out there, why are their so few Christians?

That may say it in a nutshell. I suggest begin your own bible study or prayer group and have church wherever you are at. I basically been helping to establish such groups and these grow into ministries that outreach into local communities. These are part of the Church universal but outside the established churches. We make sure the meeting times do not infringe upon any Church in the area and go from there. We train, disciple, and establish leaders to do the same within their own respective group God has drawn together for them in their locations.

One such group that I am working with now is in the Reservation of Cheyenne River at 655 No Heart... No Heart is a name of a community. In this community there is one street is known as Meth Ave... this is in the middle of the most sin ridden sad places you can imagine. Abuse,neglect, rejection, hostility, etc runs rampant. Not many Churches in the local town are even near there - so plant one at NO Heart and transform it into New Heart... such is the power of God. There are a few good churches in the area so folks can still attend these if they so desire or just come to 655. Last week, several folks were led to the Lord and others returning who lost heart.

The Leadership there is lovingly tuff and they know and understand spiritual warfare. You have to in this environment. These are the kind of places where the Lord sends me and has me assist in aiding locals to reach their own people in some of the most dangerous of places. Certainly not for the faint of heart but how God works - he grants New Hearts with courage to live and be a real Christian. So Hana, you are one such person with a new heart, so be encouraged, seek the Lord and see what He might like you to do!

Sometimes we have to step out of the established churches to restore what the Church is to be about: Why? Well, with so many Christians out there, there are so few Christians. We just need, with God's help, to turn the many into the strength of the few... that's my vision

Blessings y@};-
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

You now infected me with that vision. I live in a village and would like to improve it. To help, etc. I am relatively new, people do not know me. But in a long run I may be of some help.

It starts with nearest neighbors.

Well, can you guys pray for me that I one day find deep Christian friends here? I know they are here, just to come across them.

Thank you.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

B. W. wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Well, with so many Christians out there, why are their so few Christians?

That may say it in a nutshell. I suggest begin your own bible study or prayer group and have church wherever you are at. I basically been helping to establish such groups and these grow into ministries that outreach into local communities. These are part of the Church universal but outside the established churches. We make sure the meeting times do not infringe upon any Church in the area and go from there. We train, disciple, and establish leaders to do the same within their own respective group God has drawn together for them in their locations.

One such group that I am working with now is in the Reservation of Cheyenne River at 655 No Heart... No Heart is a name of a community. In this community there is one street is known as Meth Ave... this is in the middle of the most sin ridden sad places you can imagine. Abuse,neglect, rejection, hostility, etc runs rampant. Not many Churches in the local town are even near there - so plant one at NO Heart and transform it into New Heart... such is the power of God. There are a few good churches in the area so folks can still attend these if they so desire or just come to 655. Last week, several folks were led to the Lord and others returning who lost heart.

The Leadership there is lovingly tuff and they know and understand spiritual warfare. You have to in this environment. These are the kind of places where the Lord sends me and has me assist in aiding locals to reach their own people in some of the most dangerous of places. Certainly not for the faint of heart but how God works - he grants New Hearts with courage to live and be a real Christian. So Hana, you are one such person with a new heart, so be encouraged, seek the Lord and see what He might like you to do!

Sometimes we have to step out of the established churches to restore what the Church is to be about: Why? Well, with so many Christians out there, there are so few Christians. We just need, with God's help, to turn the many into the strength of the few... that's my vision

Blessings y@};-
-
-
That is really inspiring B.W
You are exactly right about the many being turned into the strength of a few and why with so many Christians are there really so few. This sentiment resonates with me on very personal level and the spiritual inspiration that Our Father has recently guided me in.
God bless you in your endeavours, and the wonderful work that you are doing in The Almighty's name.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Hey B.W., a vision revisited me. I dreamed about Slovak forum but ended up as a catastrophe in my family. I guess it was not even the right time for me.
Maybe in some years I will establish a Slovak webpage with forum, ask some Christian friends to have that project with me.

In the meantime I guess I am to grow.

#foreverinmyheart