Aliens

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
TheQuestor
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Aliens

Post by TheQuestor »

Mallz wrote:
What scripture says this............and dis Jesus approve?
Maybe you should actually read your bible before you start thinking you know what you are talking about. It would be very beneficial to you.
Seriously, this is so basic it blows my mind you have to ask.
Was that supposed to be an answer? or an admission that you do not know?
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Have you read the gospels? It's in there, read them and be enlightened.
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

Mallz wrote:Have you read the gospels? It's in there, read them and be enlightened.
Another no answer, which confirms the correctness of my postulation. Have I read them, well no I have not read them all, as bible study class is not part of my religion.....as it is in some.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Luke 8:29
Luke 4:35
Etc...
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Philip wrote:At least, through 1999 - and I wouldn't think the tactics or characteristics of the demonic have changed any - here is the written sequence for the ritual of exorcism: http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/en ... 01975b.htm

Just a "bit" more complex than when the Apostle Paul simply instructed the demon: “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour."

But the CC would have us believe that only an authorized and TRAINED priest can "perform" this - guess the power is in the professional clergy and ritualistic steps - as opposed to the name and power of Christ, invoked and unleashed through the faith of a believer - ANY Believer!
Well, lets not forget that some demons are hard to get out than others and that in some cases, ONLY Christ was able to do it:

Mark 9 -
14 When they came back to the disciples, they saw a large crowd around them, and some scribes arguing with them. 15 Immediately, when the entire crowd saw Him, they were amazed and began running up to greet Him. 16 And He asked them, “What are you discussing with them?” 17 And one of the crowd answered Him, “Teacher, I brought You my son, possessed with a spirit which makes him mute; 18 and whenever it seizes him, it slams him to the ground and he foams at the mouth, and grinds his teeth and stiffens out. I told Your disciples to cast it out, and they could not do it.” 19 And He *answered them and *said, “O unbelieving generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring him to Me!” 20 They brought the boy to Him. When he saw Him, immediately the spirit threw him into a convulsion, and falling to the ground, he began rolling around and foaming at the mouth. 21 And He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. 22 It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!” 23 And Jesus said to him, “‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.” 24 Immediately the boy’s father cried out and said, “I do believe; help my unbelief.” 25 When Jesus saw that a crowd was rapidly gathering, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You deaf and mute spirit, I command you, come out of him and do not enter him again.” 26 After crying out and throwing him into terrible convulsions, it came out; and the boy became so much like a corpse that most of them said, “He is dead!” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and raised him; and he got up. 28 When He came into the house, His disciples began questioning Him privately, “Why could we not drive it out?” 29 And He said to them, “This kind cannot come out by anything but prayer.”

Matthew 17 -
14 When they came to the crowd, a man came up to Jesus, falling on his knees before Him and saying, 15 “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is a lunatic and is very ill; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. 16 I brought him to Your disciples, and they could not cure him.” 17 And Jesus answered and said, “You unbelieving and perverted generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring him here to Me.” 18 And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him, and the boy was cured at once.

19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not drive it out?” 20 And He *said to them, “Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 21 [But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”]
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Seraph wrote:Like Rich Deem says, it doesn't seem very likely that there are any aliens within our galaxy or within any distance where it is possible for us to make contact with them, and if there are they would be no where near as advanced as humanity due to the lack of radio waves that we would expect from an electronically advanced civilization.

I think its very possible for there to be intelligent life elsewhere in the universe though, just not anywhere within a billion light years of us.

Do you think fallen angels have the ability/authority to manifest themselves as alien creatures and appear to us? Why haven't they made themselves more known already?
What about that one time they found radio waves in the 70's?
goingsouth
Familiar Member

Post by goingsouth »

In my view, aliens are no doubt the fallen angels. Just like when Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden, OUT OF their original abode, the angels who fell also were thrown out of their original abode.(heaven)...and just like us, they die in their body because of the fall.

There are seven different hierarchies of angels emanating from the seven spirits of God. Two of these angelics are two types of 'aliens' people documented as seeing. The short ones with the big eyes and heads. And the very tall ones. In fact, we have an image of these two at the entry of the Dome of the Rock!

"The greatest impediment Christians have obtaining Truth is when they think they already have it."
Servant
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Servant »

Senior bibliographer from the Library of Congress, Miss Lynn E. Catoe wrote the government document, UFOs AND RELATED SUBJECTS: An Annotated Bibliography, and summarizes her findings. She wrote, “A large part of the available UFO literature is closely linked with mysticism and the metaphysical. It deals with subjects like mental telepathy, automatic writing and invisible entities as well as phenomenon like poltergeist manifestation and possession. Many of the UFO reports now being published in the popular press recount alleged incidents that are strikingly similar to demonic possession and psychic phenomena that have long been known to theologians and parapsychologists.”

We know aliens by their demonic works:

Mathew 7:16. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles?

I believe that aliens will be part of Armageddon - the end of times.

2 Corinthians 2:11. in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

I think that the alien thing we experience is largely demonic in origin.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

However, I'm uncertain about that time they found radio waves in the 70s. Could be a trick by demons or it could be legitimate aliens out there. God never said he made, or didn't made, other intelligent life forms on other worlds, I guess it wasn't important ultimately.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Even Hawkings thinks the most likely scenario for aliens is that they either don't exist, or all alien cultures end up destroying themselves when breaching a technological singularity based upon the silence for decades (and silence in the elements viewed from light years away).
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Now, it must be true since the 50 percent say it is so...

Are Earthlings Alone? Half Of Humans Believe In Alien Life

Think of it, the arrive here announced, in secret, real illegal y>-)

:lol:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Then again, what is life? There are many definitions, some limited to a having specific soul like that of humans and animals, others don't include viruses as being alive while others do, and some think the earth is alive.
If we broaden life to the point that even a planet has a spirit (which some might, our universe is so vast the idea of a living planet wouldn't be impossible, especially with God's intervention) then one might say life exists everywhere.
Similarly, since we know Titan has a liquid ocean of methane, but similar composition to Earth, the idea arose that life might not need water to live. Life might not have to be carbon based. Therefore, one could argue life exists nearly everywhere in the universe.
Even the bible says we aren't alone, there's God and the angels and spirits. Sure they at least partly (God) exist in another realm but it still stands.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

When "aliens" run at the name of Jesus, you know they are not aliens.

There are a couple issues where I disagree with the creators of this documentary, namely that anti-gravity isn't a reality. I would have to disagree with them, on that point. Electrogravitics, as it is known, is more than likely a reality and these entities have the technology, and the US government more than likely has it as well.

Another point I take issue with is that they think that the abductees aren't taken onto real UFOs when experimented on. I disagree with this and think that some of the UFOs are in fact very real.

Apart from those two issues, I think this movie is great, and agree with them on all the important points and would highly recommend it. You can get it at Amazon or their website here: https://creation.com/

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Seems the full documentary is available on Youtube now. It says it's official so hope it's not a rip.

Here is the full movie:

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.