Time To Amend The U.S. Constitution?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
jcgood
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Time To Amend The U.S. Constitution?

Post by jcgood »

The U.S. Constitution... Some say it's tired...others say it's inapt...others think it is a canon from on high...

It has definitely enabled a broken Congress to be able to "shut the government down" and give unprecedented power to a
President that lead a country with nuclear weapons into a contentious, elective, unpaid-for, country-dividing war in the Middle East.
That's not my idea of stable government.

I think we can do much better.

According to Ronald Reagan, one of the most popular U.S. Presidents in recent history...
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."

Well, Ronnie...why complain?....when you can amend!

I would like to see what the views are....I have been thinking about this issue for quite a long time.
"The wise are those who utter words with respect to God's ears and eyes".. JC Goodman

The problem with a hypocrite...is that he doesn't know that he is one ...JC Goodman

"Whining and complaining about...the government...or being zealously partisan;
is actually and honestly..... a distrust in the sovereignty of God...JC Goodman
jcgood
Established Member

Re: Time To Amend The U.S. Constitution?

Post by jcgood »

The first place to start amending is the most egregious imbalance of power and chaos in U.S. government.

The U.S. Congress does not have "equal" and apt "checking power" as it is supposed almost universally.

The way people talk ; currently about President Obama....as if he has the power of an Emperor.

Also, I cannot understand why so many conflate the failures of the U.S. Congress and the Supreme Court with the President's actual agenda. So many assign an inordinate amount of blame to the office; as if it had unlimited power. The very term "President" is a misnomer. It implies that this person is in full charge; as in a CEO of a business venture. Rather, "Chief Military Ambassador"...would be more fitting. Ironically, the office has; arguably, too much meddling powers abroad....and not enough for progressive change in our own country.
..thanks to the inaptly revered...U.S. Constitution.

The U.S. Constitution grants an inapt amount of power to Congress over domestic policies.....and allows political gridlock and corruption to thrive; while the nation withers on the vine
in debt and with groaning constituents...that are clearly not aptly "represented".

.......Why do the Senators from Wyoming have the same voting power as California's Senators.....with 1/72 of the population?

Step 1......The Senate is hereby abolished.......saving billions already. Why are we following a pagan Roman idea....anyway?

..actually ...it would be good for some of the hypocritical Senators who want "smaller government"....to step up by...GOING HOME....forever!!!!!

.....stay tuned for more....
"The wise are those who utter words with respect to God's ears and eyes".. JC Goodman

The problem with a hypocrite...is that he doesn't know that he is one ...JC Goodman

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

You are making the Federal Government into an idol, are you not?

Now look at the oaths of office:

Oaths of office:

President USA:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Congress USA:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Military Commissioned Officers USA:

I, _____, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.).

Next, have you actually read the US Constitution?

Here is a link where anyone can who would like to:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CDOC-110hd ... hdoc50.pdf
-
-
-
P.S. jcgood, you are attacking what many have sworn to defend... and thus you could be considered under the Constitution as committing a treasonous act...
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

B. W. wrote:You are making the Federal Government into an idol, are you not?

Now look at the oaths of office:

Oaths of office:

President USA:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Congress USA:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Military Commissioned Officers USA:

I, _____, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.).

Next, have you actually read the US Constitution?

Here is a link where anyone can who would like to:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CDOC-110hd ... hdoc50.pdf
-
-
-
P.S. jcgood, you are attacking what many have sworn to defend... and thus you could be considered under the Constitution as committing a treasonous act...
..B.W..

Did you get a degree in HYPERBOLE...?... :pound:

"idol"... "attack"...."defend".....from/against a non-violent Christian blogger?.....you cannot be serious.... :lol:

...I am saying that the Lord's Testament and my Faith in Him..and My standing in Him....super-cedes....that inapt, tired , vague document.

That's why it's stupid.....with vague definitions of "enemy"...and "freedom"....and "religion'.....I am, cavities are....pit bulls...humidity.... 8-}2 ...all "enemies"
...it actually sounds more like China...where my blog would have landed me in jail...in 2006....

B.W....... I think YOU need to read it.....HOW MANY TIMES HAS IT BEEN...AMENDED......?
My reasons to want to amend it and clarify it are legitimate.....Congress is broken...and only two or three amendments could fix that.

You are conflating me ..as an "enemy" for coming up with a better document....with the brain that GOD GAVE ME?

....NOW WHO is ...really taking politics WAY too seriously.... y>:D< ......you need a hug and a kiss.....
...it will all be OK.....

P.S. aren't you glad that people in power with your thinking.....didn't canonize it.....before the amendments were made.....?

…55"Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56"And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" 57And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household."…

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jcgood wrote:
...it actually sounds more like China...where my blog would have landed me in jail...in 2006....
Judging by the number of responses on your blog since 2006, I don't think anyone in china would've noticed your blog. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

...what about the NSA?..... :esurprised:

jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

Repenting of this failed document is easy for most thinking people.

1) Would anyone run a business by democracy? Of course not....

So, who ever thought that running a country with democracy was a good...PERMANENT.... idea?

To all these well intentioned people that ascribe "Christian roots" to the formation of this document....I am lost..

When I read my Bible..I see in many places...the folly of individual choice....which is a democratic principle
and when I read again....I see the Wisdom of Wise Dictators.....in Joseph...Kings.....and the Kingdom Of God.....in many places

....I am NOT saying that God cannot use our system...because He can use ANY system......as He pleases for His purposes....

...What I oppose is the zealous proclamation of false superiority ascribed to a tired document that can't even pass a coherent health care law....without ugly drama and the unnecessary expense of bloated overpaid, corrupt, partisan politicians...that mostly foolish people voted for.

In fact I am surprised that right wingers wouldn't jump on the chance to shrink government drastically ....with my serious proposal to abolish Congress...and put a non-gridlocked...non-corrupt entity in its place.

Because....even our Lord has given us two covenants......one for children....and one for joint heirs...

Gal. 4...
1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

What makes anyone think that this U.S. debacle is unchangeable?

What households with children are ruled by democracy?
Could it be that the childish notion of voting unanimously for ice cream for dinner every night would be overruled by informed parents?

It would certainly be refreshing for this wayward country to get out of its diapers and transform into maturity...

Have you ever listened to politicians debate? It reminds me of the third grade...with all the name calling and hyperbole.

...and meanwhile...U.S overall stability..and its infrastructure....is in the hands of spoiled children.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

&nbsp;
Last edited by Kurieuo on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Jcgood, imagine now that you are amending it and formulating amendments. Which sentences you would change or omit? Which sentences you would add? Can you formulate them? Am curious how according to you it should look like.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

1 over 137:
Thanks for asking this question.

1)The new Constitution would abolish the Congress.... Federal and in all States
2) The President and State Governors can be elected by the people
3) The President and Governors are appointed for life
4) The elected President and governors can appoint a 12 member board of directors....sound familiar?
5) Military Spending capped at 1.5% GDP..all foreign Bases Closed
6)Abolish the prison system....and reform the justice system
7)Pull out of All Free Trade Agreements
8) Have sanctions against Mexico and close the border...until
it repents of its egregious corruption
9) Take state ownership of the Auto Industry, Health Care, Energy

10) Realize that this will never happen...The U.S. worships its Constitution like an idol.

This is just the start....but things would get done in America

Anything is better than having to listen to people blame Obama for the thing that Congress is actually doing.

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

jcgood wrote:1 over 137:

1)The new Constitution would abolish the Congress.... Federal and in all States
2) The President and State Governors can be elected by the people
3) The President and Governors are appointed for life
4) The elected President and governors can appoint a 12 member board of directors....sound familiar?
5) Military Spending capped at 1.5% GDP..all foreign Bases Closed
6)Abolish the prison system....and reform the justice system
7)Pull out of All Free Trade Agreements
8) Have sanctions against Mexico and close the border...until
it repents of its egregious corruption
9) Take state ownership of the Auto Industry, Health Care, Energy

10) Realize that this will never happen...The U.S. worships its Constitution like an idol.

This is just the start....but things would get done in America

Anything is better than having to listen to people blame Obama for the thing that Congress is actually doing.
I will start with number 3.
Do you think it is good to appoint president and governors for life? What if they turn corrupted or unchristian?

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
jcgood
Established Member

Post by jcgood »

1 over 137
...You actually want to understand me....you understand what respectful discourse is...practical Christianity...
I am refreshed...
Do you think it is good to appoint president and governors for life? What if they turn corrupted or unchristian?
Yes...because things get done in my system. In the U.S. system....millions of people moan and groan and whine and complain and spin....

It will be refreshing to get away from the U.S. political freak/horror show...I am going to the Columbian Carribean....on 23 Feb! :wave:

...understand....I get all my thoughts from scripture...

Israel's Kings were appointed to life. Some were disobedient....some after God's heart...

The point is....unlike America.....the Israelites...trusted God in the matters of government and economy...

That's my whole purpose for being on this forum...

To help people see...that whining and complaining about...the government...or being zealously partisan;
is actually and honestly..... a distrust in the sovereignty of God..

The Scriptures clearly indicate...that the groaners and moaners against government authorities is unwise and actually displeases the Lord for
the lack of Faith.

Jesus never complained about His freak show...Roman occupation.....and it is sickening too hear people inaptly groan about piddly
things...like ..how high their historically low taxes are.....such ignorance prevails...in about 47% of the electorate here.

As President Obama says...."let me be clear".....even though I disagree with America and most of what it stands for...

At the end of the day....God is in control.....everywhere....even on this website.....

His mercy endures forever...remember...even Sodom was not destroyed until there was just a few righteous ...Lot's Family..

But Rome fell...and this empire will most likely too...if it does not repent....or if God wills that it stands for His sovereign purposes.

1 over 137...Please feel free to disagree or ask more questions....I think that I could get a fair assessment from you.....

I perceive that you are a voice of kindness and sanity...in a sea of wolves......

BTW..is there a meaning to 1 over 137?
Last edited by jcgood on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PeteSinCA
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by PeteSinCA »

1over137 wrote:
jcgood wrote:1 over 137:

... 2) The President and State Governors can be elected by the people
3) The President and Governors are appointed for life...
Given the contradiction between #2 and #3, I think jcg's new "constitution" provisions may have been less than serious. I won't violate/obey (not sure which would be correct in this context) Godwin's Law, but just about every dictatorship in human history conformed to provisions #3 and #4.

As for your response, 1/137, humans are sinful, to a man and woman. History, recent and less recent has numerous examples of what happens when individuals wield lifelong absolute power in a nation. Things "get done" very easily, but many of the things done are rather brutal or otherwise reprehensible. The writers of the US Constitution didn't know Hitler, Stain, Mao, Kim (part 1, 2 or 3), Castro, or Mugabe. but they saw enough from England's George 1-3 and France's Louis XIV-XVI to see the wisdom in making it work to "get something done". What they created wasn't/isn't perfect - nothing human is - and they included a process for amending their work in it, a process requiring work by a substantial majority. As a whole, the US Constitution has served the US rather well.

I think jcg has a partly detailed, partly vague utopian ideal that works quite well in his imagination, but would be both unworkable and brutal if attempted.
Soapy Pete's Box

So I'll stand // With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One Who gave it all - The Stand, Hillsong United

"To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give.
To show us the reason to live."
"We Are the Reason" by David Meece

"So why should I worry?
Why should I fret?
'Cause I've got a Mansion Builder
Who ain't through with me yet" - 2nd Chapter of Acts
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

jcgood wrote:1 over 137
...You actually want to understand me....you understand what respectful discourse is...practical Christianity...
I am refreshed...
Yes...because things get done in my system. In the U.S. system....millions of people moan and groan and whine and complain and spin....
Which things get done in your system? Do not people moun there? In the OT, never people moaned? I doubt this.
jcgood wrote: It will be refreshing to get away from the U.S. political freak/horror show...I am going to the Columbian Carribean....on 23 Feb! :wave:
What's the system there? And do not they moan there?
jcgood wrote: ...understand....I get all my thoughts from scripture...

Israel's Kings were appointed to life. Some were disobedient....some after God's heart...

The point is....unlike America.....the Israelites...trusted God in the matters of government and economy...

That's my whole purpose for being on this forum...

To help people see...that whining and complaining about...the government...or being zealously partisan;
is actually and honestly..... a distrust in the sovereignty of God..

The Scriptures clearly indicate...that the groaners and moaners against government authorities is unwise and actually displeases the Lord for
the lack of Faith.
And complaining about US constitution is ok?
jcgood wrote: Jesus never complained about His freak show...Roman occupation.....and it is sickening too hear people inaptly groan about piddly
things...like ..how high their historically low taxes are.....such ignorance prevails...in about 47% of the electorate here.

As President Obama says...."let me be clear".....even though I disagree with America and most of what it stands for...

At the end of the day....God is in control.....everywhere....even on this website.....

His mercy endures forever...remember...even Sodom was not destroyed until there was just a few righteous ...Lot's Family..

But Rome fell...and this empire will most likely too...if it does not repent....or if God wills that it stands for His sovereign purposes.

1 over 137...Please feel free to disagree or ask more questions....I think that I could get a fair assessment from you.....

I perceive that you are a voice of kindness and sanity...in a sea of wolves......
Well. maybe talking about the last sentence later...
jcgood wrote: BTW..is there a meaning to 1 over 137?
It is fine structure constant, approximately. Constant from Physics.

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

1/137 wrote:
And complaining about US constitution is ok?
Jcgood complains about the constitution because he isn't trusting Christ. If he truly trusted Christ, he would not complain about a temporary political system.

(That's the argument he throws at others that complain). So, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Here are two quotes from jcgood's signature. Oh how fitting they are. :pound:

You're too much jcgood, too much.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony