The Four Blood Moons

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The Four Blood Moons

Post by Jac3510 »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote:And the rapture being antisemitic? Puhleeese!
It is because the central message to the Jewish people is that Messiah will save the Christians while the Jewish people and Israel will suffer through the tribulation. Also if true, then who cares about Israel if you get beamed up out of trouble? That is the wrong message to send to His Jewish people.
It's so nice being called a racist by a board moderator!

Ah well. Isa 5:20

8)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

You know,

...even some Christians will not make the rapture either and there is some very good scriptural support for this as well too...

:stirthepot:
-
-
-

P.S. Two plowing in the same field - one taken the other left. Two grinding at the same mill - one taken the other left. Same field - same mill and add to this Revelation chapters 2 and 3 and only one out of the 7 are promised what?
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:
Gman wrote:
RickD wrote:And the rapture being antisemitic? Puhleeese!
It is because the central message to the Jewish people is that Messiah will save the Christians while the Jewish people and Israel will suffer through the tribulation. Also if true, then who cares about Israel if you get beamed up out of trouble? That is the wrong message to send to His Jewish people.
It's so nice being called a racist by a board moderator!

8)
Jac,

Which moderator called you racist?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Antisemitism is a racism (in the actual sense of the word), and that by definition.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:Antisemitism is a racism (in the actual sense of the word), and that by definition.
I understand that. But which moderator called you antisemitic?
I was the only moderator replying to that, and I was disagreeing with Gman's statement that the rapture is antisemitic. So I hope you don't think I was saying people who believe in the rapture are antisemitic.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

It slipped my mind that g is no longer a mod. My point is just that it's rather . . . uncharitable, to put it as politely as I can . . . to smear a huge swath of not only brothers and sisters in Christ but of active board members with a term that entails hateful connotations like bigotry and racism. That kind of language isn't debate, appropriate or otherwise. It is an attack on the basic morality of a person, which is intended or not nothing more than an attempt to shut down debate, which was the motivation for mentioning the 'moderator' piece -- someone in that role or with that experience ought to know the difference in and appropriateness of promoting civil discourse and shutting it down with personal smears of the person's character. After all, why bother discussing ideas with a racist? :shakehead:
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Jac3510 wrote: It's so nice being called a racist by a board moderator!

8)
You haven't noticed that I'm not a moderator anymore? Also did I call anyone here a racist?? :roll:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Gman wrote:
Jac3510 wrote: It's so nice being called a racist by a board moderator!

Ah well. <A class=rtBibleRef href="http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Isa%205.20" data-reference="Isa 5.20" data-version="nasb95" data-purpose="bible-reference">Isa 5:20</A>

8)
You haven't noticed that I'm not a moderator anymore?
As I said:
I wrote:It slipped my mind that g is no longer a mod.
Also did I call anyone here a racist?? :roll:
Yes. As I said:
Antisemitism is a racism (in the actual sense of the word), and that by definition.
As a former moderator, you ought to know better. :shakehead:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Antisemites and Judaizers please play nice. :grouphug:

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Jac3510 wrote:It slipped my mind that g is no longer a mod.
I would say that there is more going here than just slipping your mind. It's more like you are acting on impulse without really reading what I'm saying. I haven't been a moderator for many months now.
Yes. As I said:
Antisemitism is a racism (in the actual sense of the word), and that by definition
As a former moderator, you ought to know better. :shakehead:
:lol: These are quite comical words.. But then again this isn't the first time this has happened before. Just because you believe in the "rapture" it doesn't make you antisemitic although these words can be hurtful to the Jewish people. You are simply trying to build a straw man. I use to believe in the rapture too before I started seeing how weak the belief truly is. Does that make me antisemitic too?

Now it seems I have the "rapture" police running after me.. Sorry for walking on your sacred theology of the "rapture." But don't worry, some day you will be beamed away from all this.. ;)

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

B. W. wrote:You know,

...even some Christians will not make the rapture either and there is some very good scriptural support for this as well too...

:stirthepot:

P.S. Two plowing in the same field - one taken the other left. Two grinding at the same mill - one taken the other left. Same field - same mill and add to this Revelation chapters 2 and 3 and only one out of the 7 are promised what?
Again, I don't believe this has anything to do with one's salvation.. If you want to wait out in some field for this rapture thing, then please, go ahead and enjoy it. I just see other things in scripture here that don't line up with it. And if it doesn't happen the way you think it might, there may be consequences for that. In other words, don't marry this rapture theory, also examine the message it sends to other people like the Jewish people.

That's all I'm saying.

Peace out.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:Antisemites and Judaizers please play nice. :grouphug:
Hmmmm..... 8)

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Joe: I believe in X.
John: DATSRASIST
Joe: What I'm a racist?!?
John: I didn't say YOU were a racist. I just said you have racist BELIEFS.

------------------------

Stupid Husband: Stop acting like a [insertyourfavoritestupidmaninsulttohiswife]
Wife: YOU DO NOT CALL ME A [insertyourfavoritestupidmaninsulttohiswife]
Stupid Husband: I didn't say you WERE a [insertyourfavoritestupidmaninsulttohiswife]. I said you were ACTING like a [insertyourfavoritestupidmaninsulttohiswife]4

------------------------

If a person holds racist ideas, they are a racist. Antisemitism is racist, so a person who holds antisemitic ideas is a racist. If you think the rapture is antisemitic, then you are calling everyone who holds to the rapture a racist. Just because you don't want to take your own assertions to their necessary and logical conclusion doesn't mean that you get to pretend like those conclusions don't exist and that they don't follow.

Further, if you believe that the rapture is antisemitic, then yes, you were a racist when you held to the rapture. To say you weren't would be like saying, "Hey, I used to think that slavery was okay too before I saw how weak its justification really is. But that doesn't mean I was a racist!" Yes. Yes it does. Of course, I don't think you were a racist antisemite because I don't think that the rapture is a racist, antisemitic idea. YOU are the one throwing that absurd accusation around. And then you want to come back and talk about us as "the 'rapture' police" and smearing the idea as our "sacred theology"? And you mock by casting it in terms of being "beamed away from all this"? You really that mockery is an appropriate response?

It's not. It's disgusting.

Uncle Klown has asked us to play nice. I can't play nice with hateful, venomous people. So I won't say any more in this thread. The only reason I said anything in the first place was to point out how incredibly disgusting that kind of language is. You should be ashamed.

Foe'd.

Sorry, Rick. I'm done now.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

This thread has made Uncle Klown sad. :crying:

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Jac3510 wrote: If you think the rapture is antisemitic, then you are calling everyone who holds to the rapture a racist. Just because you don't want to take your own assertions to their necessary and logical conclusion doesn't mean that you get to pretend like those conclusions don't exist and that they don't follow.

Further, if you believe that the rapture is antisemitic, then yes, you were a racist when you held to the rapture. To say you weren't would be like saying, "Hey, I used to think that slavery was okay too before I saw how weak its justification really is. But that doesn't mean I was a racist!" Yes. Yes it does. Of course, I don't think you were a racist antisemite because I don't think that the rapture is a racist, antisemitic idea. YOU are the one throwing that absurd accusation around. And then you want to come back and talk about us as "the 'rapture' police" and smearing the idea as our "sacred theology"? And you mock by casting it in terms of being "beamed away from all this"? You really that mockery is an appropriate response?
Jac... Please calm down. Take a big breath and read what I wrote. Now you are over reacting. Again.. I never said that the rapture is antisemitic. I said that the "belief" of it has antisemitic overtones, but believing in it does not make one antisemitic. It's the same thing when you attack someone's theology, such as the Catholic faith, and now all the sudden you are prejudiced against Catholics. Sorry, that simply does not work.

Much like.

1. Theological arguments can be antisemitic.
2. Someone makes a claim that the "rapture" is rooted in antisemitic beliefs.
3. Therefore that person must be antisemitic.

As you can see... It just doesn't work...
Jac3510 wrote: it's not. It's disgusting.

Uncle Klown has asked us to play nice. I can't play nice with hateful, venomous people. So I won't say any more in this thread. The only reason I said anything in the first place was to point out how incredibly disgusting that kind of language is. You should be ashamed.

Foe'd.

Sorry, Rick. I'm done now.
I'm glad I said it because it is the truth. In fact I'm going to say it more. And you should be ashamed of your silly rapture theory too. This doctrine is very hurtful to the Jewish people. Floating away on some cloud from your leather coach while the Jews face another holocaust? If that is what you believe then I have pity for you. Seriously. y[-(