A Public Apology

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Lunalle
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

A Public Apology

Post by Lunalle »

Hey all,

I want to say I'm sorry if anything I say offends you. My intention is not to offend, but to present additional information. Unfortunately, I'm not the most charismatic person. Although I try to be polite, I don't always succeed. I'm just a human; an atheist human at that! :)

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers!
Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. (from Greek atheos, from a- 'without' + theos 'god').

Are you an atheist or a theist? If you're a theist, move a little closer to the truth, and become an atheist! :)
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes

Re: A Public Apology

Post by Mallz »

Honestly, I think you're getting misunderstood and perhaps sometimes not articulating what you're trying to say in a way for the majority of posters to understand.

My two cents y:-"
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

I thought this would be relevant here:
neo-x wrote:You just want to pick an argument to ram. Just being the contrarian for the sake of it. You are holding others to your feelings, this won't get you anything. For ne this is becoming pointless. You say you came here to learn but your actions betray your words. You repeatedly accuse others of dishonesty as if you alone are entitled to it. I think you need to work on your communication skills. You want to paint others in a corner with things they don't even adhere to. You're wasting our time.
Yes, I need to work on my communication skills. I openly admit that I am autistic, and have poor communication skills. I work very hard on them, but my mental processes are abnormal.

I want us all to grow. I want you to explain with more precision what you believe, and what you mean about what you say.

I don't want to paint others in a corner with things they don't adhere to, but I can only work with what others give me.

When you give me a definition of love (according to the Bible, which I believe you selectively adhere too), and I point out that love (according to your definition) is not always the best option, then you argue about the definition (that you supplied) of what love is, it becomes a very frustrating game of "reinterpret the words". I think I've been very generous in playing this game with all of you, but it is extremely irritating. I point out flaws in your logic and morality to give you the opportunity to improve them. I do this to build you up, not break you down. However, your continuous act of redefining words in order to justify your adherence to a belief is ultimately a stumbling block to your own progress. This is a major issue I have with apologists, but I'm willing to work through it with you.
Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. (from Greek atheos, from a- 'without' + theos 'god').

Are you an atheist or a theist? If you're a theist, move a little closer to the truth, and become an atheist! :)
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Look, no apology needed. My personal experience through some years of intense debating, has really made me tired of debates which turn into heated arguments.

My suggestion is, you ask a question. I just don't have time to write all of my views. Be specific and take your time in understanding the answer. Think of it as an interview, its not a debate. Because if you want a debate there are many others who may oblige you but I won't.

Things I don't want to waste my time with:

1. You telling me, my faith is bad because someone did something. I am not interested in that so don't bother.
2. You telling me I am being dishonest. Which would just mean, end of our conversation.
3. You telling me that you are under no obligation to answer me on what you claim, on my occasional question back to you.

Things I expect:
1. A lack of overconfidence. e.g Science has destroyed faith...total bollocks! reeks of overconfidence.
2. A lack of stereotypes. e.g christians use dishonest tactics. christians must be deluded etc. If thats the case you have come to the wrong place and this already, is clearly a mistake.
3. You ask, I reply. You take it or leave it.

If you are up, let me know. I also want to communicate with you but with the extra baggage of assumptions and stereotypes my ego stops me from engaging. :)
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
WannaLearn
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by WannaLearn »

I don't have enough faith to be an atheist
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

WannaLearn wrote:I don't have enough faith to be an atheist
:pound:

WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

y:O2 ....................... y=;
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

WannaLearn wrote:y:O2 ....................... y=;
:? You are trolling, right?

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Lunalle wrote:
WannaLearn wrote:y:O2 ....................... y=;
:? You are trolling, right?
No he is not - he was quoting a title of a book - look it up on amazon and if you like - purchase it if you like too ... may do you good...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

It is certainly an interesting claim. Assuming it is an honest statement, I apologize for laughing. It is extremely confusing though. Why do you think atheism requires faith? Perhaps more importantly, what do you think faith is?

jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Get Frank Turek's book and you will know.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

jlay wrote:Get Frank Turek's book and you will know.
I think I do know, but I will not be purchasing his book. I googled his name, and the auto-complete suggestion was "frank turek is an idiot" I have better things to do than read the writings of an idiot. This also highlights why I thought the original post was a troll.

TheArtfulDodger
Acquainted Member

Post by TheArtfulDodger »

Lunalle wrote:
I think I do know, but I will not be purchasing his book. I googled his name, and the auto-complete suggestion was "frank turek is an idiot" I have better things to do than read the writings of an idiot. This also highlights why I thought the original post was a troll.
I just googled "Jesus is" and the autocorrect was "savior." You should probably look into that guy.
Lunalle
Established Member

Post by Lunalle »

TheArtfulDodger wrote:
Lunalle wrote:
I just googled "Jesus is" and the autocorrect was "savior." You should probably look into that guy.
I've spent years looking in to it. I still am. :)

jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Lunalle wrote:
Brilliant reasoning!! Thank goodness your open mindedness and diligence led you to a Google search response.
Your "apology" post really resonates.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious