A little Guessing game for all board members

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
FallingScales
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

A little Guessing game for all board members

Post by FallingScales »

:eugeek: The game is, guess where your username came from, where your avatar (if you have one) came from, and where your signature (if you have one ) came from, I'm sure there are some stories in there somewhere.

A few rules that hopefully people will follow. :mrgreen:
1. If you post guessing about someone in this thread, you agree to become a target for being guessed about, and should include some hints if you think it is needed for username/avatar/signature.
2. Within a reasonable time frame from when someone guessed on part of your name.(1 week or less) You agree to give the answer to the reason you chose your username/avatar/signature.
3. You only need to give the answer if someone guessed on it, or if you just want to.
If someone wants to do points feel free.

I only have a username currently so we'll start with me, and let the game begin!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: A little Guessing game for all board members

Post by RickD »

Ok, I'll guess first. FallingScales, you took your name because you were on "Biggest Loser", and you lost a lot of weight. :mrgreen:

Just kidding. My real guess is that you were spiritually blind, but now you see. And the scales(figuratively) fell from your eyes.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

RickD wrote:Ok, I'll guess first. FallingScales, you took your name because you were on "Biggest Loser", and you lost a lot of weight. :mrgreen:

Just kidding. My real guess is that you were spiritually blind, but now you see. And the scales(figuratively) fell from your eyes.

Rick is your name and D is the first letter of your surname!!!
FallingScales
Acquainted Member

Post by FallingScales »

RickD wrote:Ok, I'll guess first. FallingScales, you took your name because you were on "Biggest Loser", and you lost a lot of weight. :mrgreen:

Getting warmer

RickD I'm gonna guess you picked the clown for a sort of shock factor since you jump right in with new members with your questions being a mod and all, and you picked a creepy one, so that board members will know your always watching kinda like the clown from IT.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Silvertusk wrote:

Rick is your name and D is the first letter of your surname!!!
Wow!!! Nothing gets by you Silvertusk! :lol:
You Brits never cease to amaze me!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FallingScales wrote:

Getting warmer

RickD I'm gonna guess you picked the clown for a sort of shock factor since you jump right in with new members with your questions being a mod and all, and you picked a creepy one, so that board members will know your always watching kinda like the clown from IT.
Not exactly. The Klown is from the 1980's movie, "Killer Klowns From Outer Space".
Killer Klowns trailer

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:
FallingScales wrote:RickD I'm gonna guess you picked the clown for a sort of shock factor since you jump right in with new members with your questions being a mod and all, and you picked a creepy one, so that board members will know your always watching kinda like the clown from IT.
Not exactly. The Klown is from the 1980's movie, "Killer Klowns From Outer Space".
Killer Klowns trailer
You really should go with FS' answer. Way more interesting. ;)
Silvertusk wrote:Rick is your name and D is the first letter of your surname!!!
Alright ST -- yours is really tough. I don't even know what a silver tusk is. I found images of silver tusk necklaces, so I'm guessing you know someone who had one or liked them/wanted one, so the whole idea has sentimental value for you.

Your signature is a nice Christian symbol, the Cross plus "The Lord is my Shepherd," emphasizing that you are one of Christ's sheep. And your signature is clever -- you don't have one because you never say the same thing twice. You're just that creative.

FS: I know your answer. Let's see if the Klown gets it.

edit:

The game is like Rumpelstiltskin . . . DB style. :D
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
FallingScales
Acquainted Member

Post by FallingScales »

RickD, OK so its from Killer Klowns From Outer Space from outer space eh? OK but WHY did you pick that i wonder...Hmmm
Perhaps you just like to freak people out who have issues with clowns and that one was one of the more obscure scary clowns you could think of at the time of picking it.

Jac, Your pic I'm gonna guess was chosen based on the history of playing cards and the origin of the Jack, Why a spade tho, I got nothing atm.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Falling Scales, your username suggests you value your coming to God. Falling scales could be inspired from Saul's conversion and his temporary blindness which opened his spiritual eyes.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
FallingScales
Acquainted Member

Post by FallingScales »

neo-x wrote:Falling Scales, your username suggests you value your coming to God. Falling scales could be inspired from Saul's conversion and his temporary blindness which opened his spiritual eyes.
We got a winner DING DING DING
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Jac3510 wrote:
RickD wrote:
FallingScales wrote:RickD I'm gonna guess you picked the clown for a sort of shock factor since you jump right in with new members with your questions being a mod and all, and you picked a creepy one, so that board members will know your always watching kinda like the clown from IT.
Killer Klowns trailer
You really should go with FS' answer. Way more interesting. ;)
Silvertusk wrote:Rick is your name and D is the first letter of your surname!!!
Alright ST -- yours is really tough. I don't even know what a silver tusk is. I found images of silver tusk necklaces, so I'm guessing you know someone who had one or liked them/wanted one, so the whole idea has sentimental value for you.

Your signature is a nice Christian symbol, the Cross plus "The Lord is my Shepherd," emphasizing that you are one of Christ's sheep. And your signature is clever -- you don't have one because you never say the same thing twice. You're just that creative.

FS: I know your answer. Let's see if the Klown gets it.

edit:

The game is like Rumpelstiltskin . . . DB style. :D

A very nice try Jac - but wrong on all counts - although saying that your guess is so good I might actually adpot it as the actual reasons for my avatar and Username. :ewink:
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Jac, Your pic I'm gonna guess was chosen based on the history of playing cards and the origin of the Jack, Why a spade tho, I got nothing atm.
For one, King David is usually associated with the King of spades, at least he was in the late middle ages.

Wild guess...the number 3510 in Jac's name could be the greek "Nephros", as the Strong's concordance lists it as meaning "the (inmost) mind". :mrgreen:

Anybody wanna guess mine? ;)
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jac wrote:
Jac, I've been hesitant in revealing Silvertusk's reason for his avatar, nevertheless, I'll let you all know his real reason. Silvertusk chose "shepherd" because in the part of the UK that he comes from, the people there have a special...let's just say a special "affinity" for their sheep. Baaaaaaaa! :pound:

As far as "Silvertusk", the Silvertusk like the one in the picture in the link below, symbolizes male virility. And that gets back to the whole issue with the sheep.
silvertusk

-Edward R Murrow

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Rick - You really have too much time on your hands :ewink:
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

neo-x wrote:
For one, King David is usually associated with the King of spades, at least he was in the late middle ages.

Wild guess...the number 3510 in Jac's name could be the greek "Nephros", as the Strong's concordance lists it as meaning "the (inmost) mind". :mrgreen:

Anybody wanna guess mine? ;)

Is it a Matrix reference?