Richard Dawkins looking smarter then ive ever seen him

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Richard Dawkins looking smarter then ive ever seen him

Post by bippy123 »

KBCid
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Richard Dawkins looking smarter then ive ever seen him

Post by KBCid »

You give him too much credit Bipp!
We can easily see this was all intelligently designed but I'm sure he will argue that this event evolved by the natural actions of some chemicals in the brain....
lol.
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

I enjoyed the Bishop Harries/ Prof.Dawkins conversation. Nice to see a man of faith and an atheist engaging in something other than a celebrity death match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0WinCWtLs

I get the feeling WLC would have pwned Dawkins if he did turn up. Regardless of stance Craig is far superior philosopher to Dawkins, a real celebrity deathmatch would have been more evenly matched and far more entertaining.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

KBCid wrote:You give him too much credit Bipp!
We can easily see this was all intelligently designed but I'm sure he will argue that this event evolved by the natural actions of some chemicals in the brain....
lol.
Hehehehe, maybe dawkins came from natural selection :mrgreen: , but its very apparent that WLC's intellect was streamline designed :)
Dawkins was also challenged by a large shroud of turin conference but he also failed to show up there too.
Seems like his specialty is no-shows.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Proinsias wrote:I enjoyed the Bishop Harries/ Prof.Dawkins conversation. Nice to see a man of faith and an atheist engaging in something other than a celebrity death match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0WinCWtLs

I get the feeling WLC would have pwned Dawkins if he did turn up. Regardless of stance Craig is far superior philosopher to Dawkins, a real celebrity deathmatch would have been more evenly matched and far more entertaining.
The problem I have with Dawkins is that he makes philosophical statements and wont back them up. At least with Hitchens he wasnt afraid to engage wlc. Hitchens got his clock cleaned but he took it like a man.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Dawkins has a video where he interviews McGrath.
There is an unedited version also.
I don't think Dawkins is as much of an ass as he comes off at times.
Sam1995
Valued Member

Post by Sam1995 »

I personally find Dawkins ok to listen to, I think his views are obviously and evidently flawed in many areas but he is entertaining to listen to. However, anyone who asks the question "Who created God?" and makes the statement "Natural selection accounts for its own existence" frankly does not deserve to be labelled as an expert in science nor philosophy.

SB.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Sam1995 wrote:I personally find Dawkins ok to listen to, I think his views are obviously and evidently flawed in many areas but he is entertaining to listen to. However, anyone who asks the question "Who created God?" and makes the statement "Natural selection accounts for its own existence" frankly does not deserve to be labelled as an expert in science nor philosophy.

SB.
First off cool name Sam(also my dads name ).
Yea dawkins seems more like a populous then an intellectual.
It's amazing that he has a heard of blind sheep following him right off the intellectual cliff lol.
Sam1995
Valued Member

Post by Sam1995 »

bippy123 wrote:
Sam1995 wrote:I personally find Dawkins ok to listen to, I think his views are obviously and evidently flawed in many areas but he is entertaining to listen to. However, anyone who asks the question "Who created God?" and makes the statement "Natural selection accounts for its own existence" frankly does not deserve to be labelled as an expert in science nor philosophy.

SB.
First off cool name Sam(also my dads name ).
Yea dawkins seems more like a populous then an intellectual.
It's amazing that he has a heard of blind sheep following him right off the intellectual cliff lol.
I'm not going to ignore his intelligence, that would just be arrogant of me. However, a man of that intelligence should have sufficient knowledge to know the opposing arguments to the arguments he presents in his books, debates, etc. Maybe this is unfair of me to say, but I honestly don't think he does, I think he has a vast knowledge of his own arguments and not a very vast understanding of the opposing arguments of Christianity. As a man of power within atheism who writes books and debates all over the world, I think that is a potentially dangerous mix.

Thank you for the compliment friend! ;)

SB y>:D<
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis