For me...

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

For me...

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Hello friends,

My marriage (after a very very long relationship) is ending, despite my best efforts to save it. But when I'm being asked to do something immoral, with absolutely no logical reasons to change my mind, its become such a huge impasse that it's no longer avoidable. I thought almost 2 months ago that maybe there was hope, but now, it's completely unraveled. I'm in enormous agony, and I ask you all to please, please pray for me, that God gives me strength to survive this...thank you...
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: For me...

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Will be praying for you
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

I will pray for you through this hard time - may God give you all the strength you need.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Please feel free to send a Privet Message to me if you would like to go into to detials... and need an ear to listen

Be blest!
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:Hello friends,

My marriage (after a very very long relationship) is ending, despite my best efforts to save it. But when I'm being asked to do something immoral, with absolutely no logical reasons to change my mind, its become such a huge impasse that it's no longer avoidable. I thought almost 2 months ago that maybe there was hope, but now, it's completely unraveled. I'm in enormous agony, and I ask you all to please, please pray for me, that God gives me strength to survive this...thank you...

you're in my prayers, sister y>:D<
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Thank you, kind ones. I prayed for all of you during Mass today in thanks for your support <3
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

y[-o< y[-o< y[-o<
God bless you and be with you and guide you.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Thanks, Neo. Deo Gratias for the mercy the Father shows me. I humbly ask, too, that prayers for my very, very lost husband be included. Though I am receiving abundant support everywhere, it is difficult to sometimes face my fears. It seems like the relationship isn't ending yet, but I am in limbo, so to speak. I see the multitude of dangers to my soul & I fear I may not be strong enough in my faith, especially if I have a husband who constantly belittles me and Our Lord. I want to be strong, I want to be a beacon of truth, of hope and of true unconditional love, and in the spirit of Christ, I would suffer whatever it takes for my husband's soul.

I wish to act in the image of Saints who persevered through similar trials (like the saint in my name). So many people abandon marriage, and though this is very, very, very hard, and I know I will suffer much, I find peace knowing that Christ will take this suffering and turn it into something truly miraculous. Only he can turn pain into goodness! Such is the nature of our Lord, and I am so thankful for the gift of faith to know this!

But, I admit, I am afraid. I am afraid I don't know what God's will is in this case, and I'm afraid I won't be able to discern it. It is so hard, he's become someone I can't recognize. He has so much rage and anger, and it's spilling out onto me in a much worse way. I've been called stupid, blind, brainwashed, ignorant, pathetic, sworn at -- and it's terrifying. Please, continue to pray for this situation. I know God hears me, but I know it can't hurt the more who ask.
Thank you again friends. I am so blessed to have found such incredibly humble, God-fearing, God-loving people who welcomed me with open arms from day one. Bless each and every one of you abundantly <3
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote: It is so hard, he's become someone I can't recognize. He has so much rage and anger, and it's spilling out onto me in a much worse way. I've been called stupid, blind, brainwashed, ignorant, pathetic, sworn at
This is so sad. You'll be in my prayers too.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Thank you so much <3
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Apologies if this is not welcomed in this area of the board but have you, as a couple, had any relationship counselling?
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

When I suggested it for this, he said "what? so we can talk to a CHRISTIAN counselor who will side with you?". I'm of the mind that if one is absolutely certain one has the right way and is living the right way and has the "truth", as he thinks he has in his atheism.
Last edited by StMonicaGuideMe on Wed May 02, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

When I suggested it for this, he said "what? so we can talk to a CHRISTIAN counselor who will side with you?". I think deep down he must know he's wrong because he's too afraid to talk to anyone who he knows will disagree with him.
Would you be happy to go see a non Christian counselor who may side with him? In my experience marriage counseling is more about bonding over a dislike of counseling, not about finding a counsellor that mainly agrees with one party.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:We did before our marriage for basic prep, and I definitely learned much (how to communicate, understanding temperaments, etc) but I think he scoffed at the whole thing because it came from "the church". He wasn't like this before we were married. He defined himself as a Christian, but at best non-denominational. I could live with that, clearly, since I married him.

When I suggested it for this, he said "what? so we can talk to a CHRISTIAN counselor who will side with you?". I think deep down he must know he's wrong because he's too afraid to talk to anyone who he knows will disagree with him. He hasn't told ANYONE about this. I'm of the mind that if one is absolutely certain one has the right way and is living the right way and has the "truth", as he thinks he has in his atheism, then he should have NO problem telling everyone about it :S So there's something weird going on here...
1 Co 7:15, "But if the husband or wife who is not a believer decides to leave, let them leave. When this happens, the brother or sister in Christ is free. God chose you to have a life of peace." ERV
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

If he wishes to leave, he can. He's chosen not to.

As for the counseling, he flat out won't go.