Say NO to a Palestinian State

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Say NO to a Palestinian State

Post by Murray »

Im Fat wrote:Arabs can live under what ever the hell they want. Let them govern themselves. Israel has no right to govern a soveign nation. If the arabs hate there own law code then change it, a couple million palestians cannot be forced to follow something if they all hate it. Again, let them choose for themselves.they cannot choose while they are being opressed

OHHH I love to share history.

Actually I don't even need to go into history to give you examples. Iran, select few governing many under Islamic death cult law, same with saudi arabia, same with now Egypt, soon to be Libya.

Islam is very dominating, do some research on , learn how it was founded. Always been a select few dominating the masses.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Im Fat wrote:Arabs can live under what ever the hell they want. Let them govern themselves. Israel has no right to govern a soveign nation. If the arabs hate there own law code then change it, a couple million palestians cannot be forced to follow something if they all hate it. Again, let them choose for themselves.they cannot choose while they are being opressed
They have already voted... And Hamas won hands down... Again, we want what is best for the Arabs. To live under Israeli rule where they will get their rights back. Including the women..

"On January 25, 2006, elections were held for the Palestinian Legislative Council (PLC), the legislature of the Palestinian National Authority (PNA). Notwithstanding the 2005 municipal elections and the January 9, 2005 presidential election, this was the first election to the PLC since 1996; subsequent elections had been repeatedly postponed due to the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Palestinian voters in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank including East Jerusalem were eligible to participate in the election.

Final results show that Hamas won the election, with 74 seats to the ruling-Fatah's 45, providing Hamas with the majority of the 132 available seats and the ability to form a majority government on their own.

Of the Electoral Lists, Hamas received 44.45% and Fatah 41.43%[1] and of the Electoral Districts, Hamas party candidates received 41.73% and Fatah party candidates received 36.96%.[2]

The Prime Minister, Ahmed Qurei, resigned, but at the request of President Mahmoud Abbas, remained as interim Prime Minister until February 19, when Hamas leader Ismail Haniya formed the new government. The Quartet threatened to cut funds to the Palestinian Authority following the elections."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinia ... tion,_2006
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Gman, did women vote in these "elections"
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Murray wrote: Islam is very dominating, do some research on , learn how it was founded. Always been a select few dominating the masses.
Oh it's deadly alright.. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. I find it very interesting how liberals support it.. It is EXTREMELY suppressive to women too...

Read this...
http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Women

Whoever supports this are not true liberals... You must be dethroned.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Gman on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:43 am

Murray wrote:
Islam is very dominating, do some research on , learn how it was founded. Always been a select few dominating the masses.

Oh it's deadly alright.. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. I find it very interesting how liberals support it.. It is EXTREMELY suppressive to women too...
It surely is, its a problem for the world, now.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Widge
Recognized Member

Post by Widge »

If the Jews followed their religion they would be stoning adulterers and homosexuals. Why criticize just Islam?
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Widge wrote:If the Jews followed their religion they would be stoning adulterers and homosexuals. Why criticize just Islam?
Believe it or not Israel is NOT a theocracy, it's a DEMOCRACY... In fact practically most of the members of the Israeli Knesset don't even believe in God..

Bertram
Acquainted Member

Post by Bertram »

I think Palestine should have their own land but must live in peace with Israel and vice versa. It is a shame when people put dodgy religious theology above loving their neighboours as themselves.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Bertram wrote:I think Palestine should have their own land but must live in peace with Israel and vice versa. It is a shame when people put dodgy religious theology above loving their neighboours as themselves.
The PA does not want peace with Israel but calls for it's complete elimination as the charter states on line 15.

Article 15: The liberation of Palestine, from an Arab viewpoint, is a national (qawmi) duty and it attempts to repel the Zionist and imperialist aggression against the Arab homeland, and aims at the elimination of Zionism in Palestine.

The evils of the Koran and hadiths also calls for the extermination of all Jews, the suppression of women and their rights, and the elimination of any other religion whether they are Christians, Buddhist, Hindu or the likes.

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Islamic_A ... _scripture

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Women#Dom ... d_in_Islam

Kuglof
Newbie Member

Post by Kuglof »

This matter wont be resloved peacefully.

Israel is not being exactly fair holding more than 300.000 people hostage in Gaza right? That is one reason why hatred toward Israel is so strong.

As for womens rights, that is damn shame that equality between sexes is still just in theory. Tell You the truth I'd rather see womens rights in "developed" countries such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait....

I'm for Palestinian state the one which could peacefully coexist with Israel and all it's neighbours.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Kuglof wrote:This matter wont be resloved peacefully.

Israel is not being exactly fair holding more than 300.000 people hostage in Gaza right? That is one reason why hatred toward Israel is so strong.

As for womens rights, that is damn shame that equality between sexes is still just in theory. Tell You the truth I'd rather see womens rights in "developed" countries such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait....

I'm for Palestinian state the one which could peacefully coexist with Israel and all it's neighbours.

I wouldn't say that Israel is holding 300,000 people hostage is Gaza, they are just defending themselves against rocket attacks.
Unfortunately there wont be peace because the extremists in Gaza will just keep sending rockets over the border.

What would you do if someone kept attacking you and your family, would you stand idly by and watch them crush your children or would you send in the troops to stop the attack?

Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Bertram
Acquainted Member

Post by Bertram »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:

I wouldn't say that Israel is holding 300,000 people hostage is Gaza, they are just defending themselves against rocket attacks.
Unfortunately there wont be peace because the extremists in Gaza will just keep sending rockets over the border.

What would you do if someone kept attacking you and your family, would you stand idly by and watch them crush your children or would you send in the troops to stop the attack?

Daniel

As I said both groups are doing evil hence there won't be peace
Kuglof
Newbie Member

Post by Kuglof »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Daniel
Well people in Gaza are mostly civilians. They are resisting army which receives "help" from USA worth hundreds of milions of dollars each year.

Israel was kingdom once and artificially made anew in 1946. That is what happens with states, towns, villages. One of the places among suggested was current place where Namibia is today.

It is obvious that we have dfferent view on this so be it...
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Israel didn't exactly create this refugee problem. In fact it was the Arabs mostly who drove them out of Israel.

According to Mahmoud Abbas:

"The Arab armies entered Palestine to protect the Palestinians from the Zionist tyranny but, instead, they abandoned them, forced them to emigrate and to leave their homeland, and threw them into prisons similar to the ghettos in which the Jews used to live in Eastern Europe, as if we were condemned to change places with them: they moved out of their ghettos and we occupied similar ones."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Abbas

Leaders like Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Said, who declared:

"We will smash the country with our guns and obliterate every place the Jews seek shelter in. The Arabs should conduct their wives and children to safe areas until the fighting has died down."

In his memoirs, Haled al Azm, the Syrian Prime Minister in 1948/49, also admitted the Arab role in persuading the refugees to leave:

"Since 1948 we have been demanding the return of the refugees to their homes. But we ourselves are the ones who encouraged them to leave. Only a few months separated our call to them to leave and our appeal to the United Nations to resolve on their return."

According to the Israeli declaration of 1948, Israelis wanted the Arabs to become a part of Israel, not separate.

"WE APPEAL - in the very midst of the onslaught launched against us now for months - to the Arab inhabitants of the State of Israel to preserve peace and participate in the upbuilding of the State on the basis of full and equal citizenship and due representation in all its provisional and permanent institutions."

WE EXTEND our hand to all neighbouring states and their peoples in an offer of peace and good neighbourliness, and appeal to them to establish bonds of cooperation and mutual help with the sovereign Jewish people settled in its own land. The State of Israel is prepared to do its share in a common effort for the advancement of the entire Middle East.

Source: http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Peace%20Proce ... f%20Israel

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Bertram wrote:I think Palestine should have their own land but must live in peace with Israel and vice versa. It is a shame when people put dodgy religious theology above loving their neighboours as themselves.
And how do you expect this to happen? Take those rose-tinted specs off and put the thinking cap on...
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia