Deism or Christianity?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Troublemakingteen
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Deism or Christianity?

Post by Troublemakingteen »

Which is more logical to you?
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Deism or Christianity?

Post by narnia4 »

Christianity. Some arguments for theism would work equally well when applied to deism or Christianity, but other convincing arguments for theism work best when you're talking about a personal God who is active in the world. Then there are arguments from the Bible, the resurrection, and personal experience that all support Christianity over deism. Besides all that, I just feel like if a God created us, he did so for a purpose and would be involved or want himself to be known in some way.
Young, Restless, Reformed
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Both are subsets of Theism in a categorical sense. Deism and Christianity share a great deal of common ground. Christianity goes beyond the scope of Deism and is logical. The question is are the assumptions of Christianity Valid. Insofar as the foundation of Christianity is the person, deity and resurrection of Christ and I believe that to be true, then Christianity is logical.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

The #1 argument against Deism for me is that God got personal at one time, so why would He no longer be so?

If God created, then He obviously invested a lot of Himself in designing a universe like our and fine-tuning it for us, life and so forth. So why would He walk away and let it go?

Doesn't make sense to me. And as Judge Judy says: "If it doesn't make sense, then its not true." ;)
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

HAHAH LOL nice nice kurieuo :P
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
smiley
Established Member

Post by smiley »

Maybe he created us as rats to experiment on. Or maybe he created as his dying wish. Or maybe something we can't understand. Millions of possibilities.
"Imagine if we picked the wrong god. Every time we go to church, we're just make him madder and madder." - Homer Simpson
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

smiley wrote:Maybe he created us as rats to experiment on. Or maybe he created as his dying wish. Or maybe something we can't understand. Millions of possibilities.
Possibilities, but not plausibilities given the magnitude and complete context of what has been created.
ryeguy123
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ryeguy123 »

christianity a god that creates but dosent care just doesent add up